UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Good Looking vs High Score
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Good Looking vs High Score

Been watching some of the hunts results lately. I have started to pay attention to some of these dogs looks more than I have the scores. I know my eyes are old but there sure are some pretty dogs being hunted. After reading this board for the past year. I have come to believe any dog that wins has to babble. Has to be too deep for the common man to get there and to mean to let anything else tree with it. So scores mean nothing to me anymore. Bring on the pretty dogs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-27-2020 11:43 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

My pup has more hair than Cher bono !!

Tar

Old Post 06-27-2020 12:17 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Ya may be surprised at the different kennel manners the show people like as well. Show dogs that hunt good can be a win win.

Old Post 06-27-2020 01:28 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

8 weeks old today.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 06-27-2020 02:22 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why do some people try to hunt their show dogs? If they want to hunt, why don't they just get a hunting dog? And the same goes for people that want to show their hunting dogs?

But I think that Bruce is talking about how good looking some of the hunt winners are these days. But that doesn't mean that they are show dogs. A flat footed or crooked leg dog can still look good in a hunt winner picture.

Old Post 06-27-2020 02:22 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Osborne on another note, I was told by a guy that was there that several Money pups looked pretty good this past week.

Old Post 06-27-2020 02:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Osborne, that sure is a pretty Walker pup. I don’t hunt them, but if I ever did I’d want it to look like that little dude.

Old Post 06-27-2020 02:32 PM
Black Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Plott Click here to Send Black Plott a Private Message Click Here to Email Black Plott Find more posts by Black Plott Add Black Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Mr Osborne on another note, I was told by a guy that was there that several Money pups looked pretty good this past week.

Thanks.
Iv seen a few natural dogs but never seen a natural show dog, I was gonna seen a picture of this pup an he just stood there with his tail up so I set his feet an he stood there like a statue.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 06-27-2020 02:33 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You got it Richard. Some beautiful dogs being hunted. The one Cowboy Dan hunted and sold won several state championships this year along with being best in show at the same hunt. I think the dogs name is Apollo Project now.

Old Post 06-27-2020 02:59 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Some decent lookers

NITECH GRCH PR SMOKEY RIVER BLUE BUCK JR HTX 4

GRCH 2 PR Deepholler mud Buggs HTX 3 (with 4 wins towards NITECH)

Ch NITECH Ratliff's Blue Bloods Mayhem HTX

Ratliff's Lewey code blue

Old Post 06-27-2020 03:08 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Just look at that picture of semi-final Sophomore cast #1 last night.

Old Post 06-27-2020 03:09 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

Pretty pup, but they do not come any prettier than Hardwood Bean. Dave

Old Post 06-27-2020 09:25 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
8 weeks old today.

Excellent looking pup...

Old Post 06-30-2020 02:38 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lukedexter
New UKC Forum Member

Show dogs can be real coondogs too

UKC World Show Champion also UKC Grand Nite Ch. Finley River Little Hawk was obviously a world class show dog who was a 100% coondog.

Old Post 07-23-2020 10:44 PM
lukedexter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lukedexter Click here to Send lukedexter a Private Message Click Here to Email lukedexter Find more posts by lukedexter Add lukedexter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trsizemore
UKC Forum Member

richard

way back when there was a big fight when the almighty started the bench shows right away the hunters said a show dog must tree his own coon and have a degree but they lost the fight thats why we have 2 different style of dogs in the breed not wanting to argue but just stating facts thanks tim

Old Post 07-23-2020 11:24 PM
trsizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trsizemore Click here to Send trsizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email trsizemore Find more posts by trsizemore Add trsizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trsizemore
UKC Forum Member

richard

way back when there was a big fight when the almighty started the bench shows right away the hunters said a show dog must tree his own coon and have a degree but they lost the fight thats why we have 2 different style of dogs in the breed not wanting to argue but just stating facts thanks tim

Old Post 07-23-2020 11:24 PM
trsizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trsizemore Click here to Send trsizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email trsizemore Find more posts by trsizemore Add trsizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Good looking Walker pup!

Old Post 07-24-2020 12:33 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 07-24-2020 01:28 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Show dogs can be real coondogs too

quote:
Originally posted by lukedexter
UKC World Show Champion also UKC Grand Nite Ch. Finley River Little Hawk was obviously a world class show dog who was a 100% coondog.

Hawk has the look I talk about...they are the kind that can get it done alone or with company...

Call it distinguished look or an “air about him”...

Old Post 07-24-2020 02:36 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 07-24-2020 04:32 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 07-24-2020 04:33 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Black Plott
Mr. Osborne, that sure is a pretty Walker pup. I don’t hunt them, but if I ever did I’d want it to look like that little dude.

Pretty pup, I thought it was a Black and Tan....
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 07-24-2020 08:52 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Roberson
Pretty pup, I thought it was a Black and Tan....
Adios,
Gary

He's only a few white hairs from being a black and tan. LOL

Old Post 07-25-2020 12:34 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR

Now that's good looking walker dog right there. Conrad you always have a good looking hound and I'm sure they can get it done in the woods also. Looking forward to getting a chance of getting a pup from you.

Old Post 07-29-2020 01:13 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

My shot dog

Old Post 07-29-2020 04:05 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote