UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > So you wont to buy a Polaris Ranger
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Buy a Honda and forget it. Just use it

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-19-2017 12:33 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjd
UKC Forum Member

My boy works for the city and they have kubotas,he said they are nothing but trouble
Im still using my 93 2510 kawasaki mule ,3 hole diamond deluxe or a 2 hole continental box fits in the bed

Old Post 08-22-2017 01:47 AM
mjd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjd Click here to Send mjd a Private Message Click Here to Email mjd Find more posts by mjd Add mjd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I have seen at least 5 Polaris that my friends use and they are crap...Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha...I'll take any of those...

Old Post 08-22-2017 02:28 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

I'm a big fan of Honda. I know a guy that bought a new side by side last year. It kept over heating. Didn't have a fan on it

Old Post 08-22-2017 02:35 AM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparky
UKC Forum Member

Have 900 ranger. Has 5000 of the most god awful miles possible. Haven't touched it. Needs new belt and back axels. It lives in a feedlot and pastures. Nothing harder no matter what hunting you have than cattle crap. We go to the black hills every summer with 5-6 rzrs and have taken 1 tranny out nothing else major. They shouldn't hold up to how we drive them but seem to. There is a reason you see mostly Polaris machines in the black hills. We swamp them drop the belt housing plug and blow the rest out the exhaust and roll on.

Old Post 08-22-2017 06:36 AM
Sparky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparky Click here to Send Sparky a Private Message Click Here to Email Sparky Find more posts by Sparky Add Sparky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Utv

I have been there and done this for last 20 years. Polaris is at the top for power and speed and are much improved over early models. Their new general 1000 is like sitting behind the wheel of a sports car. Honda is always at the top for dependability and less maintenance. The big difference in sales numbers is due to the fact that Honda doesn't make a sport utv to challenge the ever popular rzr.

Old Post 08-22-2017 01:39 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

On a side note, while hunting sat night I managed to strip out the rack and pinion on my ranger. No right turns made for a long ride back to the truck lol

Old Post 08-22-2017 02:45 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Blake

When I have problems I usually as far from the truck as I can get or a long way from dogs. Lol

Old Post 08-22-2017 03:25 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

I told everything that has broke on it. After the parts come in this week, I will clean it up and offer it for sell, to any of you polaris fans. $7000.00, and if you the dog box I had custom made, it will be $7500.00. And I almost forgot, it is a 2014 not a 2013.

Old Post 08-22-2017 10:16 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, isn't that the same as selling a thyroid dog? Why don't you just cull it?

Old Post 08-23-2017 01:00 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Buy a Real Mule

The four legged kind. Run for years, minimal maintenance and cheap to feed.

Old Post 08-23-2017 01:40 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

If it was legal to ride a mule/ horse where I hunt in the winter, I would never walk to a tree.Used to have severaland enjoyed them a lot. Until something changes, I'll stick to my Ranger; no problems yet.Good hunting, Jr.Steelman

Old Post 08-23-2017 02:28 AM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Re: Buy a Real Mule

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Snyder
The four legged kind. Run for years, minimal maintenance and cheap to feed.

Been there, done that. Never again. It's all great, until one night they freak out and buck you off. ( For no apparent reason). :-)

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 08-23-2017 04:20 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

i loved the 2 rangers i had when everything was working but wouldnt trade honda pioneer running now for anything. honda is top notch quality and what im staying with for now.

Old Post 08-23-2017 07:37 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, isn't that the same as selling a thyroid dog? Why don't you just cull it?

That's what I'm trying to do. (Cull it) Good think this ranger can't pass on it's genes. We would have thyroid SxS everywhere.

Old Post 08-23-2017 02:29 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

I had a ford ranger once. It was reliable and would go a lot of places

Old Post 08-23-2017 03:25 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have been bucked off by a 4 wheeler and it sure did hurt. My stepson was bucked off by a 4 wheeler and was in the hospital for 6 months.

Maybe you should run that 4 wheeler off a cliff and put it out of it's misery. Then call your insurance company and tell them that it disappeared.

Old Post 08-23-2017 03:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Think about it this way. You are paying 15 grand for a machine that gets 12mpg, that you are lucky to get 5000 trouble free miles out of.

Biggest rip off I've ever seen.

I hunt out of a Sidekick/Tracker. Way better unit

Old Post 08-23-2017 03:59 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
I hunt out of a Sidekick/Tracker. Way better unit

I've hunted out of them, they will not go where I go on my Honda Pioneer.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-23-2017 04:08 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

Where I hunt if you can't get a small truck there you can't get a side by side there

Old Post 08-23-2017 04:33 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I've hunted out of them, they will not go where I go on my Honda Pioneer.

They will get pretty close, and they won't leave you stranded as often and are cheaper to use and maintain. Plus they have a heater that isn't a $4000 option.

I've done the ranger thing, I like my Sidekick way better. Either one are better than walking

Old Post 08-23-2017 07:14 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

That Polaris Ranger goes through places I didn't think any machine could go through. That's probably why It's always in the shop.

Old Post 08-23-2017 07:18 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

I

Know there are exceptions but most places a sxs will go where a small truck or tracker can't and a 4-wheeler will go where a sxs can't. We have been through over a dozen trackers and small trucks in last 10 years.

Old Post 08-23-2017 07:23 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: I

quote:
Originally posted by blue blue
Know there are exceptions but most places a sxs will go where a small truck or tracker can't and a 4-wheeler will go where a sxs can't. We have been through over a dozen trackers and small trucks in last 10 years.
I've been riding 4 wheelers for a while and I've never seen one go where this Ranger goes. I have a 660 Grizzly with large aggressive tires and it can't follow the Ranger.

Old Post 08-23-2017 08:08 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: I

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I've been riding 4 wheelers for a while and I've never seen one go where this Ranger goes. I have a 660 Grizzly with large aggressive tires and it can't follow the Ranger.

A 660 grizzly is just a ranger with handlebars

Old Post 08-23-2017 09:26 PM