UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Fur prices Covid19
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

Fur prices Covid19

Anyone have a clue what this pandemic might do to the fur market ?? Any speculation or thoughts on the subject ??

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-14-2020 01:07 AM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mountaincur
UKC Forum Member

Not sure how they could get any worse, as far as coon prices go. They weren't worth a darn last year!

' Pr' Cash's Berning Ring Of Fire

Old Post 05-14-2020 01:12 AM
mountaincur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mountaincur Click here to Send mountaincur a Private Message Click Here to Email mountaincur Find more posts by mountaincur Add mountaincur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

I agree

Couple bucks would go a long way in my fur shed

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Old Post 05-14-2020 03:42 AM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Didn't know there was a fur trade since 1985. The last time I skinned any coon was 15 years ago and was offered 25 cents a piece for the whole lot I brought 50 hides back home and dumped them and said to myself I'll never skin another one and I have kept my word.

Old Post 05-14-2020 10:49 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

There's a fur trade?

Old Post 05-14-2020 01:34 PM
Black And Tan Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black And Tan Man Click here to Send Black And Tan Man a Private Message Click Here to Email Black And Tan Man Find more posts by Black And Tan Man Add Black And Tan Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

The last furs i put up was 5 years ago. I averaged a little over $4 . That wasn't worth my time. Haven't skun any since either.

Old Post 05-14-2020 01:59 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
t-wil69
UKC Forum Member

Yote and bobcats should still bring a fair price, everything else has hit bottom, I have over 50 yotes and 24 bobcats at fur harvesters I guess we will see come August

Old Post 05-22-2020 12:03 AM
t-wil69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for t-wil69 Click here to Send t-wil69 a Private Message Click Here to Email t-wil69 Find more posts by t-wil69 Add t-wil69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

No buyers in this part of the country... . the one that was close to me got stuck with 4000 hides when the price dropped and just a year ago sold the last to pay storage. he has retired from buying.. the other within 70 miles of here had a heart attack and quit... heard by grapevine the buyer out at Hoisington ks retired too.

was a fellow came to town from Illinois to buy.. a fellow about 3 miles from me took 31 hides to him and got $22....

Unless there is a buyer, there will be a lot more coon die from disease than hunters.

Old Post 05-22-2020 12:24 AM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Fur market

The fur market fell due to farm raised mink, when prices were high production sky rocketed and the over supply caused the bottom to fall out. Mink prices dropped below production cost and caused the prices of coons, etc to fall as well, why buy coon when mink was so cheap. Dave

Old Post 05-22-2020 01:23 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote