UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > stud fees
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

stud fees

if i had a stud dog and one of the best bitches in the country wanted to breed to my poltlicker, i would not charge a dime!
some people crack me up!
to each his own i guess

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP
(CH GRNT CH HOLDINGS ROCKET FUEL X GR NT CH JUNIORS DARK HOLLOW DAISY)

NT CH JANE'S BOY
(GR NT CH BTTB BLACKHAWK X GR NT CH GI JANE)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-02-2015 09:56 PM
BLACKNTANS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLACKNTANS Click here to Send BLACKNTANS a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKNTANS Add BLACKNTANS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coble black tan
UKC Forum Member

Matt I hear ya on that..

Damon Coble

FIND US ON FACEBOOK Coble and Stocking kennel.

" PKC CH GR NT CH COBLE AND STOCKING TROUBADOUR"

Pkc Gold ch pr Gr by ch Coble and Stockings stylish swamp rat Poison

Pkc Silver CH Nite ch Coble n Stockings Poison Sumac

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN...

"PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE INDIANA BLACK SPIKE"

"PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE INDIANA BLACK JACK"

"PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE INDIANA BLK QUEEN" half owner with Jeremiah Melin

Old Post 03-02-2015 10:11 PM
Coble black tan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coble black tan Click here to Send Coble black tan a Private Message Find more posts by Coble black tan Add Coble black tan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Tolliver
UKC Forum Member

I know what you mean, Matt.
Some females earned their privilages
And other's are a work in progress! And some are just
a good dog.
We have given Free stud to several females.
And advertized Free stud a few months.
It's not favortizm, it's called roll out the Red Carpet
to a great cross where both stud and female
Are contributing to better the Black and Tan breed.
In good patronizing way.

Ph. 740- 710- 6435

Home of:
'PR'Party Time Ann.

GrNiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Black Oak Ace, - Some of the Greatest Memories.

Past Home of:
GrNiteCh,'PR'Smokey 7
GrNiteCh,'PR'Roberts Dix River Party Girl
NiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Party Queen
NiteCh,'PR'Kansas Smokin Lizzy
NiteCh,'PR'Late Nite Banker
NiteCh,'PR'Uptown Extreme Shooter
NiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Boaz

Old Post 03-02-2015 10:23 PM
James Tolliver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Tolliver Click here to Send James Tolliver a Private Message Click Here to Email James Tolliver Find more posts by James Tolliver Add James Tolliver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nick miller
UKC Forum Member

Ill go a step farther matt, my dog bred around 12 females in his life and I remember taking a stud fee on one of them and that's cause reese forced me to.

That being said,, after seeing the pups he threw I'm sure glad I didn't charge!!!!!!!! Lmfao

no doubt Im on the same line of thinking that you are

Old Post 03-03-2015 12:22 AM
nick miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nick miller Click here to Send nick miller a Private Message Click Here to Email nick miller Find more posts by nick miller Add nick miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Matt

What you got in mind?

Nick, look at scoobys percentage. It's as good as most studs out there.

Old Post 03-03-2015 12:48 AM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rweller
UKC Forum Member

Re: stud fees

quote:
Originally posted by BLACKNTANS
if i had a stud dog and one of the best bitches in the country wanted to breed to my poltlicker, i would not charge a dime!
some people crack me up!
to each his own i guess

The last time I bred it cost me $300.00. But then again she's not on the reproducers list and probably won't be any time soon. But I think she's pretty fair female and reproducing decent. Just wish more of her pups went to Comp. hunters.

GR.Nt.Ch. Pr Black Magic Queen
Past home of Gr.Nt.Ch. Splitters Magic Otis 2014 Black and Tan Days King of Hunt. GRNITECH'PR' Roughton's Black Splitter X Gr.Nt.Ch. Black Magic Queen

Last edited by rweller on 03-03-2015 at 05:11 AM

Old Post 03-03-2015 05:02 AM
rweller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rweller Click here to Send rweller a Private Message Click Here to Email rweller Find more posts by rweller Add rweller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

It's gets even more interesting when you were friends with the guy and afterwards he tells you that he needs $200 cash and not a check. At first I thought, cash for what? Notice I said we "were" friends. Not so much after that. To top it all off that female reproduced well but not that litter.

Old Post 03-03-2015 12:15 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

I understand there are fees that the stud owners have to pay. I don't mind paying a stud fee ($200-300) but to charge much over that is Ludacris in our breed.

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP

NT CH JANE'S BOY

Old Post 03-03-2015 04:12 PM
BLACKNTANS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLACKNTANS Click here to Send BLACKNTANS a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKNTANS Add BLACKNTANS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

I usually just took a pup and sold. It. I dont blame anybody for taking a stud fee though. It takes time away frim your family scheduling ur time to meet people. You tell em. Im gonna be out hunting till way up in the morning , so please dont show up early.They pull in your driveway at 7:00 am and u just got in bed.Or u drive half way across the state to meet em. Stud dog world sux. I dont blame anyone for getting paid for there time and inconvenience.but it was always easy for me just to take a pup.Usually had it sold when it was ready.

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 03-03-2015 04:25 PM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrew Jones
UKC Forum Member

I'd say $200 is about right. Doesn't it cost $500 to be a a performance sire all year? Plus super stake sire. And then you might not breed many females and when you do, you might want a pup.

If you're in it for money then I'd say it's the wrong business

GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Tree Slammin Magnum(Grnitech Tree Slammin Hammer x Grnitech Grch Black Creek Slamin Lucy HTX)
~2016 PKC Winter Classic Cast Winner

Old Post 03-03-2015 04:50 PM
Andrew Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrew Jones Click here to Send Andrew Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Andrew Jones Find more posts by Andrew Jones Add Andrew Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff thomley
UKC Forum Member

I had a man call me once asked all the questions everybody always ask, this conversation went on for 1.5 hrs , on and on about his dog wanted her bred to a SS sire, / PERF sire . Then at the end he said I can't pay no stud fee but I can trade U 2 fainting goats . That was it for me I told him that I was not running no peting zoo and hung up. Had people call said they would have a dog at my house 7am Saturday morning never showed up never called back etc . I am glad to b done with this

Csg Pkc ch grch grnite coopers stormin Ike
2017 top 10 reproducer, top 5 per sire
2016 top 10 reproducer,top 5 perf sire

2015 perf sire- top 10 reproducers list, top 5 perf pt sire-#1 akc b&t show dog of yr- sire of queen of show at b&t days this year
Grch grnite thomleys big boy
2014 - 1st place reg -ark at hunt, 2014 King of show b&t sect- gill, 2015 King of show b&t sect- plainview, 2015 winter classic best in breed dual ch, 2015 King of show and King of hunt - b&t sect gill
4th place all black hunt -2016 b&t days

Old Post 03-04-2015 12:54 PM
jeff thomley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeff thomley Click here to Send jeff thomley a Private Message Click Here to Email jeff thomley Find more posts by jeff thomley Add jeff thomley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JTROTT
UKC Forum Member

Re: stud fees

quote:
some people crack me up!
to each his own i guess

I've never charged a stud fee on mine!! I may want a pup, but no money!!

NtCh ch'pr'Ingram's Smokin' Tony "Smoke" (3 wins toward Grand)(Kansas Junior x Stender's Hawkeye Rose)
'pr' Stone Cold Drifter (Smoke x Ragin Black Little Bit)

James Trott - (256)404-7771

Old Post 03-04-2015 04:39 PM
JTROTT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JTROTT Click here to Send JTROTT a Private Message Click Here to Email JTROTT Find more posts by JTROTT Add JTROTT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

UKC performance $100 before Dec 31, $300 after
Super Stake Sire between $400-$600 depending on when you pay
CHKC Super Stud $300
Few ads in book at $300 month
Having meetings to breed set up cancel your plans to have no show
Drive to meet to breed just to get one bred
Have female come in that's not in heat or going out and must be stud dogs fault.
Keep gyps 6 weeks because they dropped off and owner can't get down to get her
These are just few things I experienced

Now female owner
Pay $300 stud fee get 8 pups.
VERY FEW GYP OWNERS GIVE PUPS AWAY MOST WANT LITTLE TO COVER COST OF LITTER
PUPS $200 each that's $1600. Take away your $300 stud fee leaves $1000. Take away registration and you have kept you a pup and pocketed $750-$800
POOR STUD OWNER GETS $300.

NOW IF LITTER DONT TURN OUT AGAIN ITS THE STUD DOG THAT DIDNT DO HIS PART.

STUD BUSINESS IS A JOKE. PAY ALL THE FEES AND THEN HEAR THE GRIPING BECAUSE THEY WANT $200-$300 to help recoup the $1500 they out so your pups can be in all programs. Do good breed 6-10 gyps a year.

SO I GUESS LET STUD GUY PAY IT ALL AND THEN GIVE FREE STUD SERVICE.

SORRY I RANTED ON THIS I KNOW I AM WRONG. JUST AMAZES ME AT TIMES.

Last edited by high ridge on 03-04-2015 at 09:56 PM

Old Post 03-04-2015 09:53 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I understand there are fees that the stud owners have to pay. I don't mind paying a stud fee ($200-300) but to charge much over that is Ludacris in our breed.

Have you ever thought that this could be why black dogs are at stand still. Because no one in the breed wants to invest to make better. It cost good money to get good hounds. Whether you breeding,buying,or training.

Old Post 03-04-2015 09:55 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
Have you ever thought that this could be why black dogs are at stand still. Because no one in the breed wants to invest to make better. It cost good money to get good hounds. Whether you breeding,buying,or training.

Just because you pay a high stud fee doesn't mean the pups will amount to a hill of beans.

Old Post 03-04-2015 10:51 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Very true strokin. Most black dog people don't pay high stud fees. They don't buy high dollar pups. They dont spend much on purchasing high dollar hound. They don't spend much going to the hunts. You are very correct.

It's not about spending money foolishly. It's about spending money wisely to improve. Maybe the thought process my mind has can only be understood by my simple mind.

I just think if a little more was paid on stud fee then harder that guy would try to train. If little more spent on a pup the buyer would hunt and train little harder. If person bought a higher dollar dog may promote it little harder. I just think that may help it prob wouldn't.

Most would rather have free stud so they don't have to hunt,give pups away so the new owner don't feel bad when it hits jockey row because it was free,and not buy hound over $300 cause not going anywhere with it and as long as it trees one ever now and again that's good enough.

Old Post 03-04-2015 11:02 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I set here and have came to conclusion that I agree. $200 as a rule of thumb is about what going rate should be. I not been with them all but I not seen many of them I would pay much to breed to. ( HAVE BEEN SOME,NOT PLENTIFUL)

On flip side,and again I not been with them all. But,I ain't seen many gyps I would want one out of. ( HAVE BEEN SOME,NOT PLENTIFUL)

Everyone right,this breed should have more freebies than cash on barrel head breedings.

Old Post 03-04-2015 11:17 PM
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

High Ridge
The topic was really more about nice bitches given the red carpet. Why wouldn't a stud owner want to breed to the breeds best.

I don't think higher priced stud fees & hounds is the "key" to our success.

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP

NT CH JANE'S BOY

Old Post 03-04-2015 11:26 PM
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

Highridge
What did you take to town?

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP

NT CH JANE'S BOY

Old Post 03-04-2015 11:27 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Why would I want to breed a "red carpet" gyp free unless she is a proven reproducer? I can understand that then. But,if she never laid down and had any then she not red carpet. She could have won the world but She may not throw anything,take my studs percentages down,and get bad publicity for my stud.

I did breed a few free. I know what you mean,but ones I bred free were red carpet REPRODUCERS. They were Insane Janes mother,Backwater Pearl,Insane Janes sister,Rat Attacks sister,Nocturnal Rose, and few others.

I just agree to disagree.

To each their own.

Old Post 03-04-2015 11:32 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Take to town?

Old Post 03-04-2015 11:33 PM
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

no doubt a crap shoot
but I like my odds breeding coondog x coondog
hell we might try zeb 3

top hunting bitches aren't usually bred until later in their life anyways.

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP

NT CH JANE'S BOY

Old Post 03-04-2015 11:36 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

True,my black gyp is due with Zeb 3 puppies this coming Saturday.

Old Post 03-04-2015 11:39 PM
davidmorehead
UKC Forum Member

Just like Obama's govt. food stamps, free health care, housing assistance, free school lunch. You would think a guy that owns a dog with nuts should be happy to pay for everything !!!

Old Post 03-05-2015 02:59 PM
davidmorehead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davidmorehead Click here to Send davidmorehead a Private Message Click Here to Email davidmorehead Find more posts by davidmorehead Add davidmorehead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

so your saying you wouldn't have bred ks jewell to smoker for a pup ?

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP

NT CH JANE'S BOY

Old Post 03-05-2015 03:04 PM