UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > English: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Grnitech Pr Midnight Storms Wildman Buck
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jacie
UKC Forum Member

Looks good it will make dog chores lot easier ... You plan on putting buck in some bigger hunts this year????

GRNT pkc Mr wild child uncle Joe
NTCH Rebel Ridge Fancy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-26-2016 03:50 AM
jacie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacie Click here to Send jacie a Private Message Click Here to Email jacie Find more posts by jacie Add jacie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

been tossing around the idea of entering the CHKC little world hunt the end of May.

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Old Post 04-26-2016 08:13 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Heading home from the PA State Hunt.

2016 PA State Hunt Cast Winner. 250+
GRNITECH Leon's Darkside won the other cast with 575+ and took home the hardware

Scored on three coons. Caught a bad break on the first drop, second drop we hunted a 107 acre piece and we probably covered 50-75% of it between dogs trailing and us following them. Seemed like hounds covered the majority of it and never gave off a strike. Didn't see a whole lot of feed that would hold coons... Finally towards the back end of the property the hounds split opposite directions. Buck went 0.7 to the right and the B&T went 600 to the left, and we were in the middle scratching our heads. Buck was showed treed but we could hear the B&T trailing to her tree faintly. Didn't feel right but had no choice but to walk to her tree, which she ended up getting under a coon. She did a real nice job. Not sure how long buck was treed for but when timeout was called, it took me 33mins to walk to him and I was movin! That drop killed a lot of time for no points. Went into 3rd drop with 17 mins left and took 1st strike-2nd tree as planned and scored on another coon and that ended the hunt for us.

HOME OF:

Old Post 05-22-2016 01:36 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacie
UKC Forum Member

Great job keeping him rolling !!!

NTCH Rebel Ridge Fancy

Old Post 05-23-2016 03:37 AM
jacie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacie Click here to Send jacie a Private Message Click Here to Email jacie Find more posts by jacie Add jacie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Two old posts from the Joker thread, that really stuck out to me on my buddy Buck

PKC Numbers?
Hi Randy,

Is Joker and Bobbie PKC register...if so do you have there number or copy of papers you can post/send to me.

"I have a going on 2 year old out of Joker & Bobbie that is going to be something special. I haven't put him in a hunt yet, but maybe this weekend we will take him to one. He can drive a track like none that I have ever seen, and is LOUD! I have owned some good/great ones over the last 20 years of chasing english dogs, and this young dog can hang with any of them. Ohhhh he also has an out of body expeirence on the tree, I mean this dog is bug eyed, blow the top out of it CRAZY tree dog....lol....He has been hunted by himself since I got him, and is consistly running around 80% right now. One night this week he went 7 for 9, with one slick (missed by about 3 trees) and one legit den. He is very independent, and can hold all the pressure in the world. Just for fun this week, we turned him out and as soon as he struck, they tied 2 dogs up to the bumper of the truck (rattle headed walker dogs), they chopped it out real good and Buck went in there 150 yards, treed and held for 27 minutes till he was leashed at the tree...lol. I will keep you posted on his progress, and should be Nitech real soon."
shakethevine
Eric Harter

Buck

"Guys I started hunting Buck about 2 months ago for Eric ,Buck just like any dog has a issue or two . Buck today is for real a nice little hound no matter how hard you hunt him and believe me I hunt this dog very hard in all kinds of terrain 5 to 7 days aweek and he has the potential to go far. Buck is type of dog that will be 40 yards one minute & the next minute be 500+ treed doesn't blow the country and won't pass a track ATM he probly a 85/90% dog. Buck is one of the best handling dogs I have had in my kennel for some time open kennel door and he is waiting on Houston the truck he is a no leash hound in or out of the woods. I just wanted to let some of you guys know how Buck is and is a for real a coon hound"

Eddie_Griffith

HOME OF:

Old Post 05-23-2016 09:17 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

2012 2nd place registered
2012 3rd place registered
2012 1st place registered 458 1/3+
2012 Ohio State Championship, 2nd Place NITECH 400+
2013 Wyoming Co. Houndsmen and Conservation Club, 1st place NITECH 75+
2013 Orleans Co. Houndsmen and Conservation Club TW Sectional, 1st Place NITECH, 200+
2014 Pennsylvania State Championship, NITECH Cast Winner 325+
2014 Wyoming Co. Houndsmen and Conservation Club, KING of SHOW
2015 Wyoming Co. Houndsmen and Conservation Club, 1st Place NITECH 400+
2015 Steuben Co. Coon Hunters Club, 1st Place NITECH 500+
2016 Pennsylvania State Championship, GRNITECH Cast Winner. 250+

HOME OF:

Old Post 05-23-2016 09:23 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Now we're cooking in peanut oil

HOME OF:

Old Post 05-26-2016 03:22 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

BTT

HOME OF:

Old Post 06-07-2016 06:49 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

2016 World Qualified!!!

575+, 0 minus, 0 circle

HOME OF:

Old Post 06-12-2016 09:42 AM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Jennings
2013 Orleans Co. Houndsmen and Conservation Club TW Sectional, 1st Place NITECH, 200+
2016 Orleans Co. Houndsmen and Conservation Club RQE HUNT, 2nd place overall 575+

HOME OF:

Old Post 06-13-2016 06:16 PM
jacie
UKC Forum Member

Great job keep it up !!!

NTCH Rebel Ridge Fancy

Old Post 06-15-2016 02:50 AM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

He has some of the best breeding that the English breed has to offer. If Wildman Buck can help your breeding program, just let me know. 585-993-0145

HOME OF:

Old Post 06-27-2016 05:53 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Entered for the 2016 Autumn Oaks!! Should be a great time I'm sure

Then it's off to the Zones to try our luck of getting into the Top 100

HOME OF:

Old Post 08-13-2016 03:52 AM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Last nights hunt

Getting buck ready for the Big AO Hunt

Took him across the road from my kennel. Before I cut him, he was on his hind legs winding a coon. Most of my young pups have been doing the same when I cut them in the same spot. There's a litter hanging around that area. I haven't found the den tree yet, but I'm sure it aint too far away. He went out and made a loop and treed 150 yards to my right. Was treed directly across the road from the neighbors house in the wide open with the porch light shining on us. I leashed him up and walked down the logging trail a ways.

2nd cast I cut him on the logging trail that leads to a creek. He hit the creek and opened up a few times and moved up the creek pretty quick. 250 yards later he opened again and was more open. I didn't have my topographic map in my garmin so I stayed down low in the creek because it turns into a steep ravine the farther you travel up the creek. I followed the creek and it was more evident that he was on the right side of the creek, only problem was he was 200 feet above my head. I was by myself so I was fearing he didn't climb up a leaner on top of being on such a incline.

This is me standing in the creek looking straight up at buck. You can barely see him, but his feet were on the ground so that was a relieve

About 3/4 of the way up

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 08-16-2016 at 03:40 PM

Old Post 08-16-2016 02:53 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

We will be set up at Autumn Oaks Friday and Saturday and hunting Friday Night.

2016 Orleans Co. Houndsmen and Conservation Club RQE HUNT, 2nd place overall 575+

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 08-17-2016 at 07:21 PM

Old Post 08-17-2016 07:18 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Scrap pieces sure do come in handy

With it still warm out and colder temps approaching later this fall, I wanted to get a start on buttoning up the dog houses. In the first pic, you can see a little bit of daylight shining through the gaps between the boards. Not shown in the pic but I used some scrap pieces of 2x4 studs to makeshift some studs then I lined some R-13 insulation between the studs. Then covered it with some scrap boards of OSB. On the bottom I left a gap so that if I ever raise pups in this box, they can squeeze under there and not get pinned against the wall by the mother. I originally had a rubber mat and cedar shaving chips in the box. But I cut out a square of used carpet rolled up and layed it in there. not sure if im going to keep it or not because I can only imagine that the cedar chips would be a pain to clean out being on carpet.

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 08-27-2016 at 01:59 PM

Old Post 08-27-2016 01:49 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Wash Day the other day

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 08-27-2016 at 02:15 PM

Old Post 08-27-2016 02:12 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

8/29/2016

This ravine or the coon needs to go. Starting to be a routine run going up this sucker.

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 08-30-2016 at 04:11 PM

Old Post 08-30-2016 03:58 PM
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Good luck at Autumn Oaks Nick.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 08-30-2016 06:58 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Nick

Hey good luck hope it cools down for ya hang in there at Oaks!! When you get home we will get some hunts in.

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 08-30-2016 09:28 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Trevor, same to you. if I don't see you at AO, i'll be seeing you at Meadville Zone.

Thanks Doug. We'll have to get together again and see if we can tree a few. 16th and 17th we'll be at Meadville, PA zone then hopefully the following weekend at the granddaddy. haha So i'll be hunting him right along after this weekend.

It's been a strange month for sure. Never seen Buck hunt the way he has before. Not sure if it's from the drought or from him being hunted heavy. He's been getting in some strange territory coming up treed. I've had to drive to him more than walk to him. Hopefully at Oaks he keeps the same attitude going and gets off to himself a few times and has eyes looking down.

We'll be loading up tonight and hitting the road around midnight. Should arrive in the early AM just in time for a hot breakfast and a long nap

HOME OF:

Old Post 09-01-2016 07:22 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Had a great time at Autumn Oaks

For never being there before, it was quite the experience. We had a nice setup for our campsite and it felt great to get away for a few days. Feels like I walked two days straight. Always something new to go look at, or somebody new passing by to shoot the breeze with. A lot of down to earth people we met. The experience was worth the trip even if we didn't hunt. Didn't have a good draw for our Friday night cast. Buck hunted as good as he could have, coons just weren't moving. On our way home we stopped in Lima, Ohio at Max's Trade and Water Days and watched the water races . Those greyhound mutts sure can swim!

Now it's time to recoop and get ready for the zones.

HOME OF:

Old Post 09-06-2016 03:53 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Couple more days till the Zones.

Took Buck and Crack's picture after last nights hunt. First drop treed halfway up the same ravine across the road from the kennel. Had the coon plain as day sleeping out on a limb. This coon sure loves giving us a chase up those steep hills. Always treed somewhere up either side of the ravine. No pictures this time.

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 09-12-2016 at 01:58 PM

Old Post 09-12-2016 01:49 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

2016 Wyoming Co. Houndsmen and Conservation Club, KING of SHOW

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 09-14-2016 at 03:04 PM

Old Post 09-14-2016 02:50 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Close but no cigar for advancing

Wildman Buck had plus points this past weekend at the PA Zone, with a Cast Win Saturday Night. He really pulled through for me.

Started out really rough. area we hunted was entirely washed out. 8minutes caught Buck on his second strike position starting out. Then 225 circle on the edge of a cornfield. Then 3rd and 3rd plus on a hot coon...32mins left in the hunt he was sitting at 25+, with a nice Walker female leading at 150+. Buck struck for 75 and split deep off to the right and had two kits up a apple tree. Walker female and a blue male sitting at 125+ went left handed and treed as we were walking into Bucks tree. With buck leash locked we walked to the female walkers and blue males tree, couldn't find the coon in a big hemlock. That tree was a make or break it for me, as well as the walkers/blues tree. One of them would have walked away with the cast win if we spotted that coon. We circled the hemlock and Wildman Buck took the CW with 225+.

HOME OF:

Old Post 09-18-2016 07:22 PM