UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > "River Bend" Conversation Thread
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sharris
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cclutch99
Swampbuster. I never hunted with any of those hounds except Scout, but heard many stories about them, and I'll bet you a dollar I miss this blood more than you.lol I've got a young hound here that Im hunting now that is a good hound, but every now and then he comes back and just stands there, he's not flag bred, like he got broke off something and it spooks him. The pulpwood and lead and flag hounds never came back, even if something spooked them. It was like they hated your guts and they wanted to get as far away from you as possable. Where can I get some of this old blood?

We have pups for sale off of Coon Waxer most of the time. Right now we have 1 male pup off Wax X clover female by stylish clover. This female is a full littermate to the chic's wild style dog. Pups is about a month old. Have a female out of Wax X Yadkin river female goes back to jeff top and bottom she is 4 motnhs old. We have many more bred so just let us know if you are looking a pup.

Russell Harris-252-230-9979

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2008 03:14 PM
sharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sharris Click here to Send sharris a Private Message Click Here to Email sharris Find more posts by sharris Add sharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sharris
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 08-19-2008 09:04 PM
sharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sharris Click here to Send sharris a Private Message Click Here to Email sharris Find more posts by sharris Add sharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinHendricks
UKC Forum Member

i say nitech.riverbend style is a good riverbend flag dog. his sire is clover but his mom was i do believe dble flag.

Old Post 08-20-2008 02:31 AM
KevinHendricks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KevinHendricks Click here to Send KevinHendricks a Private Message Click Here to Email KevinHendricks Find more posts by KevinHendricks Add KevinHendricks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike kammer
UKC Forum Member

me and kent hunted with kevin to night style got treed like all the river bend dogs i know

Old Post 08-20-2008 06:58 AM
mike kammer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike kammer Click here to Send mike kammer a Private Message Click Here to Email mike kammer Find more posts by mike kammer Add mike kammer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck barham
UKC Forum Member

Were is style now , I use to own part of him , he was a nice hound , one of the best tree dog's I've ever heard when he was around 3 . Waxer and style were on a few cast together back in the day.

Old Post 08-20-2008 06:04 PM
chuck barham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck barham Click here to Send chuck barham a Private Message Click Here to Email chuck barham Find more posts by chuck barham Add chuck barham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cclutch99
UKC Forum Member

getting treed is the easy part. getting the coon in the tree is the hard part. How are those pups outta style coming, Keven?

Old Post 08-20-2008 06:26 PM
cclutch99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cclutch99 Click here to Send cclutch99 a Private Message Click Here to Email cclutch99 Find more posts by cclutch99 Add cclutch99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinHendricks
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck barham
Were is style now , I use to own part of him , he was a nice hound , one of the best tree dog's I've ever heard when he was around 3 . Waxer and style were on a few cast together back in the day.

Kevin hendricks owns him now.

Old Post 08-20-2008 06:46 PM
KevinHendricks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KevinHendricks Click here to Send KevinHendricks a Private Message Click Here to Email KevinHendricks Find more posts by KevinHendricks Add KevinHendricks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cclutch99
UKC Forum Member

what are you doing with old Sue Kevin

Old Post 08-20-2008 11:37 PM
cclutch99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cclutch99 Click here to Send cclutch99 a Private Message Click Here to Email cclutch99 Find more posts by cclutch99 Add cclutch99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinHendricks
UKC Forum Member

i'm not hunting her alot cause i just got this young dog and i'm putting all my time in him.

Old Post 08-21-2008 03:33 AM
SwampBuster
UKC Forum Member

Hey Clutch

Unfortunately, we didn't do our part to keep that line of dogs around. I'm hunting a young dog which is a granddaughter to Browns Little Peg. Which was out of Image. I like her alot, but the flag blood is a ways back. I tried to breed to an old dog out of Pulpwood and Trouble a couple years ago, A.I. but she didn't take. Then the dog was stolen and that was my last connection. I do know that they collected both Pulpwood and Lead, but haven't used any of it. I dont know what there waiting for. I dont have the time that I used to. I would love something out of CoonWaxer. Later

Old Post 08-21-2008 07:01 PM
SwampBuster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SwampBuster Click here to Send SwampBuster a Private Message Find more posts by SwampBuster Add SwampBuster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cclutch99
UKC Forum Member

I know what your saying about time and getting some of those hounds around again. He keep's complaning about not haveing any good hounds to hunt and he has a good reproducing female (Ruby) and all that Pulpwood and Lead seaman and wont use any of it. I dont get it. Jim Yoder has some Flag seman and will use it now all I have to do is get a female to use it on. I'll keep you updated. Later

Old Post 08-21-2008 09:15 PM
cclutch99
UKC Forum Member

Kevin, would you like her hunted?

Old Post 08-22-2008 12:37 AM
thunderfan
UKC Forum Member

another river bend dog that ya'll fail to mention is thunder's mom littermate brother

NITECH.RIVERBEND DAN

Old Post 08-26-2008 01:36 AM
thunderfan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thunderfan Click here to Send thunderfan a Private Message Click Here to Email thunderfan Find more posts by thunderfan Add thunderfan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dburnette
UKC Forum Member

flag hounds

does any one know anything about these hounds

Old Post 08-28-2008 02:51 AM
dburnette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dburnette Click here to Send dburnette a Private Message Click Here to Email dburnette Find more posts by dburnette Add dburnette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cclutch99
UKC Forum Member

Those hounds were toward the end of the "Lead" era. Diesel and Peanut were just like their brothers, nephew's, nieses (sp),sisters, uncles and aunts. They were, get gone, track driveing, independent, but not stupid independent, hold all kind of pressure, naturally straight, hard tree hounds. You didnt have to walk them to the coon, they were'nt still running deer at five years old, they stopped that crap at about "birth". Bottom line was "they were just hard core hounds". They did'nt seem to have extremly cold nose's nor did they have hot nose's. They did'nt have many faults execpt they like to make you feel like crap the next morning. Hunting those hounds was like going to a party..."fun" When this line died out I just about stopped hunting and have since waded eyeball deep through every bloodline out there trying to find something close and still haven't, but if everything goes as planned this line might make a come back soon.

Old Post 08-31-2008 12:50 AM
cnhtr
UKC Forum Member

The dog leading the PKC Oklahoma state race, "Prairie Poacher", is a grandson of GRNT Halls Coon Cravin Ravin, a direct daughter of Pulpwood and Tiny Trouble. This line is still alive and going STRONG.

Old Post 09-23-2008 05:03 PM
cnhtr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnhtr Click here to Send cnhtr a Private Message Click Here to Email cnhtr Find more posts by cnhtr Add cnhtr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
m4rcut
Banned

I had a chance to handle a 2 year old out of COON WAXER this summer and let me tell you he is one coon treeing fool. He is 95 percent accurate and looks VERY VERY GOOD doing it. I am actually breeding 2 females of mine to this son of COON WAXER. They will be ss and performance pups. IF any one is interested please let me know. My females are bred like this . 1st female is off of Xjr and a grnt off of Hairy and 2nd female is off of Bawling Rebal. thanks

Handler of:
GRNTCH SILVERCH MTN TOP'S WAX
'09 Winter Classic overall hunt winner
'08 JR Superstakes Reserve Ch

Old Post 09-23-2008 07:00 PM
m4rcut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for m4rcut Click here to Send m4rcut a Private Message Click Here to Email m4rcut Find more posts by m4rcut Add m4rcut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
m4rcut
Banned

oh and i forget to mention this dog MTN TOPS WAX placed 2nd and the jr super stakes this past spring and is a GRNT and a silver ch at only 2 years old

Handler of:
GRNTCH SILVERCH MTN TOP'S WAX
'09 Winter Classic overall hunt winner
'08 JR Superstakes Reserve Ch

Old Post 09-23-2008 07:02 PM
m4rcut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for m4rcut Click here to Send m4rcut a Private Message Click Here to Email m4rcut Find more posts by m4rcut Add m4rcut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sharris
UKC Forum Member

btt

GCH GRNITECH COON WAXER

Old Post 11-21-2008 05:24 AM
SwampBuster
UKC Forum Member

Flag Fever

I drew a dog many moons ago at Walker Days called River Bend J.R. What a classy hound. Split all night and always had a coon. He didn't even end up winning the cast, but I have never forgotten this dog. You could just tell he was something special. I was told that he died at a young age. I guess River Bend Mahlon was a very classy hound as well. I'm glad to see that alot of flag dogs are showing back up in some of the top hounds pedigrees in the country.

Old Post 11-21-2008 07:52 PM
SwampBuster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SwampBuster Click here to Send SwampBuster a Private Message Find more posts by SwampBuster Add SwampBuster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

btt

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Coon Waxer’s Ellie
(Maul-N-Wedge Chip x Credit River Dolly)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Old Post 02-19-2009 02:27 AM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mutt
UKC Forum Member

I had the privledge to hunt with Lead, Scout, Diesel and Ranger. I would feed anyone of them today. Wish I could find one. I pleasure hunted with Scout one night and man he looked good.

Old Post 02-19-2009 03:03 AM
Mutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mutt Click here to Send Mutt a Private Message Find more posts by Mutt Add Mutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SwampBuster
UKC Forum Member

Scout

I sold Scout at 11 months old for 1500. He was an overpowering tree dog, with track speed to burn. I would love to have him back. I had alot of fun with him in a very short time.

Old Post 02-19-2009 12:14 PM
JESSE BROWN
UKC Forum Member

thunder

still looking a nice dog out of thunder anyone has any information on one for sale please pm me. thanks jesse brown

Old Post 02-19-2009 02:11 PM
JESSE BROWN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JESSE BROWN Click here to Send JESSE BROWN a Private Message Click Here to Email JESSE BROWN Find more posts by JESSE BROWN Add JESSE BROWN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JESSE BROWN
UKC Forum Member

ttt

Old Post 02-19-2009 03:38 PM
JESSE BROWN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JESSE BROWN Click here to Send JESSE BROWN a Private Message Click Here to Email JESSE BROWN Find more posts by JESSE BROWN Add JESSE BROWN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote