UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 14. Calling Dogs Off Trail.
Remove this minus Rule from the Rulebook.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, per proposal. 12 35.29%
No, leave as is. 22 64.71%
Total: 34 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by joey
What rule do you use if a guy just decides to call his dog off track? What do you do? I dont mean calling timeout, just calls his dog in and sends it the other way?

He can't. And the minus thing was used in conjunction with time out and putting the hour on them.
Guess the rule he would use is I withdraw, go hollering at your dog without it being time out and you know what will happen.
You know you can't call your dog in unless on time out and you can't be on time out unless it fits one of the time out rules. What many had never noticed is that to move spots is only in them now if all dogs are leashed.
Many seem to be against a change that happened years ago. They use a rule that doesn't exist to implement one that remains on the card. They only worked together no way to use one without the other.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-27-2019 03:45 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
He can't. And the minus thing was used in conjunction with time out and putting the hour on them.
Guess the rule he would use is I withdraw, go hollering at your dog without it being time out and you know what will happen.
You know you can't call your dog in unless on time out and you can't be on time out unless it fits one of the time out rules. What many had never noticed is that to move spots is only in them now if all dogs are leashed.
Many seem to be against a change that happened years ago. They use a rule that doesn't exist to implement one that remains on the card. They only worked together no way to use one without the other.

Your right he cant because of 4e.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-27-2019 04:18 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Your right he cant because of 4e.

He can't because of 7 Time Out.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-27-2019 04:21 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
He can't because of 7 Time Out.

I'm trying to understand how you are tying these two together? Rule 7 does not say anything except you can call timeout under certain conditions. It doesn't mention anything about what happens if a man calls a dog off without calling timeout. Rule 4e does.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-27-2019 05:33 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
I'm trying to understand how you are tying these two together? Rule 7 does not say anything except you can call timeout under certain conditions. It doesn't mention anything about what happens if a man calls a dog off without calling timeout. Rule 4e does.

You can't holler at your dog and call him off trail during the hunt only when on time out. When you go hollering at your dog the hour must be started, the hour can't start until time out is called.

Back in the day when a cast wanted to move spots they called time out took their minus and had one hour to catch their dog. Under current rules you can't call timeout just because you want to. Several years back more specific rules were put into place of when you could call time out and all fall under delete not minus.

Go look at the screen shot I posted earlier.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 06-27-2019 05:59 AM
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

I understand what he"s saying ....for the longest 4(e) has been miss applied when it was followed up by calling time out.....in order to move to a new hunting spot .. e.g....everyone agrees to take their minus in order to get the "hail" out of this spot....nothin moving here just wasteing time.
I'm not convinced that removeing 4(e) is the correct move.
Maybe adding verbage to the affect that we can't use 4(e) just to move to new ground.

Old Post 06-27-2019 06:04 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

quote:

quote:
My best guess is at sometime the rule change committee took it out of Time Outs and forgot to take 4(e) off the card.

I am going to try again. I actually have located the exact information I was looking for. And your guess (SORRY) what happened is wrong.

First the card condensing was done January 2014.
Rule 4 (e) covered minus dogs on 8 minutes.
. quitting and coming in,etc.and because it dealt with many different situations was broken down.
this rule 4 was condensed down to the one line we are all familiar with of "minus to dogs if called off a track". IT DID NOT originate in the in the time outs as you guess.
This sentence was moved from Rule 17 under what was then general information. And moved to 4(e) because rule 4 dealt with minus points .
Rules in 4 where then simplified to make it easier to find on the card which is why most are now one liners.

To complicate matters which is causing your main argument.
Under time outs (Rule 8) then. The verbiage ...If new ground must be found to finish cast and more then 15 minutes is required or have to move to new area by vehicle call time out immediately. (Go back you will see I already said this in a prior post.)
It was completely deleted. Any ones guess why.
Additionally as to the 5(g) argument. That rule pertains to dogs that are trailing when hunt time "RUNS" out.
It was changed from circle to delete because it was felt that awarding circle points in that circumstance should not be able to be used to break ties So they changed to get deleted.
Maybe a better argument would be to put this deleted time out rule back where it belongs in the time outs.
Perhaps leaving out the 15 minute requirement part.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 07-01-2019 at 07:18 AM

Old Post 06-27-2019 08:52 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote