UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > False Papers
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TREE 'EM
UKC Forum Member

Today's hearsay is tomorrows substantiated fact.
Just check with the NSA on that one.
NUFF SAID

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-30-2013 03:26 AM
TREE 'EM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TREE 'EM Click here to Send TREE 'EM a Private Message Click Here to Email TREE 'EM Visit TREE 'EM's homepage! Find more posts by TREE 'EM Add TREE 'EM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

Re: Careful...

quote:
Originally posted by mdmorrison
...that cup is 'bout to run over....Mr. Saucer-Lips...

Mark.

mark that almost sounds like a threat.

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Old Post 07-30-2013 03:33 AM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TREE 'EM
Today's hearsay is tomorrows substantiated fact.
Just check with the NSA on that one.
NUFF SAID

Until that tomorrow gets here, still hearsay.....I wouldn't hold your breath waiting though.

Old Post 07-30-2013 03:56 AM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TREE 'EM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by McSquizzie
Until that tomorrow gets here, still hearsay.....I wouldn't hold your breath waiting though.

Are you really that naive, or just in denial?

In my 40+ years of foolin with dogs I have seen it happen way more times than can be believed by way more breeders than can be believed.

I started DNA profileing every dog that came through my place since '92 so I know exactly what I have. Of course I'm not in the dog "business", I'm just trying to breed what I want and like and don't really care about trying to impress the masses with my K-9 breeding prowess. If I think my dogs can gain something from a cross I'll try it and won't be shy about showing it. I personally know some breeders that have exactly half of my philosophy on the subject.

Im not trying to say that paper fraud is ubiquitous with all big time breeders as there are many whose ethics are above reproach, but I will say without hesitation that all registries have been complicit at one time or another about turning a blind eye to certin known offenders.

To reiterate;
Buy the dog not the papers, unless there is a long chain of DNA certificates to back the paper up.

Old Post 07-30-2013 04:39 AM
TREE 'EM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TREE 'EM Click here to Send TREE 'EM a Private Message Click Here to Email TREE 'EM Visit TREE 'EM's homepage! Find more posts by TREE 'EM Add TREE 'EM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TREE 'EM
Are you really that naive, or just in denial?

In my 40+ years of foolin with dogs I have seen it happen way more times than can be believed by way more breeders than can be believed.

I started DNA profileing every dog that came through my place since '92 so I know exactly what I have. Of course I'm not in the dog "business", I'm just trying to breed what I want and like and don't really care about trying to impress the masses with my K-9 breeding prowess. If I think my dogs can gain something from a cross I'll try it and won't be shy about showing it. I personally know some breeders that have exactly half of my philosophy on the subject.

Im not trying to say that paper fraud is ubiquitous with all big time breeders as there are many whose ethics are above reproach, but I will say without hesitation that all registries have been complicit at one time or another about turning a blind eye to certin known offenders.

To reiterate;
Buy the dog not the papers, unless there is a long chain of DNA certificates to back the paper up.

That depends, are u dense or just dumb? I am fully aware paper swapping goes on, I have been bit more than once in 25 years of fooling with hounds , beagles, and now curs. What I was saying is IF IT CAN'T BE PROVEN, QUIT BICKERING ABOUT IT. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE DOGS IN QUESTION ARE LONG DEAD. Now, is that plain enough for ya.

Last edited by McSquizzie on 07-30-2013 at 01:52 PM

Old Post 07-30-2013 01:31 PM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TREE 'EM
UKC Forum Member

There have been times that it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. However the regesteries which were informed chose to turn a blind eye to it.

And it is still going on as we speak with real live dogs.

How's that for plain.

Old Post 07-30-2013 02:24 PM
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

I am all for DNA, but continuing to bicker about a dog or dogs ancestry that have been dead for some time is pointless. As for registries bring made aware of paper swapping or falsification of papers, and doing nothing, I would not be surprised by that either. Sad what money does to ppls integrity. But once again, if nothing can be done about it , why waste time moaning and complaining.

Last edited by McSquizzie on 07-30-2013 at 02:33 PM

Old Post 07-30-2013 02:29 PM
Jeremy Gunter
UKC Forum Member

I don't see anyone (in this thread) moaning and complaining about any specific breed, breeder, or dog...just generalized conversation...it was started off with a question by myself...someone relatively new to the treedog world...who had a bad experience, and I just wanted to know how common is actually was, and still is, today, and wanted to hear others thoughts on the matter.

What happened 50+ years ago don't make hoot to me...that was a long time ago..but, it is definitely going on today, with live dogs...but I guess it boils down to if a person has the desire, and financial means, to actually put forth all the time and effort to make it publicly known through the legal process.

Myself, I'd rather spend my extra time and money on something else, like my family...but, I can not support those that do it...nor will I have my name associated with it. All a personal preference...some know about it and are happy about it, some turn a blind eye and don't care, some don't know and don't want to know, and other see it and walk the other direction.

But, a lot of my questions have been answered...thanks!

Old Post 07-30-2013 06:16 PM
Jeremy Gunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeremy Gunter Click here to Send Jeremy Gunter a Private Message Find more posts by Jeremy Gunter Add Jeremy Gunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

If the moaning and complaining bother you, why read the threads? Why post on them?

Old Post 07-31-2013 01:02 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Al Medcalf
If the moaning and complaining bother you, why read the threads? Why post on them?

Never said it bothered me, said it was pointless.

Old Post 07-31-2013 01:16 AM
orchidhunter
Banned

It has been going on since there have been registration of Cur dogs. If I am going to put false papers on a dog, it's going to be something I can get more than $200.00 a head for. My good rep is worth more than any $200.00 Cur dog puppy, not that it matters much since I have not sold but one pup in the last 25 years, and that was just about a month ago, matter of fact, I sold a fine 8 week old male pup right here in the for sale part of the forum for the sum of $1000.00, in less than 30 minutes it was sold, and yes, you can hunt on Big Sand Mtn. all year long.

Old Post 07-31-2013 01:30 AM
orchidhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for orchidhunter Find more posts by orchidhunter Add orchidhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote