UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Female
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you want a male pup text me your name to 423-605-3757 and I will put you on my list. They will only be $500.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2018 03:05 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

I've hunted with Wendy and a few of her offspring.
You have crossed her on several different studs now. What's your opinion on her pups taking more after her...or their sire?
Do you see more of her in the pups or their sire?
Have any of the litters seemed to be totally dominated by the sires traits?
I've studied a lot of great reproducing females over the last 30 years and most seem to dominate the crosses made on them...but a few dominated a few specific traits they carried while otherwise throwing pups more like the sire. Have you seen enough to tell one way or the other?

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 03-05-2018 09:25 PM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Each litter is different so they definitely take traits from each side. Each litter is not just like Wendy. Moose added more tree. Jim added more hunt and independance. Boone pups are more like Wendy. Ranger pups have tree and independance. Jury is still out on Rocky and Buck pups. And I haven't decided on whether to breed Wendy again or move on to her daughters, Wilma and Rhonda. The Wilma/Jim pups are starting to look good and two of the Wilma/Boone pups are already starting to run and tree at 5 mos old. Wilma should have pups with more tree and Rhonda should have pups with more independance. Breeding Rhonda to Boone should "lock in" or "set" that drive and independance. That is not Wendy's style and not what I like but that is what younger comp hunters seem to be looking for. We will see. But to answer your question, yes the Sire has a lot to do with how the pups turn out in Wendy's case.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-06-2018 at 02:13 PM

Old Post 03-06-2018 02:07 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
.....No, but she will have golden puppies......

I tried to tell y'all.

Dam

Sire

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-11-2018 at 05:24 PM

Old Post 03-11-2018 05:19 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, my list is full for Boone X Rhonda pups. We will have to wait and see what she has now.

Old Post 03-12-2018 10:10 PM
bshurette
UKC Forum Member

save one (or two)

If my math is correct (which for a school teacher it could be better) these pups will have a perfect spring birthday. Save the wildest and hollar when you get tired of chasing it lol.

Old Post 03-13-2018 04:06 PM
bshurette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bshurette Click here to Send bshurette a Private Message Click Here to Email bshurette Find more posts by bshurette Add bshurette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: save one (or two)

quote:
Originally posted by bshurette
.... Save the wildest and hollar when you get tired of chasing it lol.

I turned Rhonda loose with 2 Boone pups in Indiana last night. It was freezing cold, the wind was blowing and there was an inch of fresh snow on the ground. Nothing was moving. The Boone pups went one way and we caught them when they came out to a road 900 yds away. We then went back and drove in and caught Rhonda 1.2 mi from where we cut her loose. Are you sure you want to hunt one?

Old Post 03-14-2018 03:11 PM
bshurette
UKC Forum Member

Fun times

i dont mind walking to a dog, at least its flatter up there.

Old Post 03-14-2018 03:22 PM
bshurette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bshurette Click here to Send bshurette a Private Message Click Here to Email bshurette Find more posts by bshurette Add bshurette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

Richard it wasn't freezing cold up here last night,

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 03-14-2018 06:43 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Rhonda back home in Tennessee last night...

Old Post 03-16-2018 03:19 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I guess she comes by it honestly... Mother and Daughter.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 04-18-2018 at 03:23 PM

Old Post 03-19-2018 04:06 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, Rhonda has dropped to 3rd in the $KC Breed Standings now.

Old Post 03-22-2018 05:31 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Skinny Minny is starting to look like she might be pregnant. She only has 5 more weeks now.

Old Post 03-31-2018 02:58 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

My new brood female. If you are on my list you better start saving up your money...

Old Post 04-03-2018 03:04 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

My little girl has become a woman, only 2 more weeks.

Old Post 04-18-2018 03:12 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, my $10,000 dog had $5,000 worth of pups last night.

Old Post 05-03-2018 01:56 PM
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oh my goodness, my $10,000 dog had $5,000 worth of pups last night.

So does that mean she is a $5000 dog now?

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 05-03-2018 10:32 PM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I might not be very bright but it doesn't take a genius to see that I had better hang on to her. She had 15 pups but 5 of them died. This kinda reminds me of when I had a senior moment and tried to sell Wendy several years back. Nobody wanted to buy her and she came in heat so I just kept her. That was 30 pups ago.

Old Post 05-03-2018 11:29 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I might not be very bright but it doesn't take a genius to see that I had better hang on to her. She had 15 pups but 5 of them died. This kinda reminds me of when I had a senior moment and tried to sell Wendy several years back. Nobody wanted to buy her and she came in heat so I just kept her. That was 30 pups ago.

Just 30 pups!!

Old Post 05-04-2018 01:33 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oh my goodness, my $10,000 dog had $5,000 worth of pups

Dangit, I miss a day or two and we’ve switched gears again. So we aren’t improving the breed now and strictly back to breeding for cash? 😜

Old Post 05-04-2018 02:57 AM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, you must have a one track mind. "We"? I never know what you are doing but I can multi task.

Old Post 05-04-2018 02:41 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It looks like Rhonda is going to raise all 10 so I have a couple more to sell. If you want a top quality, well bred (I think) pup then text or call me at 423-605-3757.

Old Post 05-05-2018 01:47 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
It looks like Rhonda is going to raise all 10 so I have a couple more to sell. If you want a top quality, well bred (I think) pup then text or call me at 423-605-3757.
Looks like you got a good gang of pups.. Good luck with them!!

Old Post 05-05-2018 03:08 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Looks like you got a good gang of pups.. Good luck with them!!

Old Post 05-05-2018 03:08 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

A guy backed out on one so I have pups to sell now. They are fat, healthy and squirming all over. They are going to be a hand full when they get their eyes open and strong enough to crawl. Rhonda is really getting the hang of mothering.

Old Post 05-08-2018 06:29 PM