UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 3 Long Months
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

3 Long Months

My hunting partner got Covid the first of December 2020 and nearly died, our coon hunting and lives were put on hold. I honestly did not know if we would ever get to hunt together any more or if he would ever be able to go hunting again period. Thank GOD he has finally recovered enough strength to hunt again. He has been coon hunting the past 2 nights. Not very long hunts, but long enough for both dogs to tree a coon both nights and he made it to all trees. I can honestly say that I have been one happy man just seeing him get to go coon hunting and go to every tree as much as he likes to coon hunt. I give GOD the credit and glory for saving his life and restoring his energy. It was a very tough road for him, he lost so much weight and was so sick he could not even walk but a few steps in his house until just recently. These past 2 nights will be 2 that I remember and treasure, just hoping there will be many more to come. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2021 03:37 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PreacherTom
UKC Forum Member

That's great. Good news. Hope you guys have many more hunts.

Old Post 03-04-2021 03:53 AM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Dave, I'm so glad that your hunting partner is back. Those old guys are made of tough stock!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-04-2021 05:12 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Praise God for his recovery!

Old Post 03-04-2021 05:19 AM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Dave,

so glad to hear Ron is recuperating and getting back on his feet!! Prayers answered!.. Please give him my best and you all have a great spring season..

I just spent a week in AL and AR hunting and Tell Ron the best coon hunting in the world may possibly be in Arkansas in March.. We hunted off our buggies on a lease a friend lined up and had a great trip.. I can tree more coons here at home, but the country and ease of getting around are incredible.

Stay safe!

Old Post 03-04-2021 12:53 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Recovery

Tom, Jen, Bill, and Larry, Thank you guys and gal very much for your comments. It means a lot to me and I will pass these comments on to my hunting partner, he will appreciate them. Larry, glad you had a good time in Arkansas, never hunted there before, but maybe one day? Ron loves coon hunting more than anyone I have ever known and it's such a blessing for me to see him able to go coon hunting again. Jen, he sure is a tough old bird, but Covid just about got him this time. We are so thankful that GOD pulled him through this terrible ordeal and gave us some more time together to hunt and fish, he loves to do both. Dave

Old Post 03-04-2021 05:17 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Recovery

Double post. Sorry! Dave

Old Post 03-04-2021 05:17 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Update

My hunting partner has been hunting 5 nights now and his getting stronger every night. Virginia hunting season ends March 10 and the weather has been good for hunting these last 10 nights. He is going to hunt these last 3 nights 8, 9, and 10th, I am so pleased that he has got to hunt these last week or so of hunting season after missing 3 of the best months to hunt . Dave

Old Post 03-08-2021 09:04 PM
phil g
UKC Forum Member

Oh it's real.
Glad he is getting better.

Old Post 03-08-2021 11:32 PM
phil g is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phil g Click here to Send phil g a Private Message Find more posts by phil g Add phil g to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

That's great news concerning your hunting partner. Praying for his continued progress and health.

Old Post 03-09-2021 01:33 AM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, my buddy got to hunt 8 nights of the last 10 nights of Virginia's hunting season. You can not hunt Sunday's in Virginia and we do not hunt on Sundays anyway. Treed at least 1 coon every night, some nights 2 coons, did not hunt long, but got to hunt and that's what really counted. All in all, we had a great season considering we missed the 3 best months Dec, Jan and Feb., but I am not complaining considering the fact that he beat the Covid virus. It was a uphill battle, but he survived and that's all that matters. Dave

Old Post 03-11-2021 10:51 PM
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Good to hear.

Old Post 03-12-2021 03:45 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote