UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > ??? Bottled Coon Scents ???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Wes Wilkins
UKC Forum Member

??? Bottled Coon Scents ???

I need to do some drags for my pup. I cant find any roadkill coon. Have some box traps out but coon just arent moving here right now. We just had 22" of snow and now the temps are in 20's. I was wondering what you guys opinions are on bottled coon scents. Are there any that really smell like a coon? Thanks, WES

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-02-2010 11:26 PM
Wes Wilkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Wilkins Click here to Send Wes Wilkins a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Wilkins Find more posts by Wes Wilkins Add Wes Wilkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

Re: ??? Bottled Coon Scents ???

quote:
Originally posted by Wes Wilkins
I need to do some drags for my pup. I cant find any roadkill coon. Have some box traps out but coon just arent moving here right now. We just had 22" of snow and now the temps are in 20's. I was wondering what you guys opinions are on bottled coon scents. Are there any that really smell like a coon? Thanks, WES

i used to use the stuff i got from bill boatmans ..
i salt cured a coon hide and when i thought the scent of wearing off,
i'd squirt some on the hide..
haven't see it in awhile ,somebody must have borrowed it or wife pitched it without telling me..

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 01-02-2010 11:41 PM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Evans
UKC Forum Member

Try CRONKS, thats what I use for all my pups

Old Post 01-03-2010 12:24 AM
Daniel Evans is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Evans Click here to Send Daniel Evans a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Evans Add Daniel Evans to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bludawg
UKC Forum Member

The best by far is Tuck's coon scent, made by Terry Tucker. It is so good that while i was working some pups on a drag, our 6 year old NITECH male went nuts on it too. So yes it is the real stuff!

Tucks Coon Scent
GIVE YOUR PUPS A HEAD START, START THEM WITH TUCKS COON SCENT AT 3 MO OLD.

$7 FOR 4OZ BOTTLE
$14 FOR 8 OZ BOTTLE

SEND CHECK TO TERRY TUCKER
26201 D DR SOUTH
ALBION MI 49224

Keep 'em True 'n Blue!

Jeff-n-Deb Hovious
812-585-9791
317-364-7035
[color=Blue]
Magnum Blue Kennels
NITECH "PR" Mead's Blue Moese Jet Eleven

* In memory of NITECH GRCH "PR" Hovious' Blue Jets' Turbo DNA-P #686556P
* In Memeory of "PR" NITECH Deb's Northen Blue Pokey Dot*

Old Post 01-03-2010 01:29 AM
bludawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bludawg Click here to Send bludawg a Private Message Click Here to Email bludawg Find more posts by bludawg Add bludawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

Sigma chemical company is a very big corp. They make fake scent for drugs, cadaver even apichrin ( the human feer scent). You can start your dog on these scents but a dog trained on the real thing it will not indicate on the fake stuff theer for they do know the differance.
So what I would do to see if it really has coon scent in it is put some on a cloth and take it up wind of a good hound and see if he goes nuts. If he does then use it if not keep trying to trap a coon and put a pan under it and catch the urine or put an old towl in the cage with it. You can use the urine on cotton balls or use the towel for a drag. When you get done with the towel put it in a paper bag and put it in the freezer. You can keep it fresh for years that way. While the weather is bad and they can't work much of a trail try putting the towel in the tree then take your dog down wind and walk it across wind and watch him . When you think he is smelling it turn him loose. If you can get it to catch on it will help him with lay ups.

If your dog likes you,have some one hold it whil you go hide. You can teach it a lot about tracking at a young age laying track and letting it run and tree you.
I think is is better than letting them run loose and letting them learn on possom then haveing to break them off the stuff later. Sorry board tonight, don't get to hunt.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 01-03-2010 04:12 AM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Dawg
Sigma chemical company is a very big corp. They make fake scent for drugs, cadaver even apichrin ( the human feer scent). You can start your dog on these scents but a dog trained on the real thing it will not indicate on the fake stuff theer for they do know the differance.
So what I would do to see if it really has coon scent in it is put some on a cloth and take it up wind of a good hound and see if he goes nuts. If he does then use it if not keep trying to trap a coon and put a pan under it and catch the urine or put an old towl in the cage with it. You can use the urine on cotton balls or use the towel for a drag. When you get done with the towel put it in a paper bag and put it in the freezer. You can keep it fresh for years that way. While the weather is bad and they can't work much of a trail try putting the towel in the tree then take your dog down wind and walk it across wind and watch him . When you think he is smelling it turn him loose. If you can get it to catch on it will help him with lay ups.

If your dog likes you,have some one hold it whil you go hide. You can teach it a lot about tracking at a young age laying track and letting it run and tree you.
I think is is better than letting them run loose and letting them learn on possom then haveing to break them off the stuff later. Sorry board tonight, don't get to hunt.

you been watching "where the red fern grows "again,,lol

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 01-03-2010 04:38 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamesbraden
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bludawg
The best by far is Tuck's coon scent, made by Terry Tucker. It is so good that while i was working some pups on a drag, our 6 year old NITECH male went nuts on it too. So yes it is the real stuff!

Tucks Coon Scent

$7 FOR 4OZ BOTTLE
$14 FOR 8 OZ BOTTLE

26201 D DR SOUTH
ALBION MI 49224

Does terry have a phone number I could call

Old Post 03-11-2014 12:31 AM
jamesbraden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamesbraden Click here to Send jamesbraden a Private Message Click Here to Email jamesbraden Find more posts by jamesbraden Add jamesbraden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cat13
UKC Forum Member

5174030073 is Terrys cell number its the best you can get

Old Post 03-11-2014 12:51 AM
cat13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cat13 Click here to Send cat13 a Private Message Click Here to Email cat13 Find more posts by cat13 Add cat13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova70
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by bludawg

Tucks Coon Scent

$7 FOR 4OZ BOTTLE
$14 FOR 8 OZ BOTTLE

26201 D DR SOUTH
ALBION MI 49224

how do you get this guy to call you back called several times let a message and phone number he never called back I hope his scent works better than he returns calls I will be dang if I would send him a check for scent if he cant return a call but thats jmo

Old Post 03-13-2014 01:39 AM
Nova70 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nova70 Click here to Send Nova70 a Private Message Find more posts by Nova70 Add Nova70 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

I sent a check to terry and had sent in 3 days,good guy to deal with.

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 03-13-2014 03:58 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova70
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by BawlinBlues
I sent a check to terry and had sent in 3 days,good guy to deal with.
did you use the scent yet if so was it any good if you do t want to post on here could you p m me with any info thanks

Old Post 03-13-2014 11:56 AM
Nova70 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nova70 Click here to Send Nova70 a Private Message Find more posts by Nova70 Add Nova70 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krocket
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nova70
did you use the scent yet if so was it any good if you do t want to post on here could you p m me with any info thanks
Heck ya it works the best

Old Post 03-13-2014 05:46 PM
krocket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for krocket Click here to Send krocket a Private Message Find more posts by krocket Add krocket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rance56
UKC Forum Member

defienlty tucks coon scent

Old Post 03-13-2014 06:22 PM
rance56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rance56 Click here to Send rance56 a Private Message Click Here to Email rance56 Find more posts by rance56 Add rance56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck barham
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone know if Terry still sell the Coon scent ?

Old Post 09-30-2016 08:03 PM
chuck barham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck barham Click here to Send chuck barham a Private Message Click Here to Email chuck barham Find more posts by chuck barham Add chuck barham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr taylor
UKC Forum Member

He still sells it .

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...ucks+coon+scent

I started reading this i thought it was Russia when i seen snow and cold, Then seen it was a 2010 thread .

Last edited by mr taylor on 09-30-2016 at 08:35 PM

Old Post 09-30-2016 08:31 PM
mr taylor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr taylor Click here to Send mr taylor a Private Message Find more posts by mr taylor Add mr taylor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjredbone91
UKC Forum Member

Coon scent

Is tucks coon scent still around?

Old Post 10-30-2020 02:38 PM
mjredbone91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjredbone91 Click here to Send mjredbone91 a Private Message Click Here to Email mjredbone91 Find more posts by mjredbone91 Add mjredbone91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

I heard he is hard to get him by phone. This is link to last ad on vendor page.
Have used it myself and recommend it as good stuff

Most people just send him check and it comes .

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...highlight=tucks

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...highlight=tucks

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 10-30-2020 03:17 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Yes Tucks coon scent is still available I just got confirmation from him today that he is still selling it sent my check out this morning for it hope to get it soon.

Old Post 10-31-2020 05:36 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote