UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > I Need Some Opinions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Riverbottom Ron
UKC Forum Member

I Need Some Opinions

IM FIXIN TO BUY A NEW 2015 KAWASAKI 610 4X4 SIDE BY SIDE WITH A 4500PD WAREN WENCH ,ROOF WINDSHIELD ,BACK WINDOW AND A SNOW PLOW WITH A $550.00 REBATE FOR $9200.00 makin it $8700.00 FOR COONHUNTIN ..THE POLARIS RANGER 570 IS $3000 HIGHER IN PRICE WITH NOTHIN ON IT LET ME KNOW WHAT YA THINK ABOUT THE KAWASAKI HAVE A BLESSED ONE ,,,RON

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD GAVE US FRIENDS AND COONHOUNDS, " I AM A GREATLY BLESSED",HIGHLY FAVORED" " IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD "KEEP YOUR {FAITH IN GOD } FAITH SEES THE INVISIBLE,BELIEVES THE INCREDIBLE,AND RECIEVES THE IMPOSSIBLE. WERE BLESSED !!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2015 03:54 AM
Riverbottom Ron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverbottom Ron Click here to Send Riverbottom Ron a Private Message Find more posts by Riverbottom Ron Add Riverbottom Ron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boom's Hellrazr
UKC Forum Member

My uncle has the kawasaki and loves it. He uses for farming hunting and trail riding. That would be my pick out of the 2.

Old Post 03-04-2015 04:06 AM
Boom's Hellrazr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boom's Hellrazr Click here to Send Boom's Hellrazr a Private Message Click Here to Email Boom's Hellrazr Find more posts by Boom's Hellrazr Add Boom's Hellrazr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

I'd still go with the Ranger IMO. Nothing wrong with Mule, I've been on both and just liked the Ranger better. Had more power, rode nicer, did 55-60mph, a lot better off road. The Mule I've used was more of a farm use rig than off-road warrior. I've heard the newer ones are a lot better than the older ones. Think the one I've been on was a 2004.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Last edited by Slowpoke 2012 on 03-04-2015 at 04:22 AM

Old Post 03-04-2015 04:18 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skidiver
UKC Forum Member

Look at the warranty on each. Don't know much technical stuff about either but I see a lot more Rangers in hunting situations especially out West and in Canada. Probably won't make much difference if you are just riding on farm rds..

Old Post 03-04-2015 01:41 PM
skidiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skidiver Click here to Send skidiver a Private Message Find more posts by skidiver Add skidiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

Ron, with you being an old man like myself, I suspect you're not going to be running up and down roads and trails like a wild man. Companies today don't make many poor quality vehicles. I would buy the mule and save myself the 3,000.00 dollars. With the extras you're getting on the Mule it's really more than 3,000.00 difference.

Old Post 03-04-2015 02:41 PM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

We have around 20 side x side 4 seaters at my club and the majority are rangers. Most have aftermarket lifts , wheels, tires, lights , the whole nine yards. We put them to the test! With that being said, something is always broke! Two guys have the Hondas and they are the only ones that never have problems. I'm not a fan of the Hondas looks but they sure can handle the abuse.

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP
(CH GRNT CH HOLDINGS ROCKET FUEL X GR NT CH JUNIORS DARK HOLLOW DAISY)

NT CH JANE'S BOY
(GR NT CH BTTB BLACKHAWK X GR NT CH GI JANE)

Old Post 03-04-2015 03:21 PM
BLACKNTANS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLACKNTANS Click here to Send BLACKNTANS a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKNTANS Add BLACKNTANS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Vance
UKC Forum Member

I have a Polaris ranger 900 side x side and have had nothing but problems after 400 miles all bearings had to be replaced. Also heat coming from motor has been a big issue. My power steering recently messed up on my Polaris $1700 to fix it. Also the warranty Polaris gives you has a lot of fine print. I would go with the teryx or the Yamaha Viking both are excellent machines. I'm only two miles from the Hatfield Mccoy trails in West Virginia and everyone that has the teryx the only maintenance they have to do is change oil. Jmo

GR NT CH GR CH RAINEY BRAKE DRIFTER
GR NT CH CH VANCES SCREAMING EAGLE
GR NT CH BAD COMPANY RIDIN SOLO
NT CH VANCES LAYEM UP DRIFTER II
NT CH BLAINE LAST CHANCE

" ITS ALL ABOUT QUALITY "

304-809-6698

Old Post 03-04-2015 03:31 PM
Blaine Vance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Vance Click here to Send Blaine Vance a Private Message Visit Blaine Vance's homepage! Find more posts by Blaine Vance Add Blaine Vance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Only BLK&TANS
UKC Forum Member

years and years experience

Ron, I have had every make. I have had a lot of models. I have ridden most everything under the sun in both the atv and utv world. No sugar coating about it, if you want to learn how to turn wrenches and be a top notch mechanic buy a Polaris. Many many experiences between myself and countless people in the past. If you buy a Polaris, you will be working on it soon and often.

!~ONLY BLACK AND TANS WILL DO~!

Old Post 03-04-2015 11:41 PM
Only BLK&TANS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Only BLK&TANS Click here to Send Only BLK&TANS a Private Message Click Here to Email Only BLK&TANS Find more posts by Only BLK&TANS Add Only BLK&TANS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rfreeman
UKC Forum Member

Dang Mr Ron

Sure can't hide money!!!😉
I hunt out of an economy model '87 samurai!

Old Post 03-05-2015 12:04 AM
rfreeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rfreeman Click here to Send rfreeman a Private Message Click Here to Email rfreeman Find more posts by rfreeman Add rfreeman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GB1954
UKC Forum Member

mr Ron

Ron my cousin has had two of the Rangers and nothing but problems and the warranty is next to nothing. I had a mule for years and had no problems what so ever.I have used the Kubota RTV for 5yrs now and HAVENT had no problems. The Rangers ride and run faster but personally I wouldn't own one.

Old Post 03-05-2015 04:05 AM
GB1954 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GB1954 Click here to Send GB1954 a Private Message Click Here to Email GB1954 Find more posts by GB1954 Add GB1954 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrew Jones
UKC Forum Member

I used to work at a fourwheeler shop. I could not tell you how many Polaris's we worked on. But I don't blame Polaris. If you were selling something worthless and people kept on buying them and buying parts also, would you fix it?

Id say go with the mule. Maybe even Yamaha's version

GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Tree Slammin Magnum(Grnitech Tree Slammin Hammer x Grnitech Grch Black Creek Slamin Lucy HTX)
~2016 PKC Winter Classic Cast Winner

Old Post 03-05-2015 04:40 AM
Andrew Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrew Jones Click here to Send Andrew Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Andrew Jones Find more posts by Andrew Jones Add Andrew Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

had 2 polaris mid sized rangers. recently got a honda pioneeer 700.

few years ago looked at mule 610 and liked everything but to slow for me. if speed not an issue I would go with that, cant beat price even though they are all over priced.

the guys talking about non stop wrenching on rangers know what their talking about.

Old Post 03-05-2015 12:43 PM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Ron

I am like GB1954 we have 5 Kubota RTV on the farm and have had verry little trouble almost none as a matter of fact. They are diesel and slower than most BUT the up keep says it all. And when they are used by who ever with no supervision that says it all for me U just about can't tare one up. I hope this helps as much as the horn U sent me did. Have a good day H L Meyer

Old Post 03-05-2015 03:42 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bryon mcelhaney
UKC Forum Member

Ron,I bought a 570 Polaris ranger.I love it,I would spend the extra$$$.I checked them all out in process.I have went all over these mountains in 2wd and has plenty of power.

Rockwood Tn (865)617-2399

GRCH GRNTCH Black Creek Slamin Lucy HTX
CH NTCH Black Creek Bodacious Blk Bart

Old Post 03-07-2015 05:14 AM
bryon mcelhaney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bryon mcelhaney Click here to Send bryon mcelhaney a Private Message Click Here to Email bryon mcelhaney Find more posts by bryon mcelhaney Add bryon mcelhaney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WORMY#1
UKC Forum Member

Ive got a 660 Yamaha rhino, ive got buddys, who have rangers,razors,mules, etc. An in the woods i would not trade mine for any of em.

Old Post 03-07-2015 10:07 PM
WORMY#1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WORMY#1 Click here to Send WORMY#1 a Private Message Click Here to Email WORMY#1 Find more posts by WORMY#1 Add WORMY#1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote