UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Scratching Offenses 6(x)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mhasty
UKC Forum Member

Scratching Offenses 6(x)

If handler displays unsportsmanlike conduct towards any individual on club grounds or during a hunt. Unsportsmanlike conduct defined: including but not limited to; trying to stir trouble, drinking,continuously argumentative, threatening or intimidating, or any other actions that reflect negatively on the UKC or host club. Straight out of the rule book, pretty sure that sums it up.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-20-2017 09:03 PM
mhasty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhasty Click here to Send mhasty a Private Message Click Here to Email mhasty Find more posts by mhasty Add mhasty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Simple question yes or no does it give you the right to do it back to him if he does ?

Old Post 08-20-2017 09:25 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhasty
UKC Forum Member

No it sure doesn't. That's why both parties were scratched. This post was supposed to be a comment on the post by Rob Thompson but I hit the wrong button. That being said, wouldn't it be hard for any man to have someone call him an SOB and not have something to say back?

Old Post 08-20-2017 09:37 PM
mhasty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhasty Click here to Send mhasty a Private Message Click Here to Email mhasty Find more posts by mhasty Add mhasty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

My mother must have told me a hundred times, "two wrongs dont make a right".

Old Post 08-20-2017 09:37 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Both sides were wrong forget it and move on that's what I would do.

Old Post 08-20-2017 09:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It all depends on the context. Was the statement made in an intimidating or threatening manner? Was the person being "unsportsmanlike"? Or was he simply making an informative statement about his character? I wasn't there but I would guess that throwing in the SOB part would get you written up. Whereas, simply making a statement that you think someone is a cheater would not. It sounds like a person would have to have actually been there to know. UKC usually leaves these matters up to the officers of the club involved. The club will hold a hearing and everyone involved will give their version and then the club will make a decision as to whether you were unsportsmanlike or not. Not being present, you can't really expect UKC to make a ruling in such a case. Usually if both parties have been written up if they kiss and make up at the hearing then the matter is dropped and hopefully everyone learns a lesson.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 08-20-2017 at 10:05 PM

Old Post 08-20-2017 09:58 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I was not there but know that in the case I was told I would forget about it and move on probly both parties are like I have been before you wake up the next day and say why did I do that lol.

Old Post 08-20-2017 10:10 PM
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
It all depends on the context. Was the statement made in an intimidating or threatening manner? Was the person being "unsportsmanlike"? Or was he simply making an informative statement about his character? I wasn't there but I would guess that throwing in the SOB part would get you written up. Whereas, simply making a statement that you think someone is a cheater would not. It sounds like a person would have to have actually been there to know. UKC usually leaves these matters up to the officers of the club involved. The club will hold a hearing and everyone involved will give their version and then the club will make a decision as to whether you were unsportsmanlike or not. Not being present, you can't really expect UKC to make a ruling in such a case. Usually if both parties have been written up if they kiss and make up at the hearing then the matter is dropped and hopefully everyone learns a lesson.
it most certainly was a statement regarding character that I stand behind 110% cheating is cheating it doesn't matter me,you,or the man in the moon!

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:08 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
it most certainly was a statement regarding character that I stand behind 110% cheating is cheating it doesn't matter me,you,or the man in the moon!

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:08 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Robert!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Both sides were wrong forget it and move on that's what I would do.

No you wouldn't. Lol

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:18 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mhasty
No it sure doesn't. That's why both parties were scratched. This post was supposed to be a comment on the post by Rob Thompson but I hit the wrong button. That being said, wouldn't it be hard for any man to have someone call him an SOB and not have something to say back?
ya and most would leave them layed out in the woods for poking them in the face. But some of us can keep our cool.

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:18 AM
swamp1
Banned

Attempted poke in face

Would have sealed their fate,got someones keister layed to waste,resting up for awhile,taking it easy.you don't put your hands on people.

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:39 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Attemp is not what happened!lol but Jenna would have my rear if she had to post bail!lol

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:43 AM
swamp1
Banned

Understand sir!

Old Post 08-21-2017 05:12 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Robert!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
No you wouldn't. Lol

I would hug eem and sqweez eem and name eem George uhh huh !!

Old Post 08-21-2017 12:58 PM
swamp1
Banned

I would ask them to please forgive me. I forgot to take my medicine," chill pill". I hear that a lot,Lol.

Old Post 08-21-2017 05:33 PM
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

It all boils down to this we will hunt til the sun comes up no.problem.but a man put his hands on me or cusses me they will be only one walk out of the wds. I don't hunt with cheaters or liars that's the way it WD be lol

Old Post 08-22-2017 12:10 AM
S.Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.Davis Click here to Send S.Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email S.Davis Find more posts by S.Davis Add S.Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I hate to say it but back in the day that's what time outs were for you don't believe me ask some of the old timers you thought about it before you did it back then lol. There was a bunch of bad dudes down here running the hunts when I came up and they was at every hunt you learned they did not make idol threats either. Lol

Last edited by yadkintar on 08-22-2017 at 12:41 AM

Old Post 08-22-2017 12:32 AM
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

It all.boils down to this it's called being respectful if you beat me fair and square I can take a lose like ah well it happens but you show up u better have dog power and beat me with it not cheating cause u think u can get away with it lol

Old Post 08-23-2017 12:44 PM
S.Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.Davis Click here to Send S.Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email S.Davis Find more posts by S.Davis Add S.Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Sam your exzactly right I send hidden messages on here a lot if you will really read them you will see what I am saying I offend sombody then I am hitting a nerve I would not do anything to discourage anybody from coming to the hunts we don't have enough left as it is. They see two grown men arguing like tigers they won't be back that's the good thing about the hunts there will be anouther one next week. This is strait talking from ole tar when I was young I was a stinker all the accomplishments I made with my dogs you go to the hunts all those guys want to talk about is the bone headed crap I did over 35 yrs ago. What you do today you got to live with a long time I am a perfect exzample of that.

Old Post 08-23-2017 01:01 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Sam your exzactly right I send hidden messages on here a lot if you will really read them you will see what I am saying I offend sombody then I am hitting a nerve I would not do anything to discourage anybody from coming to the hunts we don't have enough left as it is. They see two grown men arguing like tigers they won't be back that's the good thing about the hunts there will be anouther one next week. This is strait talking from ole tar when I was young I was a stinker all the accomplishments I made with my dogs you go to the hunts all those guys want to talk about is the bone headed crap I did over 35 yrs ago. What you do today you got to live with a long time I am a perfect exzample of that.

Takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to ruin it. Only a couple of people will even remember who won the hunt a year from now but everyone will remember how you conducted yourself for years to come.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-23-2017 02:35 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to ruin it. Only a couple of people will even remember who won the hunt a year from now but everyone will remember how you conducted yourself for years to come.

Good Statement,
I have made statements like that several times when I am calling out casts.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 08-23-2017 03:37 PM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Its something I told a cast 7 or 8 years ago as I was withdrawing from it. I was winning the cast with no problem and no one had said a cross word to me but the other three guys were at each others throat from the second we cut loose. Its not that people want to win as much as they are just to prideful to loose or admit that another dog did a better job that night.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-23-2017 04:13 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I call that the "my dog never does anything wrong mentality". Or the "my dog is the best dog that there ever was mentality". If they get beat, then you must have cheated somehow. Or when their dog does something wrong and gets minused, they get mad at the cast instead of their dog.
Have you ever heard, "there has to be a coon there because my dog never misses. Or my personal favorite, "my dog never moves". And then there is, "my dog never babbles". Or how about, "there has to be a coon hiding somewhere higher up because my dog has never treed a possum". The sad part is they actually believe it. Some people believe that there is such a thing as a perfect dog.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 08-23-2017 at 05:18 PM

Old Post 08-23-2017 05:10 PM