UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > TT15 collar
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

TT15 collar

What is the difference in the bird dog on point from dog Treed?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-20-2020 01:56 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I have asked why the treed alarm took so long and if it could be shorted...with the type of dogs I hunt I need the treed alarm pretty quick...no one could answer my question...

The collar set to tree takes 1 full minute with the dog treed and stationary for the Garmin to alert treed...if the dog moves before that minute for ten seconds the time resets and starts over again and the dog must be stationary again for 1 minute for the Garmin to alert treed...when I have two dogs on a big boar it is very difficult to get enough time to alert treed...it was very frustrating to me dealing with the 1 minute alert...

Switching to on point alert solved my problem...if the dogs have one caught...usually off and on the alert trips at 15 seconds which alerts me to hurry to my dogs no matter what...the on point clears itself if the dog moves for at least ten seconds...

Finding this out by accident and then testing is going to be a game changer for me and my dogs...

Old Post 05-20-2020 03:48 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

sure do appreciate that Info especially for the dog that does not glue to the tree 100% of the time..
one female I had would kinds move around the tree just not totally stationary

Old Post 05-20-2020 02:00 PM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote