UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Facebook vs UKC Forums
Where do you prefer to look and talk coonhounds while online?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
UKC Forum 133 77.33%
Facebook 36 20.93%
Instagrm 1 0.58%
Twitter 1 0.58%
Snapchat 1 0.58%
Total: 172 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

Facebook vs UKC Forums

Which do you like better when you are just wanting to look and talk coonhounds?

It seems the last couple of years that this forum is loosing the younger generations and they are just using other social media ex. Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2018 08:03 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

Which this could be a slightly tainted survey since it is posted on the UKC Forums!

–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 01-17-2018 08:14 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Hey they have loosened up on here a bunch (we wore them down ) only thing hurts face book the younger bunch thinks it's cute to cuss and always gonna whoop sombody this site has kids that read it you can't have that on here jmo.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2018 08:29 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

This forum is just about coon hunting. Facebook is about every illness since the plague.

Old Post 01-17-2018 08:52 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

The moderators have ran most off of these hunting sites. Especially this one.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 01-17-2018 09:03 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Been a long time member on here, don’t say much but visit multiple times a day. I feel the conversations on here are tons more informational than Facebook and prefer reading ukc topics. That being said I find Facebook extremely simple to post pics to compared to this forum. You can find some informational posts with good pics and video on Facebook but you have to wade through multiple junk for sale ads to find them! If the moderators are reading this I would highly suggest a more user friendly search option as well as more user friendly options to post pics.

PR Dry Branch's Thunder Braley
PR Dry Branch's foggy mtn daisy

Never forgotten-
PR Dutch Hollars Mtn Cry Diamond

Old Post 01-17-2018 09:26 PM
yrphunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrphunter Click here to Send yrphunter a Private Message Click Here to Email yrphunter Find more posts by yrphunter Add yrphunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

I like this this the best except there needs to be a easier way to post pictures

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:22 AM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Hey they have loosened up on here a bunch (we wore them down ) only thing hurts face book the younger bunch thinks it's cute to cuss and always gonna whoop sombody this site has kids that read it you can't have that on here jmo.

Tar

kinda rite tar !! dang that hurts !! but on here you have old farts gonna whip all and on facebook you have the young farts gonna whip all !! need to join hands and just love each other !!! LMBO

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:48 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

Facebook has alot of dog jockeys people dont know yet. On here you know who the guys are you can trust plus you can ask around if you need to. not saying you cant find a good dog on face book but I buy my pups off here.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:50 AM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

I'm only 24 and do not take part in Facebook. I visit the forums atleast once a day to pass time or look for an answer to a question I may be pondering at the time, there is information on here. But as far as the dog trading goes and showing dogs off it seems that Facebook is a much better venue from what I have been shown. More local houndsmen, and the availabliity of pictures and videos to just scroll through. Also maybe a more active feed sometimes days can go by without new controversies or topics, maybe not since yadkintar is in the loose but Facebook is ever changing.

I'm not knocking UKC and darn sure wish social media isn't what it is. Just my two cents on the matter.

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:52 AM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

x2 you never know what your gonna see on facebook

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:57 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

I don't have a facebook account but I hear there is no beating around the bush afraid something might get deleted. I like that.

Old Post 01-18-2018 01:27 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mark nethery
UKC Forum Member

Facebook much easier

To share pictures! Number one reason I look an share photos so much easier or at all since I don’t know how to post on this site have tried just to dum. Lol thanks for asking

Home off
SUPER STAKES SIRE
UKC DNA Profiled
GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter (Grch GrNtCh Crows an Grants Cutter x GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Hope )
At stud.300 negative Brucellosis

Pr Trick Magic Dixie ( GrchGrntch2 Charley Creek Big Mike x Grch GrNtCh Trick Magic Trudy)

PR Git Ryght Ryta. (GrNtCh Kant Git Ryght x GrNtCh Magic Style Dolly )

Pr Stylish Cutter Jr ( GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter x Pr Trick Magic Dixie sister t Bad Butch )

Semen stored at Peewee valley
Grntch Stylish Hammer is a 2019 UKC preformance sire. DNA profile in UKC and PKC see stud dog page for ad on GrNtch Stylish Hammer 👍🇺🇸

Old Post 01-18-2018 06:48 PM
mark nethery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mark nethery Click here to Send mark nethery a Private Message Find more posts by mark nethery Add mark nethery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

I prefer this site except for one thing and that's posting pics. It's so much easier to post pics on Facebook. I don't know about Twitter and SnapChat is for one thing and one thing only from what I've seen and it sure ain't coon huntin. Has anyone at UKC ever thought about putting out a mobile app for this site? It would make posting pics so much easier.

Old Post 01-18-2018 06:57 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

I’ve never been threatened on this site.

Someone is always wanting to beat me up on Facebook. Young kids can dish it but they sure can’t take it. Lol Heck I thought I was going to have a drag out fight yesterday over calling someone a snowflake. They always think they deserve an award.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 01-18-2018 07:21 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LSO1103
I prefer this site except for one thing and that's posting pics. It's so much easier to post pics on Facebook. I don't know about Twitter and SnapChat is for one thing and one thing only from what I've seen and it sure ain't coon huntin. Has anyone at UKC ever thought about putting out a mobile app for this site? It would make posting pics so much easier.

I was thinking the same thing about a mobile app

–- Wyatt Earp

Old Post 01-18-2018 07:36 PM
yadkintar
Banned

My computer skills are lacking to say the least but that boy of mine has no problem putting stuff on here might be the age difference I struggle with the littlest things. But was working when I should have been in school.

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2018 07:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

A mobile app won't help with posting pictures on here.... UKC has the option of uploading to their server turned off.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 01-18-2018 08:47 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
A mobile app won't help with posting pictures on here.... UKC has the option of uploading to their server turned off.

You said that when the bosses are on here ...........my hero yeah !!

Lol

Old Post 01-18-2018 08:59 PM
SRF
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

Yea I know what ya mean. I’m 15 years old and there’s a lot of people like that I know. I try being respectful though on here and not cause too much trouble lol.

Old Post 01-19-2018 12:51 AM
SRF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SRF Click here to Send SRF a Private Message Click Here to Email SRF Find more posts by SRF Add SRF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SRF
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

Yea I know what ya mean. I’m 15 years old and there’s a lot of people like that I know. I try being respectful though on here and not cause too much trouble lol.

Old Post 01-19-2018 12:51 AM
SRF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SRF Click here to Send SRF a Private Message Click Here to Email SRF Find more posts by SRF Add SRF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I have quite a few coonhound people on Facebook, keep up on a lot going on on there. Don't use twitter, don't have many people on Instagram so don't see much on there. Have a few coonhound people on Snapchat I talk to.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 01-19-2018 01:36 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt Roberts
UKC Forum Member

I don’t say very much on here but I visit several times a day. Definitely a lot more educational “and entertaining” than FB but with all the technology out there you’d think it would be easier to put pictures on here. No reason why you should have to use a third party (post image/photo bucket) or whatever it is to post pictures. Not that I have any worth posting but these ole red dogs might luck up occasionally

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:35 AM
Matt Roberts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Roberts Click here to Send Matt Roberts a Private Message Find more posts by Matt Roberts Add Matt Roberts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

I enjoy the swamp music group on facebook. I can post on there and not get my ass handed to me from all the experts like on here.

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:14 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

To many moderators doing to much moderating on here. If it's a worthwhile or interesting topic enjoy it cause it'll be deleted tomorrow..

Old Post 01-19-2018 01:30 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote