UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > "Oak Mountain Frito" - UKC Performance Sire
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Frito won his cast again last night and got another first place in UKC. I believe that's three cast wins in a row and a total of five casts won out of a total of seven casts hunted for the year.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-17-2010 10:43 PM
Rick Ennen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Ennen Click here to Send Rick Ennen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Ennen Find more posts by Rick Ennen Add Rick Ennen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

frito looked good in his cast win. big mouth, impressive son of a gun.. i thought i had him in the end , but porkies don't score the same as coons. lol

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 10-18-2010 05:47 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

The dang dog made me look up a for real, actual, cannot-make-up-an-excuse slick tree last night!!! Oh the shame of it all...I'll be depressed for a month. Frito also treed a double and single but it didn't matter because my whole night was shot. This pic is from the single he treed last night. Any body got any Kleenex?

Old Post 10-19-2010 03:56 PM
Rick Ennen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Ennen Click here to Send Rick Ennen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Ennen Find more posts by Rick Ennen Add Rick Ennen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Rick on Frito's win. keep him in the woods it sounds like he is doing an awesome job.

PS. Don't be so hard on yourself or Frito.

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN
TEAM ROCK BOTTOM SWEAT IT

CURT AHRING STUD BARN CENTRAL
5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

FOR REFFERENCE ON TRACKMAN & SWEAT IT
CALL BUZZ LYNCH @ 615-368-7319

CONGRATS TO CURT AHRING FOR BEING BREEDER OF THE YEAR 4 YRS AND RUNNING.

CONGRATS TO ALL GRAND TRACKMAN FOR BEING SIRE OF THE YEAR 3YRS AND RUNNING.

CURT WANTS TO THANK HIS WIFE KERRI FOR ALL HER HARD WORK AND LOVING SUPPORT OF CURT'S CRUSADES OVER THE YEARS. HE REALLY APPRECIATES HER AND LOVES HER DEARLY. THANKS KERRI FOR SUPPORTING TEAM TRACKMAN AND KEEPING OL CURT IN LINE... IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN DONE WITHOUT YOU.

COME JOIN TEAM TRACKMAN FB PAGE
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrackman

Nite-Time Hunting & Pet Supply
James, Benga, J.D. & Isabella Atwell
3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :
http://www.nitetimesupply.com

Old Post 10-19-2010 04:00 PM
Hokieman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hokieman Click here to Send Hokieman a Private Message Visit Hokieman's homepage! Find more posts by Hokieman Add Hokieman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

My wife pointed out that none of my recent pictures show Frito's left side. Don't know why it's worked like that so the other night I made sure I got a left side picture. Reminds me of little Magi Brademeyer, who cared for Frito as a whelped puppy. She named him spotty for the mark on his hind leg.

Old Post 11-05-2010 07:00 PM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

" BOY SPOTTY " LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE IN THE BIG TIMBER DOWN ON THE MIGHTY MO THATS NIGHT...

Old Post 11-05-2010 07:04 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

Frito is a real fine looking hound Rick. I did wonder what the other side looked liked... LOL

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

CURT WANTS TO THANK HIS WIFE KERRI FOR ALL HER HARD WORK AND LOVING SUPPORT OF CURT'S CRUSADES OVER THE YEARS. HE REALLY APPRECIATES HER AND LOVES HER DEARLY. THANKS KERRI FOR SUPPORTING TEAM TRACKMAN AND KEEPING OL CURT IN LINE... IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN DONE WITHOUT YOU.

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 11-05-2010 08:18 PM
Hokieman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hokieman Click here to Send Hokieman a Private Message Visit Hokieman's homepage! Find more posts by Hokieman Add Hokieman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Oh, the awful embarrassment of finding your worthless dog on a post tree when there are bigger trees all around. And to think he ran that track for several minutes to come up short on a tree that leaves me no room for an excuse.

Wait a second...
that's a big ringer up there clinging to the twigs...

Frito's slogan is "they climb or they die."

Old Post 11-09-2010 03:27 PM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

Rick Great Pixs... Thanks for sharing. Were's them pups?

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 11-12-2010 05:03 AM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Friday night was out and Frito treed a couple coons. On the first run I enjoyed hearing the race while he ran a track back in the big timber. I heard him come up on the tree and he threw up one of those big locates you dream about -it sounded so clear and loud coming from the timber. I looked down at the Garmin and it said 1.17 miles.

Hunted him last night and we really got into the coons. Hunted in a circular area around my rig and it didn't take long to plus him three times. He'd tree and I'd send him back across the woods and he'd go out and mop up more coons. I think we could have treed a few more in there but made a promise to get home early.

Having too much fun on the mighty MO...

By next weekend I'm thinking the lakes in the Turtle Mountains should be safely frozen over and we can go back to treeing those tough forest coons. It isn't worth the risk and I have to stay away for a couple weeks in late fall until ice over.

Old Post 11-14-2010 05:37 PM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

Awesome Rick

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 11-14-2010 07:49 PM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

First drop last night not a bark out of Frito and he went about 1.75 miles.

Next drop Frito struck close and caught a coon. This time in icy water on a deep oxbow back in the woods. The track was cold when Frito struck and he worked it about .7 mile down one side of the oxbow. The coon heard him coming, swam over to the other side of the oxbow and ran about .6 mile back in the direction to where the track started. Frito caught up with the coon at that point and settled the score.

That's 14 coons Frito has singlehandedly caught in the woods so far this year. Roughly 1 out of 10 tracks finished end with a coon caught. He would catch way more if I hunted him away from trees but that is no fun. I want Frito to know he's competing with the trees themselves and alway work to push the track so fast that the coon doesn't have time to climb. "They climb or they die."

I didn't take any pictures of Frito last night. He was covered in mud and I had a couple of his pups along for a controlled hunting experience. It was almost more than 1 guy could control at the scene of the catch in the mud with those pups pulling to get to the coon one second, jumping on me for reassurance the next, no close trees for tie out, mud everywhere. Must be coon hunting.

Old Post 11-16-2010 03:34 PM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

One of Frito's pups doing cleanup duty the other night. These little guys are ambitious and about ready to hunt. It's too bad they are going to be ready about the time the weather is going to shut us down for the season. We'll be froze over after this weekend.

Old Post 11-18-2010 12:26 AM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

Yeah their bout ready aren't they. I hope your winter is a mild one so you can keep them in the woods.

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 11-18-2010 02:00 AM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

what ones did you take along rick?

Old Post 11-18-2010 06:19 AM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

fellas. rick has told me that he might cut loose of 1 or possibly 2 of these pups. when he told me that i jumped on one . i haven't picked him up or out yet kinda waiting on rick to decide what one he is likes the best then i will pick.
..if anyone is looking for somthing to try and have a chance at going big time with i would give rick a call.he might get mad at me for doing this, not sure but i think he needs to put a couple of these pups in some coonhunters hands then he can push two or three himself. i garentee there is going to be a big time barn burner out of this cross , and i'm definatly going to role the dice on one of these.
.. i was the breeder of frito and have personally started 5 or 6 of his brothers and sisters. they all were natural, they had the big mouths and heart and drive to give up to other dogs.
... i bought sloopy the mother of these pups when she was 6 months old and started and trained her. she was one of my top 5 all time coondogs that i have ever owned . i sold her when she was two for 7500. and i wished i would have kept her.she was a dandy. she was the best lay up dog i ever seen. sloopy is also a full sister to wld ch x jr and pkc national ch water oak mabel. this was a tremendous cross
... i doubt if rick wants to sell many of these pups , because he has idicated to me he would like to start several of them, ' but i think if you were the right guy and a good hunter he might cut loose of one . i am getting one for sure and he might cut loose of another.
... these pups are superstaked and performance also akc pup nominated as well

Last edited by jay brademeyer on 11-18-2010 at 06:22 PM

Old Post 11-18-2010 05:57 PM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Got an hour's hunting in last night before the winter wind came up at 11 PM. Coons were moving.

#172, 173, 174, 175 (only 1 other tree all year had 4 or more coons in it -generally been only singles and doubles)

Old Post 11-19-2010 05:02 PM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

Awesome Rick!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 11-19-2010 05:53 PM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

BEEN SNOWING HERE ALL NIGHT AND MORNING/ ALLREADY SICK OF IT

Old Post 11-22-2010 04:54 PM
doc holliday
UKC Forum Member

good looking hound i dont guess you would put a price on him would you

Old Post 11-22-2010 10:50 PM
doc holliday is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doc holliday Click here to Send doc holliday a Private Message Find more posts by doc holliday Add doc holliday to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Here's the rundown for every other month through the year on Frito's percentages of trees with coon(s) seen. The log shows I treed him 135 times so far this year.

March: 63%
May: 69%
July: 90%
Sept: 85%
Nov: 89%

The slump in late winter isn't a surprise to me given we were chasing breeding coons. I am a little surprised to see he peaked in July though. You can see that I don't worry about walking deep through some swamp to find him treed because the odds are very high that he will have a coon when you get there. Unless you keep the numbers you don't really know what you've got.

"No coon seen in the tree and it's counts against his percentage. Doesn't matter if it's a 200 year old den tree or a fence post."

Old Post 11-28-2010 05:26 PM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

Those are great stats. I'd be happy with them. Frito is a coon treeing machine.

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 11-28-2010 05:36 PM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

One of the numbers in Frito’s 2010 hunting log that I like is the number of coons he’s caught on the ground. For the year, it’s a total of 15. That comes out to 1 coon caught for every 10 tracks finished. Now I know he would catch a whole lot more coons on the ground if I hunted him in areas with no trees. But I don’t hunt him in those situations because I’ve never enjoyed that type of hunt. The 15 coons he caught on the ground were all back in the timber and had easy access to trees and still they were caught on the ground.

Frito is wide open from the moment he smells coon scent and makes no effort to sneak up on anything. With his track speed, he doesn’t need to keep his intentions a secret!

Old Post 12-07-2010 02:40 PM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

Rick he is born with natural drive in him... He is a freak of nature the way he hunts, a machine coon terminator. lol

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 12-07-2010 04:54 PM
kappa
UKC Forum Member

We have enjoyed following Frito's progress as a "coon dog" on this thread.

Last edited by kappa on 12-12-2010 at 12:19 AM

Old Post 12-12-2010 12:11 AM
kappa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kappa Click here to Send kappa a Private Message Find more posts by kappa Add kappa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote