UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Old garmin
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chainsaw
UKC Forum Member

Old garmin

I see alot of post about the alpha and othere new tracting equipment. I was wondering if I was the olny person that had not upgraded yet . I have nothing against any of the new stuff but my 320 still works great . I got it about 3 years ago because I lost my 220 sliding down a hill.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-24-2018 01:52 AM
chainsaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chainsaw Click here to Send chainsaw a Private Message Click Here to Email chainsaw Find more posts by chainsaw Add chainsaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Old garmin

Still got 220 from 2007,works just as good as it always has. DC 30 collars too. Very durable units kinda like energizer 👯.

Old Post 09-24-2018 02:27 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

My dog partner and I bought two Alphas and 3 TT10 collars almost 5 years ago. Still using them.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-24-2018 02:31 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roughcreekhound
UKC Forum Member

Still using my 220 my dc 30’s laid down so I broke out the old dc20 some prob never used the 20 . Gonna have to break down and up grade . I purchased my 220 with my purina points back when they first came out . Was gonna send my stock pile of points back in and try get a Cabela’s or bass pro gift card to get me an alpha but I drug around and didn’t get them in in time . I was a point horder I guess you could say ,After a long talk on the phone with purina trying to plead my case I had to eat them lol guess that’s what I get for dragging around.

Old Post 09-24-2018 03:34 AM
roughcreekhound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roughcreekhound Click here to Send roughcreekhound a Private Message Click Here to Email roughcreekhound Find more posts by roughcreekhound Add roughcreekhound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

I’m only 25 been hunting for going on 10 years picked up a second hand 220 five years ago, it does every thing I need it too why upgrade? I have gone through several dc30s but I’ve got my go to dc40. It sure beats riding around listening when the dogs get out of pocket.

Old Post 09-24-2018 03:53 AM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Yep, that old 220 changed our world forever. Only got better from there on.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-24-2018 11:31 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Lot of 320's in use. They were very good and still around. Lot of guys hunt together and when a buddy gets a new system to be compatible when what they have. Many feel they need a new system which is true when your running pack hounds together.

As far as coonhounds go. The 320 should be around a long time to come and will keep on doing a good job.

Old Post 09-24-2018 12:00 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

Re: Old garmin

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1
Still got 220 from 2007,works just as good as it always has. DC 30 collars too. Very durable units kinda like energizer 👯.

Yup...Me too

Old Post 09-24-2018 01:58 PM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

A 220 will work forever when you only use it once or twice a week. I had to get an Alpha because I wore the buttons off of my 220. If you still have a 220 then you aren't "using" it. And if your tracker doesn't have a map card then you don't know what you are missing. Going from a 220 to an Alpha with a map card is like going from a beep beep to a 220.

Old Post 09-24-2018 02:18 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

I had the old wildlife TRX-3 for years and had a hard time upgrading. I'm one of the guys that believe that, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well I finally decide a few years ago to go Garmin and picked up a 220 and a DC30 collar. I've sense picked up another collar and one of those extendible antennas. I know that system very well and it still works very well so why go through the headaches of learning a new system. My hunting friends have alpha systems and I track my hounds very well right along with them. It's kinda like dog boxes to me, an old beat up box or a new $1,000 box will both haul your dog from point A to point B but that doesn't reflect the caliber of the dog your hunting. It's all what you're willing to spend your hard earned $$$ on and how bad you need/want it. I used to track some pretty big name dogs on my little 3 channel beeper tracker while everyone was upgrading. For now I'm hanging on to my old 220, heck who knows, it may outlast me, LOL. To each their own. BTW, my old TRX-3 still works and will be a temp backup "IF" the old 220 breaks! Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Old Post 09-24-2018 02:19 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

Richard the 220 is just like a cell phone after enough use it’s muscle memory when it comes to know what buttons to press. Poor old buttons are barely there but I don’t need then labled I know that thing in and out. If I was to get an alpha it would take me a year to figure out the features.

Old Post 09-24-2018 03:50 PM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I used to drive an old VW Beetle. It got me where I wanted to go and didn't break down. But I sure wouldn't drive one today.

Old Post 09-24-2018 03:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Richard Lambert
A 220 will work forever when you only use it once or twice a week. I had to get an Alpha because I wore the buttons off of my 220. If you still have a 220 then you aren't "using" it. And if your tracker doesn't have a map card then you don't know what you are missing. Going from a 220 to an Alpha with a map card is like going from a beep beep to a 220. [/

Well excccccuuuuuuuse meeeee mr hunter man lol

Old Post 09-24-2018 08:47 PM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Well, Lotida

I got a Belgian safari Bar browning with a Zueis scope on it. Won't do anything my savage bolt with Aztec wont do.

Old Post 09-24-2018 10:09 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chainsaw
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys I thought I might be like the old guys with there flip phone.

Old Post 09-25-2018 01:08 AM
chainsaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chainsaw Click here to Send chainsaw a Private Message Click Here to Email chainsaw Find more posts by chainsaw Add chainsaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I didn't upgrade to a garman 320 until I lost my Beep Beep when it fell out the back of the truck. Now I love it.

Old Post 09-25-2018 11:53 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

For better and worse

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Yep, that old 220 changed our world forever. Only got better from there on.

I have an old 220 with DC 30 collars. Love it. Tuff unit w no issues and yes Garmin changed coonhunting forever but I also think guys (me included) dont know their dogs as good as they used to either. Lol

Still nice not to have to walk in to a tree only to see them across a flooded creek. Or saved a lot of dogs from getting where they shouldnt go by cutting them off quicker.

Old Post 09-26-2018 01:06 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote