UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Biggest coon!
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
boxmanwillie
Banned

BIGGEST COON

32 POUNDS TRED IT WITH A 450POUND GRNT RED DOG 18 DEGREES ON A SAT NIGHT NEVER FORGET THAT NIGHT WHIPPED OLD RED HAD TO TIE OLD MAN BACK AND KILL IT BIG OLD BOAR

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-30-2013 11:57 PM
boxmanwillie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boxmanwillie Click here to Send boxmanwillie a Private Message Find more posts by boxmanwillie Add boxmanwillie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jordan120
UKC Forum Member

Down here in Southern WV the biggest one we treed was 28 pounds and that was two days after it was killed. We got one hung in a tree one night and it was 30 plus it looked like a cub bear in the tree

**Home Of**

PR Money's Little Rain
Nitech PR The Midnight Joker

Jordan Maynard
304-385-4266 --Home
304-784-2091 --Cell

Richard Maynard
304-272-3338 --Home
304-784-7551 --Cell

**Call us anytime if you have a question**

**RIP**
Grnitech Grch PR High Spirit Dan
~7-8-1999 to 10-6-2012~
PR Stylish Ruby[color=blue](Died with 2 UKC first)
PR WV'S High Power Aka FEFE (2008 WV State Champion)
(Died with 2 UKC first)

PR MY Fightin Side
(Died with a UKC 1st and 2nd)
~8-20-2007 to 12-7-2012~

Grnitech Grch PR Maynard's Nocturnal Nicki
10-1-2003 to 6-22-15

Old Post 07-31-2013 11:05 AM
Jordan120 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jordan120 Click here to Send Jordan120 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jordan120 Visit Jordan120's homepage! Find more posts by Jordan120 Add Jordan120 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

JODAVIESS COUNTY NW.IL.

<v>

Old Post 07-31-2013 12:33 PM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
frank wright jr
UKC Forum Member

27lbs

killed in the mississippi delta last season big old boar coon had alot of character had battle scars all over him im currently mounting him...my biggest by far usually they average 18 to 23lbs in the delta...in the hills if you kill one that ways 18lbs your dueing good..

Old Post 07-31-2013 12:48 PM
frank wright jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for frank wright jr Click here to Send frank wright jr a Private Message Click Here to Email frank wright jr Find more posts by frank wright jr Add frank wright jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigridge kennel
UKC Forum Member

I've seen some 40 pounders mounted , but my biggest in western Nc was 27

Pr' bigridge ole dan
Pr' Ralph's red hawk addy
Nt.ch. Reece's show no mercy
bigridge bear crazy blue
Pr' bigridge diesel

Old Post 08-01-2013 04:04 AM
Bigridge kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bigridge kennel Click here to Send Bigridge kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Bigridge kennel Add Bigridge kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cooncrazy7
UKC Forum Member

Killed one that pushed 40 it was a five hour race with a 35 lb english blue dog that was netured and a house dog /coin dog and a 45 lb walker male it was all they wanted. We shot it out and it fell in a good sized hole the blue dog went in after it but he got back out we ran a sharp stick in the hole and pulled him out were wore slap out the bad part the five hrs was only a bout seven hundred yrds it made circle after circle

Old Post 08-01-2013 04:58 AM
cooncrazy7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cooncrazy7 Click here to Send cooncrazy7 a Private Message Click Here to Email cooncrazy7 Find more posts by cooncrazy7 Add cooncrazy7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JPBlack
UKC Forum Member

30 lbs, killed it and a 26 lber in same tree, shot big boy out first he whipped 2 young dogs bout whipped the old dog, shot the second in the head..lol 1992 on Grand River in Ne Okla

Old Post 08-01-2013 07:02 PM
JPBlack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JPBlack Click here to Send JPBlack a Private Message Click Here to Email JPBlack Find more posts by JPBlack Add JPBlack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajsdad
UKC Forum Member

Two years ago I killed one that I would've bet weighed 30lbs plus....weighed it later on and ended up being 23lbs!! Big coon and what a hide on him!!

Old Post 08-01-2013 09:42 PM
ajsdad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ajsdad Click here to Send ajsdad a Private Message Click Here to Email ajsdad Find more posts by ajsdad Add ajsdad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jordan120
UKC Forum Member

This past coon season we killed a few coons that weighed 20 plus pounds. Some of the biggest coons I've seen in a long time

**Home Of**

PR Money's Little Rain
Nitech PR The Midnight Joker

Jordan Maynard
304-385-4266 --Home
304-784-2091 --Cell

Richard Maynard
304-272-3338 --Home
304-784-7551 --Cell

**Call us anytime if you have a question**

**RIP**
Grnitech Grch PR High Spirit Dan
~7-8-1999 to 10-6-2012~
PR Stylish Ruby[color=blue](Died with 2 UKC first)
PR WV'S High Power Aka FEFE (2008 WV State Champion)
(Died with 2 UKC first)

PR MY Fightin Side
(Died with a UKC 1st and 2nd)
~8-20-2007 to 12-7-2012~

Grnitech Grch PR Maynard's Nocturnal Nicki
10-1-2003 to 6-22-15

Old Post 08-02-2013 04:28 AM
Jordan120 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jordan120 Click here to Send Jordan120 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jordan120 Visit Jordan120's homepage! Find more posts by Jordan120 Add Jordan120 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Moore
UKC Forum Member

A SIXTY FIVE POUND COON SHOT IN UPSTATE NY BACK IN 1979. TREED BY AN ALL BLUE BLUETICK NAMED GRNTCH PIONEER BLUE ABE. IT WAS SO BIG I HAD TO WRAP A DOG LEASE AROUND IT AND DRAG IT TO THE TRUCK. I WAS PAID SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS FOR THE HIDE. I WISH I HAD THOUGHT ABOUT HAVING IT MOUNTED. THE GUN SHOT DID NOT KILL IT . IT BROKE ITS NECK FROM FALLING OUT OF THE TREE. I AM 6 FEET AND THREE INCHES TALL WHEN I HELD UP THE SKIN BY THE TAIL, THE NOSE OF THE COON STILL TOUCHED THE GROUND.

Last edited by Richard Moore on 08-02-2013 at 04:07 PM

Old Post 08-02-2013 09:27 AM
Richard Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Moore Click here to Send Richard Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Moore Find more posts by Richard Moore Add Richard Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Moore
UKC Forum Member

Re: 49 LBS

I WILL NEVER CALL YOU A LIAR. I HAVE HUNTED IN WIS AND MN AND NEW YORK. THE BIGGEST COON I HAVE EVER SEEN ARE IN THOSE THREE STATES AND IN CANADA. YEARS AGO THIRTY TO THIRTY FIVE LBS COONS WERE NORMAL

quote:
Originally posted by DAN CAHOY
BELEIVE IT OR NOT......CORN FED SD COON.......BUT OUR AVERAGE BOARS ARE BIGGER THAN MOST I SEEN ON HERE.....CALL ME A LIAR IF YA WANT BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS COME FOR A HUNT....HAVE HAD PEOPLE FROM GA UP TO HUNT AND THEY WOULDNT LET THERE DOGS FIGHT THE COON CAUSE THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD KILL A DOG........I HUNTED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND AINT EVER SEEN EM AS BIG AS HERE CEPT MAYBE MN OR WI.......THINK THERE IS A PIC OF 3 COONS ON MY SITE AND THE BIG ONE WAYS 30 AND HE IS BOUT AVE IN THE FALL COME CORN TIME..........
THE 49 LB COON WAS WIEGHED THE MORN AFTER WE GOT HIM....HIS HIDE WAS TANNED AND I GAVE IT TO A FRIEND OF MINE IN MN..............
DAN CAHOY

Old Post 08-02-2013 09:32 AM
Richard Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Moore Click here to Send Richard Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Moore Find more posts by Richard Moore Add Richard Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

32# lbs in Wyandotte Oklahoma.

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 08-02-2013 02:05 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wings
UKC Forum Member

Re: Biggest coon!

the big coon we got with the dogs was 31 lb . the record is 75 lb my sister had a pet we got out of a wall it was about 3 inch long .5 years later it hit 64lb

Old Post 08-02-2013 08:27 PM
wings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wings Click here to Send wings a Private Message Click Here to Email wings Find more posts by wings Add wings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clanc
UKC Forum Member

Killed a couple that were in the 25lb range, Me and a buddy killed the largest that i have ever killed this past Dec. Skinned it in the woods so didn't weigh it. If i can get the pic to load this is it.

Old Post 08-02-2013 11:08 PM
Clanc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clanc Click here to Send Clanc a Private Message Click Here to Email Clanc Find more posts by Clanc Add Clanc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buggy.paulus5
UKC Forum Member

My uncle is a taxidermist and a few years back he mounted a twenty four pound coon for a fella this old boar coon had two or three rings missing off of his tail tail he was blind in his right eye and his ears flopped instead of standing up one of the ugliest critters you've ever seen

Old Post 08-03-2013 07:33 PM
buggy.paulus5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buggy.paulus5 Click here to Send buggy.paulus5 a Private Message Click Here to Email buggy.paulus5 Find more posts by buggy.paulus5 Add buggy.paulus5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Breezy
UKC Forum Member

Re: JODAVIESS COUNTY NW.IL.

quote:
Originally posted by jodaviess1

<v>

How much did this one weigh? he looks like a Dandy.........Joe

Old Post 08-03-2013 08:47 PM
Breezy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breezy Click here to Send Breezy a Private Message Click Here to Email Breezy Find more posts by Breezy Add Breezy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvhoundsman
UKC Forum Member

central wv 28# 2008 and a 24 1/2 # 4 days later 2 miles up the river

in southside va around 20 yrs ago a 25#

biggest last year was 18

Old Post 08-04-2013 08:30 PM
wvhoundsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvhoundsman Click here to Send wvhoundsman a Private Message Click Here to Email wvhoundsman Visit wvhoundsman's homepage! Find more posts by wvhoundsman Add wvhoundsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Killed these here in Central Indiana when I was in high school. They was 27, 28 and 31, all killed same section same night all singles. My 3 biggest so far. Look at the coons head compared to my knee in the first pic.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 08-05-2013 02:45 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J&C5891
UKC Forum Member

Big coon Jeremy..biggest I've ever saw or killed was 33lbs..the first coon I ever shot out when I was in 5th grade

Jacob Cox
606-269-1062

After Dark Kennels
Home Of

GRNT' Jrs Janey
(Xjr x Insane Jane)

GRNT Trackman's Stylish Witch
(Trackman x Witchcraft

GRNT' Lonetree Style Legend
( Nocturnal Style x Southern Sky)

NTCH' Jessie Jane(2wins)
(Insane Cain X Chloe Cheyenne)

After Darks Jan-It
(Sweat It x Jr's Janey)

Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Honey Creek Spider x Jr's Janey)

Old Post 08-05-2013 04:10 AM
J&C5891 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J&C5891 Click here to Send J&C5891 a Private Message Click Here to Email J&C5891 Find more posts by J&C5891 Add J&C5891 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

My dad killed a 27 & 28 in New Hampshire several years back. He killed a 30 pounder in Somerset co pa. Dog caught it on ground in corn. Hell of a fight. Two young dogs standing back barking. They was whipped.

Myself and two others killed an 18 pounder in garrett county Md, Savage River area.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 08-07-2013 02:11 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hunter cochenet
UKC Forum Member

35 pounds in wisconsin

Old Post 08-07-2013 07:56 PM
hunter cochenet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hunter cochenet Click here to Send hunter cochenet a Private Message Click Here to Email hunter cochenet Find more posts by hunter cochenet Add hunter cochenet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

37 pounds up in Iowa NE of Iowa city killed several up there in the mid to high 20's. The big one we got never put a bullet in. It was about an hour long race in standing corn fields and they were just about to catch him when he ran in under an old shed that had fell down. We poked him out one dog killed the coon by himself the other one wouldnt have nothing to do with it. LOL. But at home here in NW Arkansas the biggest was 23 pounds. Also killed a 19 and a 22 pounder but that is just about as big as one gets here in the NW corner of Arkansas.

Old Post 08-07-2013 11:22 PM
iivydriff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iivydriff Click here to Send iivydriff a Private Message Click Here to Email iivydriff Find more posts by iivydriff Add iivydriff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

WOW.... 10 year old thread

I started this thread over 10 years ago.. Since that time I had to get rid of my hounds to move to central Florida to go to Law School (UF- Go Gators- not doing well this year).

10 years later, here I am, searched because I miss the sound of my ol blueticks and was wanting to get my son interested in coonhunting, and was searching to look at pups..

Anyway, I seen some of the old names I remember on the leaderboards.

If anyone has some decent bred blue pups up to 8-9 months old, email me
bigelowrtt@yahoo.com with what you have...

No Name Pup #1-(GRNT Zero x GRNT Layla)
No Name Pup #2- ( GRNT Poncho x GRNT Layla)
Casey Bigelow 407-952-0714

Old Post 12-30-2013 08:59 PM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
horsepuller
UKC Forum Member

27 lbs november of 2013. Hillsdale,MI

Old Post 12-31-2013 01:06 AM
horsepuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for horsepuller Click here to Send horsepuller a Private Message Click Here to Email horsepuller Find more posts by horsepuller Add horsepuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
horsepuller
UKC Forum Member

27 Lbs

November 2013
Hillsdale county southern,MI

Old Post 12-31-2013 01:08 AM
horsepuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for horsepuller Click here to Send horsepuller a Private Message Click Here to Email horsepuller Find more posts by horsepuller Add horsepuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote