UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Indiana Shep
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Bellar's Grand Nite Champion Indiana Shep

History of Bellar’s Indiana Shep

------------------CH GR NC CH Wright’s Pistol Pete
-----------NC Yadkin River Jeff
------------------Nc Gr Ch Kyle’s Rozell
------- NC Yadkin River Crowder
----------------------GR NR Power’s TideWater Shep
-----------David’s Dinah
--------------------- NC Stoney Roads Ida Mae
-- Gr Nc Ch Rock River Sackett
------------------------ Yakin River Jeff------------------------------- Bellar’s Indiana Shep
------------------ Yadkin River Champ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* GR NC SunDown Hank
~~~~~~~~~~~~* Tar River Jill ---------------------------------- NC Acords Fly Girl Bonney
------ Flynn’s Hustlin Gypsy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- GR NT NC River Bend Flag
------------------ Gullett’s Dixie Girl ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* NT CH Tar River Mindy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- River Bend Greasy

GR NC CH Rock River Sackett JR

Allen’s Buckeye Ranger
NC Dohoney’s Mike
Rowland’s Buckeye Lucy
GR NC Dohoney’s Boone

GR NC GR CH Spring Creek Rock
Dohoney’s SuperStar
NC Dohoney’s Cadillac

Gr Nc Ch Skean’s Dolly
NC Charley Creek John
GR NC Charley Creek Latch
Moughler’s Lady
Dohoney’s Spice
GR NC Rock River Ring
CH Charley Creek Patches
Ford’s White Satin

GR NC SunDown HANK off GR NC Bellar's Indiana SHEP ,~~* Tar River Jill ,off SunDown Hank x Tar River Mindy, Yakin River Jeff x ~~* Tar River Jill produced Champ, Champ x Flyinn's Hustlin Gypsy produced, Rock River Sackett's Dam. Looks heck of alot better in Word Document. I can see why The Sackett's produced Great Hounds. I know there is other greats in the Sackett line. I personally know how Great The Shep was, thats why I used my time tracking Shep back, He is Etched in my Memory. It was just so great watching that young pup, Shep tree coon as fast as we could, shoot'em out. Mid to Late 70's

Last edited by II Chance on 04-04-2011 at 08:37 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-2011 01:42 AM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sheriff Andy
UKC Forum Member

maybe someone can straighten that out for you....LOL

I miss Mayberry,
where everythings in black and white.
and tan.

Old Post 03-25-2011 02:28 AM
Sheriff Andy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sheriff Andy Click here to Send Sheriff Andy a Private Message Find more posts by Sheriff Andy Add Sheriff Andy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Looks Great In Microsoft Word Document

Copied and Paste. Try it sometime, I spent 24 years in Computer Training at Chrysler Corp, Electrical trouble shooter. Got my point across any way Andy LOL. Didn't have much time to watch tv back then. Work, Hunt, Sleep. Thats the way it was back when I worked for Russ, couldn't use hunting for excuse for not working he would blow that Truck horn every morning. Time for work now, as he would say. The Guy with not a second to spare.

Last edited by II Chance on 03-30-2011 at 04:34 PM

Old Post 03-25-2011 02:33 AM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saddle Creek
UKC Forum Member

Way back in the 80's, I owned a very nice female out of Shep, her name was( Shoot Em Out Sheba ). I wish I could find some of that bloodline.

Greg Lavender
Milledgeville, Ga.

Old Post 03-25-2011 02:50 AM
Saddle Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saddle Creek Click here to Send Saddle Creek a Private Message Find more posts by Saddle Creek Add Saddle Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I believe i heard about her. the name rings a bell. The time frame was right for (Shoot em out Sheba) to be from Bellar' Indiana Shep x Reffitt's Sally cross, She should have been great, for Both Shep and Sally where one of a kind. I could talk for days about them. You should have saw them two together, Dam what a pair. It was always some competition going on between me and Russ I could burn him sometime. But I could never get it done in a big hunt, crack under pressure i guess, Russ never cracks he was a natural winner. He will not hunt a dog that is not a great winner!

Last edited by II Chance on 03-31-2011 at 12:47 PM

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:03 AM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

SHEP

I just think he wasn't bred to enough. i had a pup off him, had to shoot the coon out or drag her from the tree. The pup got out of pen was killed by a car.

Last edited by II Chance on 03-29-2011 at 12:49 PM

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:04 AM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

The Big De

The Big De dog, made me think of Shep, the way he was marked. De had Sackett's Rock and Rock's Sir, Sackett Jr in his Pedigree.

Last edited by II Chance on 03-25-2011 at 07:38 AM

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:13 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

II Chance, did you ever hunt with a dog named Lumber,he was out of Shep?

Lumber was the real deal!!!!!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:22 AM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Printed The Document

quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff Andy
maybe someone can straighten that out for you....LOL

Looks Great I will give this Nice Pedigree to Russ next time I see Him.

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:26 AM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Van Dusen
II Chance, did you ever hunt with a dog named Lumber,he was out of Shep?

Lumber was the real deal!!!!!

No but I did hear that name I am sure from Kenny Moore or Russ

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:30 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Jerry Winn owned him,they were quite a pair,Lumber is the best coondog I have ever seen unsnapped in a nite hunt!
The nite I drew him he put on a show,all Jerry did was call his dog, and we looked at coons!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:35 AM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Lumber

What was his Dam? Was he from Michigan?

Last edited by II Chance on 03-29-2011 at 12:51 PM

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:41 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

He was from Michigan, ask Russ, he will know.

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:45 AM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Lumber

I sure Lumber was in American Cooner. I think I remember reading an article on him.

Old Post 03-25-2011 04:48 AM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Mike Yoder up in Shipshe is hunting a pup off Shep X Gabby right now. Talked to him last night. The pup is coming along. Runs anything that lays a track and likes to trail more than tree which isn't such a bad thing.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 03-25-2011 03:04 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Jim

Thanks Jim, I read on forums, there was a pup out of The Shep. I was wondering how he was doing. He could change who knows. Shep I don't recall him ever running anything but coon and then he was kinda tight mouthed. He treed a bunch just coming treed. I didn't hunt with him after he was a two year old. But he was really something as a pup himself. Lost a lot of good hunting, about 24 years while I was so into electronics at Chryler most the time 7 days a week. Retired now and wanting too catch up. I will, have a few good years left in me LOL.

Last edited by II Chance on 03-26-2011 at 05:05 PM

Old Post 03-25-2011 04:14 PM
tubby1111
UKC Forum Member

Is there shep semen? I remember hearing alot of good things about him when i was a kid and some of that old blood would be good for the tree happy dogs of today. Where does russ rank Shep on his list of greats he has had? Thanks

Old Post 03-25-2011 05:58 PM
tubby1111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tubby1111 Click here to Send tubby1111 a Private Message Click Here to Email tubby1111 Find more posts by tubby1111 Add tubby1111 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Shep

I am not sure where he would rank him now. But I bet Shep would close the door and shut out a lot of hounds of today. I have to be careful not to step on any ones toes. Yes I think Russ still has straws of semen stored. I would rank Shep close to Pac-Man but today guys want the yonder Hounds. I guess I would classify Shep as the best patch woods Hound to set foot on INDIANA ground. Smart and witty he was hunting to get his master the Meat. This is no joke boys, I looked at him as he treed and it was like He was saying, I put you up there and I'll be here when you come down! Sometime he treed setting down at bottom of tree looking up mouthing as if he was on watch. This was his trait to pass on, STAY AND HAVE THE MEAT!!

Last edited by II Chance on 03-27-2011 at 04:05 AM

Old Post 03-25-2011 06:23 PM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Female

quote:
Originally posted by Saddle Creek
Way back in the 80's, I owned a very nice female out of Shep, her name was( Shoot Em Out Sheba ). I wish I could find some of that bloodline.

Greg Lavender
Milledgeville, Ga.

What female was She out of. I would like to here from someone who had a dog from Shep & Sally an extremely good female granddauther of Gann's Finisher. I sold her to Russ and he sold her to a guy from Bluffton,IN. They made the cross, I got a female from the deal. She was getting it on real good, got out of her pen and was killed by a car about 1978.

Last edited by II Chance on 03-31-2011 at 12:54 PM

Old Post 03-25-2011 10:35 PM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Hello Mr. Van D

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Van Dusen
He was from Michigan, ask Russ, he will know.

Old Post 03-26-2011 04:34 AM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Lumber Dog

Guess he was from Michigan.

Last edited by II Chance on 03-26-2011 at 01:09 PM

Old Post 03-26-2011 04:39 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

How is it going Mr.IIChance?

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 03-26-2011 04:40 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lumber Dog

quote:
Originally posted by II Chance
I think the Lumber dog was from Canada. Call Russ got no answer he may be in Glasgow, Ky getting ready the big one ACHA World hunt.

Jerry Winn owned Lumber, he lived in Michigan,at least when I hunted with him.A very good friend of mine pleasure hunted many nights with Lumber and Jerry,he said he thought he had a coondog,until he hunted him with lumber!I will call him tomorrow, he will know how Lumber was bred on bottom. He bred a female to Lumber back then, and he had a pup that was really makin a good one,but the pup died real young....
My friend told me that Lumber was 1 of the best he ever walked behind, and he has had some good ones!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Last edited by Mike Van Dusen on 03-26-2011 at 04:56 AM

Old Post 03-26-2011 04:52 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Re: Shep offspring

quote:
Originally posted by II Chance
I would really like to a couple Shep semen pups off a Sackett JR female. Bet that would be a real deal cross

I would like a pup out of Shep and Janice Joplin, now that would be intriging,all that Bellar blood with a shot of Coma..........

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 03-26-2011 05:01 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

I figured you would catch my drift....
If you like Big mouth dogs that can run a track the right way,and are accurate treedogs, you will like Coma dogs..
I have a direct son of Stylish Coma, you are welcome to hunt with him anytime,he is as described, and I would like to meet you.
Feel free to call 219-326-7907

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 03-27-2011 02:37 PM