UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pistols
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ridgerunner1
UKC Forum Member

Pistols

Switching to a pistol for this coming kill season used to have a ruger mark 3 with a red dot and liked it awful well..have been looking at the browning buck marks and like the feel of them better than the rugers I think anyone kno how they shoot?? Does anyone else knock coons out with a pistol if so what kind do you prefer?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-24-2017 03:27 PM
ridgerunner1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ridgerunner1 Click here to Send ridgerunner1 a Private Message Click Here to Email ridgerunner1 Find more posts by ridgerunner1 Add ridgerunner1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I carried a Buckmark (slabside) for years. Had a trigger job done on it to get me down to about 3 pounds, shoot like a rifle. I have killed quite a few jackrabbits out to 100 yards with the stock iron sights.
Recently I changed over to carrying a Ruger SR 22 with a 3.5" barrel. It weighs so little that I forget that I have it on my belt. I don't have the accuracy at distances but it is more than adequate for shooting coons out of my short trees.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-24-2017 03:42 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

You want go wrong with the Buck Mark, I've had mine for over 10 years. I shoot iron sight and its a really accurate little gun. I like to squirrel hunt with it too.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-24-2017 04:41 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ci1982
UKC Forum Member

I shoot a ruger great 8 and love it. I also like the walter P22
I put the barrel extension on it and its a accurate little gun as well.
My brother bought a buckmark last year and has nothing
but great things to say about it. I dont think you would be disappointed
with the buckmark.

Old Post 06-24-2017 05:54 PM
Ci1982 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ci1982 Click here to Send Ci1982 a Private Message Find more posts by Ci1982 Add Ci1982 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

I have the buck mark..couldn't be happier with it...

Old Post 06-24-2017 06:28 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SRF
UKC Forum Member

Lots of talk about handgun hunting lately. I like the ruger mark IV cause of a few reasons being that it's very accurate with the open sights. Also if you like you can put a scope or red dot on it. Another thing i like about this gun that's a good improvement over the mark I II and III is that it's simple to take apart. The older models were a bitch to take apart to clean but they really improved the new model. This is a great gun in my opinion and would recommend looking into it.

Old Post 06-25-2017 04:19 AM
SRF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SRF Click here to Send SRF a Private Message Click Here to Email SRF Find more posts by SRF Add SRF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wdb91
UKC Forum Member

I use a ruger sr22 it's a little on the loud side but it's extremely accurate

Old Post 06-25-2017 05:12 AM
Wdb91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wdb91 Click here to Send Wdb91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Wdb91 Find more posts by Wdb91 Add Wdb91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SRF
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wdb91
I use a ruger sr22 it's a little on the loud side but it's extremely accurate
How do you like the sr22? I have an sr9 and like it.

Old Post 06-25-2017 02:58 PM
SRF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SRF Click here to Send SRF a Private Message Click Here to Email SRF Find more posts by SRF Add SRF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I love the sights and trigger on the SR22 and as mentioned before, the weight. If you need a little more punch, a must have is the Single Nine in .22 Magnum. I use it when I am calling gray fox in the daylight. You may have seen some of this on CARNIVORE.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-25-2017 03:21 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

have carried a lot of pistols and checked out whatever anyone i hunted with was carrying. ruger single 9 been my choice for quite awhile and doubt will switch. love everything about it.

Old Post 06-26-2017 07:43 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Browning Buck Mark 22 Silhouette. Has the longer barrel but it's deadly! Has a target trigger and a red dot scope attached. It's a little on the heavy side but I have a nice shoulder holster that I carry it in.If you can get a rest, it will roll one out from the tip top of these big oaks and poplars around here. I'm all about accuracy and don't want to be setting there all night leaving spent cartridges on the ground. Good luck in locating what you want.

Old Post 06-26-2017 01:17 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JT_Gibbs
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Roberson
I love the sights and trigger on the SR22 and as mentioned before, the weight. If you need a little more punch, a must have is the Single Nine in .22 Magnum. I use it when I am calling gray fox in the daylight. You may have seen some of this on CARNIVORE.
Adios,
Gary

Speaking of Carnivore, when is it coming back?

I use a Single Six Hunter or a SW Model 17 for squirrels, I like to shoot shorts and the auto's I have had don't like shorts.

Old Post 06-26-2017 01:48 PM
JT_Gibbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JT_Gibbs Click here to Send JT_Gibbs a Private Message Click Here to Email JT_Gibbs Find more posts by JT_Gibbs Add JT_Gibbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

We will begin airing in July and air through the third and fourth quarters. Should be a great season with a two bobcat hunts with hounds while hunting with PBR Bullfighter, Shorty Gorham and a Navajo Nation Spring Bear hunt with hounds. I will air one coon hunt with hounds as well.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-26-2017 02:31 PM
qchounds
UKC Forum Member

I have a browning buckmark- used to hunt with it all the time. Only problem with a pistol is I hunt riverbottoms with HUGE trees and if it was a really tough shot It would take several rounds to knock him out. Im back to carrying the old marlin rifle with a scope. But the buckmark is a great pistol- very dependable and accurate.

Old Post 06-27-2017 03:53 PM
qchounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for qchounds Click here to Send qchounds a Private Message Click Here to Email qchounds Find more posts by qchounds Add qchounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Seen where KEL-TEC makes a 22 mag auto pistol PRM 30. Weight 16 OZ, it comes with 2 30 shot mags. Looks to me like if you had 60 rounds to start you could purchase a couple more mags. making 120 rounds, that should do the job. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 06-27-2017 04:31 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

And the Kel-Tec shoots really good.........lots of firepower!
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-27-2017 04:35 PM
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Try Smith and Wesson A1

Old Post 06-27-2017 07:29 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

S&W 617. Expensive but very accurate.

Old Post 06-27-2017 10:20 PM
Melblank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melblank Click here to Send Melblank a Private Message Find more posts by Melblank Add Melblank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote