UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Slow Talking Big Mac for Sale
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zach Stillinger
New UKC Forum Member

**SOLD**

Due to not hunting this year i'm putting Mac up for sale. DOB is 8/19/2012. He is a Nite Ch with 3 wins towards grand, ACHA Little World Champion (2016), 2017 UKC World regional qualifier, and has around $350 won in PKC. Sire is Slow Talking Buzz and Dam is Yadkin river bred. Will not tree an opossum or run fast game. I have had him bay an armadillo on me twice and if I had access to armadillos in my area I could say for sure if he was broke from them. I've hunted a handful of times in areas with armadillos since he last bayed one with no issues so he might have gotten the idea. Does his best work in swamps that a lot of dogs can't tree one in. He is not just one of these crazy hunting dogs, has a handle on him and can be called out from the woods if he can hear you. Not an ill hair on him and hunts well with pups. Hunts from tree to tree, alone or with company. Will get by himself and will get some of another dogs if he doesn't have his own trail.

Faults... He isn't always consistent. When hunting alone he doesn't kick dirt in your face getting gone. He can be almost silent sometimes on trail when hunting alone. Usually when he starts opening he will locate within a few barks. If pitched in on a hot coon he can be a 1st or 2nd type strike. If the trail is cold he will generally be 4th strike. Takes him a little while to warm up to a handler and hunt right for them.

He wouldn't be for sale if I was hunting. He needs to be in the woods and not sitting in my pen. Price is $1500 with a trial (cash in hand) and $1200 off the leash. If he was two years younger and in hunting shape he'd be a $3500 dog. Located in Spartanburg, SC. Text or call 864-492-7876 if interested.

Last edited by Zach Stillinger on 03-30-2018 at 08:24 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-22-2018 03:03 AM
Zach Stillinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zach Stillinger Click here to Send Zach Stillinger a Private Message Click Here to Email Zach Stillinger Find more posts by Zach Stillinger Add Zach Stillinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skippy23
UKC Forum Member

Mac is a Coondog!

I hunted him for Zach for 3 months last year. Accurate, Loud, and Independent. Very good to hunt alone or with Pups. Never saw him run or tree any trash whatsoever.

Old Post 03-28-2018 12:44 PM
Skippy23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skippy23 Find more posts by Skippy23 Add Skippy23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zach Stillinger
New UKC Forum Member

I've had a lot of calls but he is still here. Just to answer some of the questions I've had about him....

- Yes he will finish out to Grand Nite easily. I've only put him in 4 UKC hunts in 3 years and won the cast 3 times. And I'm not talking about hunts in the middle of the summer when only 3 dogs show up.

- What I mean by inconsistent... this is the difference between a $10k dog and a $3k dog. If someone tells you a dog is going to do the same thing everytime you turn him loose regardless of the circumstance and he actually does it (and its what you want him to do) then you're not buying him for anywhere near $1200. Mac is the only dog I've owned for 3 years and as such he has been hunted alone 90% of the time. When its just me and him I can tell you what he is going to do. Occasionally (i'm talking like 3 times out of 20) during a competition hunt he would be affected by the cast walking through the woods after pulling him off a tree and recasting. He would follow us as we went to another dog treed in the distance. This is my fault for not training him for this scenario but I'm not into owning 4 dogs and taking 6 people hunting with me every time I go. He will recast from a tree and go hunting for me every single time when pleasure hunting. Therefore I call that inconsistent. Create the scenario while pleasure hunting a time or two and correct him and it won't be a problem. He aims to please his owner and is not just a one track mind "smell coon, find coon, destroy coon" type of dog. So new scenarios can effect him because he is trying to figure out what you want him to do instead of just finding a coon.

- Yes he hunts well with other dogs (females, males, or pups). He loves to be around and hunt with other dogs I just don't care to own more than one dog.

- No I will not sell him for a penny less than $1200. I want him to go to a good home and to someone who will hunt him. I'm not looking to sell him to a dog trader and have him sit on a chain in someones back yard with his bones showing for the rest of his life.

-Bottom line... If you're looking for a $10k dog for $1200 please don't waste my time or yours. If you're looking for a $3k quality dog for $1200 then Mac is what you're looking for. I get that there are dog traders on this board that will sell a half blind, lame dog, that lost his voice 2 years ago to people for $2k and not think twice about it. I'm not that guy. I'm not selling this dog to go buy another dog (as soon as he is gone my dog box and alpha we be up for sale). I will put Mac against any dog you can buy on this (or any other) site tonight for $2k or less.

Old Post 03-30-2018 02:21 PM
Zach Stillinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zach Stillinger Click here to Send Zach Stillinger a Private Message Click Here to Email Zach Stillinger Find more posts by Zach Stillinger Add Zach Stillinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote