UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Current studs
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Current studs

What current studs do you think will be talked about, say 20 years from now? Or do you think any will be?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-25-2015 06:36 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrod leathers
UKC Forum Member

Bone Collector, Main St Jack, Batman.

Old Post 02-25-2015 10:50 PM
jerrod leathers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrod leathers Click here to Send jerrod leathers a Private Message Click Here to Email jerrod leathers Find more posts by jerrod leathers Add jerrod leathers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

That's probably true, but I was really referring to just blk dogs. Batman has to be up there that's for sure.

Old Post 02-25-2015 10:56 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Black Warrior zeke

Old Post 02-26-2015 05:16 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ASPHALT KENNEL
UKC Forum Member

STUD

LONG SHOT BIG FOOT

Old Post 02-26-2015 01:24 PM
ASPHALT KENNEL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ASPHALT KENNEL Click here to Send ASPHALT KENNEL a Private Message Click Here to Email ASPHALT KENNEL Find more posts by ASPHALT KENNEL Add ASPHALT KENNEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Zeke has only been bred once. He has a long way to go. I do know a little ntch female that will probably be bred to him.

Old Post 02-26-2015 01:39 PM
dhenard22
UKC Forum Member

STUD

UGLYSTICK

PR'BAYOU METO MAYOR

Old Post 02-26-2015 02:05 PM
dhenard22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dhenard22 Click here to Send dhenard22 a Private Message Click Here to Email dhenard22 Find more posts by dhenard22 Add dhenard22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

I dont think the focus will be on the studs as much. It has already shifted to the focus on females.
But I'm sure we will still talk about ole so and so years from now as a stud and a coontree'er.
There's so many I woudnt know which to pick as a guess of talked about in the future. It'd be nice if it were mine that were talked about.....who knows maybe one day?? ha,ha!
Happy Tracks,
Larry

NITE CH GRCH. TIM'S HURRICANE CREEK DOZER HTX DNA-P (GrndSireBTTBCane)
NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)
GR CH 3 IKE'S BLACK JOE (Sire- GrNiteChGrCh Cooper's Stormin Ike)
CH.HURRICANE CREEK ROGUE ONE (Sire Howler, Grand Sire HawkGone)
LARRY'S HURRICANE CREEK RAE (sire Howler, grand sire HawkGone)
BLACKBURNS BEE (Sire Blackburns Snuffy II)(Half Owner with Jon Kibler)
NEW HOUNDS IN THE KENNEL;
HURRICANE HARLEM'S HARLO (Sire Harlem)
HURRICANE KIBLER'S ANNIE (Sire 6 gun Albert)

Old Post 02-26-2015 03:22 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blusk25
UKC Forum Member

I thought this thread would get more attention. The walker guys filled up several pages of top walker studs. There has got to be some good black dog studs.

Old Post 02-27-2015 09:45 PM
Blusk25 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blusk25 Click here to Send Blusk25 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blusk25 Find more posts by Blusk25 Add Blusk25 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLKTAN007
UKC Forum Member

Silence

Silence sometimes speaks volumes!

Old Post 02-27-2015 11:49 PM
BLKTAN007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLKTAN007 Click here to Send BLKTAN007 a Private Message Find more posts by BLKTAN007 Add BLKTAN007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Maybe people don think much of our studs of today.

Batman
Troubles
Ugly stick

There some more but I would think those should be talked about in the future

Old Post 02-28-2015 12:08 AM
davebastean
UKC Forum Member

Kansas Hayes and Duelin Dan

Old Post 02-28-2015 12:17 AM
davebastean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davebastean Click here to Send davebastean a Private Message Click Here to Email davebastean Find more posts by davebastean Add davebastean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crusader
UKC Forum Member

rocket fuel

Old Post 02-28-2015 02:46 AM
crusader is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crusader Click here to Send crusader a Private Message Click Here to Email crusader Find more posts by crusader Add crusader to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blake Query
UKC Forum Member

How about black hawk, never hunted with a dog out of him but he is currently #1 on.producers list

2015 world qualifier
5th place ntch sat night 2015 Winter Classic
3rd place ntch sat night 2013 B&T Days

Old Post 02-28-2015 01:20 PM
Blake Query is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Query Click here to Send Blake Query a Private Message Click Here to Email Blake Query Find more posts by Blake Query Add Blake Query to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyle moore
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by STROKIN
That's probably true, but I was really referring to just blk dogs. Batman has to be up there that's for sure.
The same Batman dog from Kentucky?

Old Post 02-28-2015 06:25 PM
kyle moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyle moore Click here to Send kyle moore a Private Message Click Here to Email kyle moore Find more posts by kyle moore Add kyle moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

I think that's were he's at.

Old Post 02-28-2015 06:49 PM
Trent Martin
UKC Forum Member

McCoins black river buddy

(RIP)--"NITECH Little River Fog"---(GrNtCh GrCh Little River Rex HTX) X (Little River Northern Mist) (Northern Nights Still Foggy's daughter)---co-owned with Paul Langdon
(RIP)--"Little River Kansas Dolly"--(WldNtCh GrNtCh J&R
Northern Buck II) X (GrNtCh Bauer's Kansas Stender)--co-owned with Paul Langdon
--"PR.LITTLE RIVER ELLIE"--(GrNiteCH BLACK RIVER BUDDY) X ( PR.LILLY'S CREEK BLACK BETTY)--
Trent Martin
Senath MO.
(573)-344-4560

Old Post 03-01-2015 12:13 PM
Trent Martin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trent Martin Click here to Send Trent Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Trent Martin Add Trent Martin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
astringer
UKC Forum Member

It wasn't too many years ago all the talk was about "Setum Up Ace", "Posted Land TJ", "Super Sting", "Two Time Albert", "Ragin Black Hoss", and "Kansas Junior", "Tennessee Fiddler"and "Gentlemen Jim". I had to think hard to come up with some of those names.

Old Post 03-01-2015 01:42 PM
astringer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for astringer Click here to Send astringer a Private Message Click Here to Email astringer Find more posts by astringer Add astringer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

I don't think we will ever have a stud dog like fiddler or ace, or hoss, or any of those dogs. I think we have reached equality in the breed. What I mean is, dogs have seemed to as good as each other. Not saying dogs of the past were better, but those certain stud dogs took a leap above the dogs of that generation. Let's face it, those dogs got talked about for winning and being tree dogs. I think we have made great strides in breeding tree dogs and have reached a point were most of the good dogs are not that much different from each other. Let's see what we have.
Batman
Troubles
Ugly stick
Hayes
Dan
Buddy
Rocket fuel
Probably none will reach the females like Ace or Fiddler.

Old Post 03-01-2015 02:11 PM
Kenwood J. Maek
UKC Forum Member

Stud dogs

Thinking back of the stud dogs past, I look for those that have had an impact on the breed. Here are a few names that pop up:
Tennessee Rambler
Cole Younger
Little Cole Younger
Thunder Mountain Mingo
Bloodworths Black Bill
Bloodworths Timber
Wagners Lead
Gentlemans Jim
Tennessee Wheeler
Super Sting
I know there are many more that can be added here but these are the ones that impacted my breeding programs. Lets hear what has impacted your black and tan kennels.

Ch PR First Sergeant--has a first place
ChNtCh PR Rough Creek Vicky
GrNtCh PR Black Ace
NtCh PR Ace's Black Tater

Old Post 03-02-2015 12:14 AM
Kenwood J. Maek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenwood J. Maek Click here to Send Kenwood J. Maek a Private Message Find more posts by Kenwood J. Maek Add Kenwood J. Maek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

Re: Silence

quote:
Originally posted by BLKTAN007
Silence sometimes speaks volumes!

Hummmm

Old Post 03-02-2015 12:37 AM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenwood J. Maek
UKC Forum Member

Darrell,
The Eads dogs are know thoughout the northeast. Way down here in Texas we did not get to use them in our breeding program. I would like to know the Eads studs that have impacted the breed. I can tell you that the ones that I have hunted with have been tree dogs of the first degree.

Ch PR First Sergeant--has a first place
ChNtCh PR Rough Creek Vicky
GrNtCh PR Black Ace
NtCh PR Ace's Black Tater

Old Post 03-02-2015 03:42 AM
Kenwood J. Maek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenwood J. Maek Click here to Send Kenwood J. Maek a Private Message Find more posts by Kenwood J. Maek Add Kenwood J. Maek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by STROKIN
I don't think we will ever have a stud dog like fiddler or ace, or hoss, or any of those dogs. I think we have reached equality in the breed. What I mean is, dogs have seemed to as good as each other. Not saying dogs of the past were better, but those certain stud dogs took a leap above the dogs of that generation. Let's face it, those dogs got talked about for winning and being tree dogs. I think we have made great strides in breeding tree dogs and have reached a point were most of the good dogs are not that much different from each other. Let's see what we have.
Batman
Troubles
Ugly stick
Hayes
Dan
Buddy
Rocket fuel
Probably none will reach the females like Ace or Fiddler.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Kenwood J. Maek
Thinking back of the stud dogs past, I look for those that have had an impact on the breed. Here are a few names that pop up:
Tennessee Rambler
Cole Younger
Little Cole Younger
Thunder Mountain Mingo
Bloodworths Black Bill
Bloodworths Timber
Wagners Lead
Gentlemans Jim
Tennessee Wheeler
Super Sting
I know there are many more that can be added here but these are the ones that impacted my breeding programs. Lets hear what has impacted your black and tan kennels.
[/QUOTE]

Strokin were those the dogs talked about because of top performance or because they had the most pups.

Taken the dogs that you and Maeker say of dogs in history
and some that weren't brought up.

Produced dogs in top 20 of UKC World.
Fiddler-0, Ace-2, Gentleman Jim-1, Wheeler-1, Tenn. Rambler-3, TennDeacon-2, C&S Smokey-2, Kirkland & logans Gunner-2, Myers Bo-1

319-201-8445

Last edited by berger on 03-02-2015 at 04:58 AM

Old Post 03-02-2015 04:55 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeremypersinger
UKC Forum Member

Bandits Appalachian gunner
Tennessee timber
Bad company riding solo
Vances screaming eagle

Jeremy persinger
central wv

Old Post 03-02-2015 05:36 AM
jeremypersinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeremypersinger Click here to Send jeremypersinger a Private Message Find more posts by jeremypersinger Add jeremypersinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrew Jones
UKC Forum Member

BATMAN
I've seen a dog out of him for myself. Also the high level of winning so many of them have done is something that will be talked about for a while also

GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Tree Slammin Magnum(Grnitech Tree Slammin Hammer x Grnitech Grch Black Creek Slamin Lucy HTX)
~2016 PKC Winter Classic Cast Winner

Old Post 03-02-2015 06:07 AM
Andrew Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrew Jones Click here to Send Andrew Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Andrew Jones Find more posts by Andrew Jones Add Andrew Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote