UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Hounds Killed by Wolves
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

YEA IT IS TERRIBLE THAT WE AS CITIZENS HAVE NO RIGHTS OVER A WORTHLESS BEAST THAT WILL KILL OUR DOGS.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2010 07:41 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat

Sorry

for your loss. I have no use for wolves either. My friends have lost dogs to wolves here in Wisconsin also. Theres a reason they were exterminated once. Hope this doesnt happen to you again. A game caller with a wounded coyote pup works also.

Last edited by on 08-30-2010 at 09:14 PM

Old Post 08-30-2010 02:58 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

KEEP THIS THREAD ON EVERYONES MIND.

Old Post 09-08-2010 05:25 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

NW MN. UKC hunt 9-18-10. Night Ch cast. Nt. CH. hound killed by wolves another torn up but will be okay. Hunters stalked all the way back to trucks. We need a MN Timberwolf hunting season with no bag limit.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 09-19-2010 07:59 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Susie
UKC Forum Member

You got that right Bob~ What a horrible night!!!

Old Post 09-19-2010 09:45 PM
Susie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Susie Click here to Send Susie a Private Message Click Here to Email Susie Find more posts by Susie Add Susie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

YOU GUYS NEED TO PUSH FOR A HUNT UP THAT WAY. THIN THOSE **** THINGS DOWN. ESPECIALLY BEFORE THEY MIGRATE FURTHER SOUTH.

Old Post 09-20-2010 09:43 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Fed government is pushing for MN, Wi, MI ability to control their wolf populations again. Here in MN. the state was given control a few years ago, but animal rights groups went to court and got a Fed. judge to block the order. Fed. gov. is trying again and there will be meeting with citizens to get their views. If you hear of one in your area please attend and be heard as I'm sure the other side will be there.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 09-20-2010 10:22 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

there's a web site www.regulations.gov and then in the search box type in [FWS-R3-ES-2010-0062] it's a place to post comment on delisting the wolfs

COONHOUND THREADS HAVE A COONHOUND KILLED BY WOLVES AT A UKC HUNT OVER PAST WEEKEND.

Old Post 09-21-2010 10:14 PM
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

Re: this is what a wolf does to a dog

quote:
Originally posted by josh tetting
This was dave Samuels dog you guys may know him may have seen these pics already.

its a **** shame that these animals our running around eating our deer killing our friends they should be eraticated or in a zoo
whare they belong...

Old Post 09-22-2010 11:26 AM
mncoonhuntngrl
UKC Forum Member

IF any of you would like to help get the wolf delisted please check the coon hound board under the hound killed by wolves post there is alot of info and contacts and if you know of more people or groups that may help post it on there im working on following up every lead you guys give me. I may be a little slow but ill get there.

Old Post 09-24-2010 04:45 AM
mncoonhuntngrl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mncoonhuntngrl Click here to Send mncoonhuntngrl a Private Message Find more posts by mncoonhuntngrl Add mncoonhuntngrl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdogs_88
UKC Forum Member

A weird story

My cousin has a female walker. I know for a fact that she is not trashy. We live in missouri, and mainly all we have here are coyotes. About a month ago she got tore up pretty bad. We had to spend some time dressing wounds that night. We just figured that it was some **** eater running loose. Now I am not so sure. I know that it isn't wolves, because we don't have wolves around here. But whatever it was it did some damage.

Old Post 09-24-2010 06:13 AM
walkerdogs_88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdogs_88 Click here to Send walkerdogs_88 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerdogs_88 Find more posts by walkerdogs_88 Add walkerdogs_88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

JUST KEEPING IT ON EVERYONES MIND.

Old Post 10-03-2010 04:29 PM
Redbone Crazy
UKC Forum Member

Wolves = Government Sponsered Terrorists

Keep the hounds on the trails...

Old Post 10-04-2010 02:15 AM
Redbone Crazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redbone Crazy Click here to Send Redbone Crazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Redbone Crazy Visit Redbone Crazy's homepage! Find more posts by Redbone Crazy Add Redbone Crazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick matley
New UKC Forum Member

Just lost a good dog to a wolf in Michigan last Saturday. The only thing left of the dog was her head and two front legs still attached. Everything was gone. No legs bones, spine....etc. Only blood on the trunks of the trees.

Old Post 10-11-2010 10:15 PM
rick matley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick matley Click here to Send rick matley a Private Message Click Here to Email rick matley Find more posts by rick matley Add rick matley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dragonlady9947
New UKC Forum Member

This is so sad. I can't imagine being a big game hunter and actually meeting up with wild animals that attack dogs. How rude. Don't those wolves know better? Didn't they read the wolf rule book?

It is okay to corner an animal up a tree and kill it when it can't defend itself but if a wolf gets your dog, the wolf is 'nasty'?

Old Post 10-12-2010 09:07 PM
dragonlady9947 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dragonlady9947 Find more posts by dragonlady9947 Add dragonlady9947 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M.R.
New UKC Forum Member

Dragonlady, I would bet that more bears are let go than are shot. I think you are a little misinformed about the sport or have false preconceptions about what happens on a bear hunt with dogs. We don't hunt bears with dogs just to kill them.

Old Post 10-12-2010 09:35 PM
M.R. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M.R. Click here to Send M.R. a Private Message Find more posts by M.R. Add M.R. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dragonlady9947
This is so sad. I can't imagine being a big game hunter and actually meeting up with wild animals that attack dogs. How rude. Don't those wolves know better? Didn't they read the wolf rule book?

It is okay to corner an animal up a tree and kill it when it can't defend itself but if a wolf gets your dog, the wolf is 'nasty'?

YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE!!!!!!!!!! SURE YOUR NAME IS NOT MEGAN?

Old Post 10-13-2010 12:13 AM
rick matley
New UKC Forum Member

No Problem Dragonlady with your position on the topic. I understand that you do not understand what a wolf actually is. I do not hold that against you either. If you study up on the wolf you will be able to better understand this issue. Bears also kill hounds every year and we live with that. Read up on the wolf and get back with me if you want. Thank you for your input.

Old Post 10-13-2010 02:52 AM
rick matley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick matley Click here to Send rick matley a Private Message Click Here to Email rick matley Find more posts by rick matley Add rick matley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Iceman197
New UKC Forum Member

I posted on this thread earlier this year about our dogs getting hit by the wolves last summer, here are the pictures of our big male... Dogs had a bear treed real close to the road, 40 yards from the road maybe, but in a nasty swamp. On the way into the tree the dogs started to squall, thought maybe the bear backed out so dad started to run to the tree, got there and the wolves were rippin' the dogs off the tree. Chewed up 4 of the 5 dogs, this male got it the worst but the whole thing happened in no more than a minute... Pictures don't do this dog justice, chewed completely from head to tail. Underneath, in is scrotum, everywhere! The vet shaved him in the areas where they could treat more than 3 holes at a time. Every blemish is another hole, these pictures were taken 5 days after the event so most of the holes are closed up already. The vet had him in an induced coma for 2 days pumping him back full of fluids since he lost so much blood. Another 30 seconds and he would have been dead, they had him pinned down. This male isn't a little dog either, when he is hard and in great shape he's a 75lbs dog. If you think you are ever going to fend a wolf off if it turns on you, you are mistaken. They are too big, too fast and too many teeth. Lets just hope these wolvs stay away from any child playing in their yard!

Last edited by Iceman197 on 10-13-2010 at 07:12 AM

Old Post 10-13-2010 07:09 AM
Iceman197 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Iceman197 Click here to Send Iceman197 a Private Message Click Here to Email Iceman197 Find more posts by Iceman197 Add Iceman197 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

HOPE YOUR DOGS ARE ALL RIGHT. YOU ARE ALSO RIGHT, THAT NO CHILD OR EVEN AN ADULT HAS A CHANCE WITH THESE LAND SHARKS.

YOU NEED TO POST THIS PICTURE ON COONHOUND PAGE THREAD ABOUT WOLVES KILLING HOUND IN NIGHT HUNT.

Old Post 10-13-2010 07:41 PM
dpetty
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dragonlady9947

Well I don't think we would mind if they allowed us to pursue wolves with dogs or population control. If I understand you correctly that would be OK. Notice I didn't use a cover name. Before you think I am some ignorant hunter I have a MA in ED. Leadership. When dangerous animals are allowed free reign they no longer have a natural fear of humans. It is all good until your child or or someone else looses a child to wolves or even an adult. It is just a matter of time. If a coyote can kill children and there have been more and more problems with this you can bet wolves will be next.

Old Post 10-15-2010 05:24 PM
dpetty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dpetty Click here to Send dpetty a Private Message Click Here to Email dpetty Find more posts by dpetty Add dpetty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dpetty
Well I don't think we would mind if they allowed us to pursue wolves with dogs or population control. If I understand you correctly that would be OK. Notice I didn't use a cover name. Before you think I am some ignorant hunter I have a MA in ED. Leadership. When dangerous animals are allowed free reign they no longer have a natural fear of humans. It is all good until your child or or someone else looses a child to wolves or even an adult. It is just a matter of time. If a coyote can kill children and there have been more and more problems with this you can bet wolves will be next.
YOU HAVE GOT THAT RIGHT. WELL SAID!!!!

Old Post 10-15-2010 05:29 PM
luckyLbrdgs
New UKC Forum Member

wolves

I think they should put dragonlady and all her anti buddys out with the wolves without protection and see how long it takes to change their minds, the game and fish here in az has reintroduced the mexican grey wolf here , they keep getting hit by cars ,if you know what
i mean

Old Post 10-22-2010 05:54 PM
luckyLbrdgs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for luckyLbrdgs Click here to Send luckyLbrdgs a Private Message Find more posts by luckyLbrdgs Add luckyLbrdgs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wiblue
New UKC Forum Member

winter WI

I can remember 12 years ago when I started hunting with my group. They had kids around 5 they would run in and do a lot of the baits. Now I have the young kids and they stay just about in arms reach. We got a problem.

Old Post 10-27-2010 01:51 AM
wiblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wiblue Click here to Send wiblue a Private Message Find more posts by wiblue Add wiblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrossbreedCur
UKC Forum Member

I keep seein people taking the side of the wolf on this thread..... i would like to point out something if i may. someone said they have a purpose and are just doin what god put them here to do? that may be true, but, their job is to cull the weak and old from the deer, elk, antalope, bison, whatever herds....... that was all well and good 200 years ago when much of the country in question was sparsley populated. Now we have this thing called QDM or Quality Deer Management. Where HUNTERS effectivly cull herds. What does this equal?????? The wolf no longer has a place in the food chain. Humans have taken over their jobs. plus the wolves that are around now are having a harder time catching their prey because the herds are much healthier due to the management done by people, thus the wolf may be forced to take down and consume WHATEVER it can catch......... Dogs, livestock, cats, kids, elderly people....... I say kill them all, they have outlived their usefullness.

"PR" Thunderheart Crickett
"PR" Thunderheart Waylen
Weems and Crockett Bred Plotts

Old Post 10-30-2010 11:25 PM
CrossbreedCur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CrossbreedCur Click here to Send CrossbreedCur a Private Message Click Here to Email CrossbreedCur Visit CrossbreedCur's homepage! Find more posts by CrossbreedCur Add CrossbreedCur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote