UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > est. welping date
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

est. welping date

My rescued male hound got with my cur that had never, to my knowledge, had a heat cycle. As it turns out she was in heat and my 25 cent rescued hound bred her. I don't know when it happened. I noticed a few days ago that her tits were big and her abdomen was big. So now I'm wondering when she'll whelp. Her tits are pretty big now. I had intended to never have a litter pf puppies and never paid any attention to discussions about it. So now I'm pressed into being a breeder. When should I worm her last, how late can I give her heart worm preventative, I intend to wash her kennel with bleach/water and spray the area with something to prevent/control fleas. My vet said that he would have to x ray her to find out how many and when for $60.00. Some people should never have dogs and I might be one of them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-09-2017 08:16 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

TELL UR VET YOU DONT CARE HOW MANY AND WHEN, WHEN SHE STOPS EATING SHE'LL HAVE VERY SOON, SHE SHOULD ALREADY BEEN WORMED AND SHOTS.

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 08-09-2017 08:26 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

August 24th.

Old Post 08-09-2017 09:15 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
August 24th.

Lol Bruce is that your anniversary or birthday

Old Post 08-09-2017 09:25 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thats the whelping date. I think some of the questions asked on here, deserve a more detailed answer than others.

Old Post 08-09-2017 09:46 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: est. welping date

quote:
Originally posted by croatankid
My rescued male hound got with my cur that had never, to my knowledge, had a heat cycle. As it turns out she was in heat and my 25 cent rescued hound bred her. I don't know when it happened. I noticed a few days ago that her tits were big and her abdomen was big. So now I'm wondering when she'll whelp. Her tits are pretty big now. I had intended to never have a litter pf puppies and never paid any attention to discussions about it. So now I'm pressed into being a breeder. When should I worm her last, how late can I give her heart worm preventative, I intend to wash her kennel with bleach/water and spray the area with something to prevent/control fleas. My vet said that he would have to x ray her to find out how many and when for $60.00. Some people should never have dogs and I might be one of them.

If she has dropped milk already it could be anytime. Give her a place to herself and just leave her alone. You will go out one morning in the next couple of weeks and have pups.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-09-2017 09:58 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Just keep her fed good and put her in a safe calm place. Some time thier temp. will spike 24 hr before birthing.. They will come when they come. I am not a big fan of the X rays. For $60 you will get the answer of I think their is 7 but could be 8. Good luck Be Calm and Stay the course!

Old Post 08-09-2017 11:01 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Old Post 08-09-2017 11:41 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
August 24th.

Bruce if you're right I'll buy you one.

Old Post 08-10-2017 12:03 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

average gestation is between 61 and 63 days...the first six weeks or so you will see larger tits...she will swell up rather quickly on the last 2 weeks...

when the time is close she will quit eating and might get nervous and start digging around looking for a place to whelp...keep her away from other grown dogs once the time is near...somewhere in a quiet and calm place...

you can feed her a good quality puppy food right now...

Last edited by Reuben on 08-20-2017 at 12:24 AM

Old Post 08-10-2017 03:35 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

14 more days till the pups are born.

Old Post 08-10-2017 04:10 PM
BBinkley
UKC Forum Member

pups

Bruce if you get that right he needs to give you one.

Old Post 08-10-2017 05:47 PM
BBinkley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BBinkley Click here to Send BBinkley a Private Message Find more posts by BBinkley Add BBinkley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

You sure this isn't just a false pregnancy?

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Old Post 08-10-2017 09:21 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

A false pregnancy would be great but I don't know if it is or not. I never saw her in heat, and though she's 4 yrs old, I've never seen her have a heat cycle. I never saw the two dogs together either. Her tits are big, and her abdomen is swollen. I don't know what would make her ab swell if not babies. I took her out for a walk yesterday and while she used to go out 100 yrs and need to be called back, this time she stayed near. I'm preparing for a whelping by building a whelping pen and I've increased her food and adding supplements. On the bright side, the scoundrel sire is showing hunt. I guess he's 3 or 4 years old and don't know if he's ever been in the woods. But he goes with my dogs all the way. As we road hunt he goes in every time they go and even some by himself. He's opening up pretty good too. I'm beginning to think he's a $25 dog instead of a 25 cent dog.

Old Post 08-11-2017 05:12 PM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

So now I have 8 puppies. I came in last night from hunting and she was hunting for a lizard or something in a pile of lumber and got all the other dogs charged up. I got them put away. This morning when I went out to check on her, she had delivered 4 puppies. I went back out and hour later and she had delivered another one. I came in and messed around a couple of hours and went back out and she had delivered 3 more. She never showed any outward sign that she was about to deliver. I'm sorry Bruce but since you were off by 5 days you aren't eligible for a free puppy. Some of these puppies are available if your interested but they are going fast. Is it true that unintended matings always produce the largest litters?

Old Post 08-19-2017 07:40 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

5 days early.

Old Post 08-19-2017 11:52 PM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by croatankid
So now I have 8 puppies. I came in last night from hunting and she was hunting for a lizard or something in a pile of lumber and got all the other dogs charged up. I got them put away. This morning when I went out to check on her, she had delivered 4 puppies. I went back out and hour later and she had delivered another one. I came in and messed around a couple of hours and went back out and she had delivered 3 more. She never showed any outward sign that she was about to deliver. I'm sorry Bruce but since you were off by 5 days you aren't eligible for a free puppy. Some of these puppies are available if your interested but they are going fast. Is it true that unintended matings always produce the largest litters?
and the kicker is,they produce the legends,look how bone got here.

Old Post 08-20-2017 01:06 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

The dam is a go getter of a busher bred mountain cur, the sire is showing a lot of hunt but I don't know if he's from treeing stock or maybe a fox hound. He's going with my dogs and wants more. He just doesn't know what he's doing yet.

Old Post 08-20-2017 05:34 AM
Littletown
UKC Forum Member

Croatankid, what color are the pups ? Please post photos of the pups, + sire and dam

Thanks !!

Old Post 08-20-2017 09:08 PM
Littletown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Littletown Click here to Send Littletown a Private Message Click Here to Email Littletown Find more posts by Littletown Add Littletown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I am in the market for a well bred busher x walker female pup...

Old Post 08-20-2017 09:38 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

Whelping

Not to hi jack your thread but have y'all ever heard of one getting bred through a chain link fence? Mine didn't leave the kennel but She sure looks pregnant .

Old Post 08-21-2017 01:02 AM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

you can put a bucket of fresh water in a 6 foot kennel and a dog would die of thirst trying to get to the water...but a bitch in heat in that kennel and some dogs can figure out how to get in and out...

Old Post 08-21-2017 03:30 AM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I'll post pictures later.

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:40 PM
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

I'm gonna guess the due date is August 18th for half the litter and Aug 19 for the other half....

No Name Pup #1-(GRNT Zero x GRNT Layla)
No Name Pup #2- ( GRNT Poncho x GRNT Layla)
Casey Bigelow 407-952-0714

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:48 PM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Man, you should have played the lottery. Of course, it's too late to play now and expect to win. Luck has a half life of about 1 second.

Old Post 08-22-2017 04:30 PM