UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Hard Going, Overly Independent, Big mouth?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Diamond E Farms
Banned

Hard Going, Overly Independent, Big mouth?

What lines of red dogs are known for being really hard going, by that i mean over 1/2 regularly in thin coon......

What lines are known for being overly independent??

What lines are known for big mouths??

Can anyone name a few known dogs that were Bawl mouth treedogs???

Ive been out of the redbone breed for a while, just doing a little checking around, thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-29-2020 11:17 AM
Diamond E Farms is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond E Farms Click here to Send Diamond E Farms a Private Message Find more posts by Diamond E Farms Add Diamond E Farms to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Lash
UKC Forum Member

drive

As far as I'm concerned Fireball put exceptional drive into that line, My old Rowdy was Fireball / Timber Jack bred would get in there deep and so did his offspring, he also was a bawl mouth tree dog. He was a young mans dog here in the hills.

Old Post 12-29-2020 10:01 PM
Bill Lash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Lash Click here to Send Bill Lash a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Lash Find more posts by Bill Lash Add Bill Lash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diamond E Farms
Banned

thank you sir for that input!

Old Post 12-30-2020 02:45 AM
Diamond E Farms is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond E Farms Click here to Send Diamond E Farms a Private Message Find more posts by Diamond E Farms Add Diamond E Farms to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

HICKS'S DUAL GR RUSTY- HOFFMIESTER BLOOD, CALL LEONARD AT 1 918 752 7560

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 12-30-2020 02:10 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diamond E Farms
Banned

Leonard I just talked to you on sunday and you had nothing for sale that was hunted at all?? Did you get one trained between then and now??

Old Post 12-31-2020 05:07 PM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Diamond E Farms
Leonard I just talked to you on sunday and you had nothing for sale that was hunted at all?? Did you get one trained between then and now??

IM NOT LEONARD, IM DON HICKS I JUST SUGGESTED YOU CALL LEONARD ABOUT WHAT TYPE DOGS RUSTY THROWS , THEY GO ,THEY ARE LOUD, AND ARE INDEPENDENT, I WASNT SAYING HE HAD ANY FOR SALE READY TO GO, SORRY IF I CONFUSED YOU

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
MADE-EM SEE RED

Last edited by oklared on 01-01-2021 at 03:40 PM

Old Post 01-01-2021 03:38 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diamond E Farms
Banned

Yea i thought you were Leonard. Both of yall have user names with OK something in it...lol

Old Post 01-01-2021 03:49 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: drive

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Lash
As far as I'm concerned Fireball put exceptional drive into that line, My old Rowdy was Fireball / Timber Jack bred would get in there deep and so did his offspring, he also was a bawl mouth tree dog. He was a young mans dog here in the hills.

For sure. I started with an independent Fireball female but then bred her to Twister #1 producing son of Fireball. He produced independence too. That whole litter were by themselves most of the time and had hunt to spare. Lost half the litter to running off and owners not having tracking systems to find them and losing them. Then bred a female from that to Rocky #2 producing son of Fireball. Picked up a huge loud mouth and winding ability from that while keeping independence.
That same basic blood with the only real addition of Sawblade Fiddle has kept me in this kind of hound for about 20 years now every since putting that all together. But all mine are bawl chop on the ground. Screaming locate and steady chop on the tree.
Got a grandson of Rowdy here now that carries many of these same traits.
I know Jeff Young had a Quad Grand male out of Rocky and Fiddle that was also that way and a bawl mouth tree dog.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 01-04-2021 at 05:58 AM

Old Post 01-04-2021 05:54 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diamond E Farms
Banned

As odd as it may be I actually prefer a bawl mouth treedog!

Old Post 01-04-2021 11:27 AM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

RUSTY ALSO HAS BEEN BRED TO DONNIE STOCKTON'S CAT AND BEAR DOGS THESE PUPS WILL RUN HARD ON EITHER

4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 01-04-2021 06:46 PM