UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Woods Pictures
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rowdykidz
UKC Forum Member

Woods Pictures

Okay everyone! What's your favorite picture of your hounds in the woods and what is your camera of choice used for good pictures?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-2017 06:15 PM
rowdykidz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rowdykidz Click here to Send rowdykidz a Private Message Click Here to Email rowdykidz Find more posts by rowdykidz Add rowdykidz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Gayle's Grays Creek Blueduck HTX, treed in the middle of Wall's Bayou. I just love this picture.

Old Post 03-21-2017 06:30 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Gray

I have a spot that's look just like the one in your picture with one big exception. Our ground has dried up and it makes it a walk in the park. This cypress knees will sure trip you up. I shuffle and drag my feet but when a place like that with every step I tell myself to pick my feet up and place them backdown. Love cypress swamp Picts.

Old Post 03-21-2017 06:37 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Man ole man!!! That looks like there could be big stink'in snakes and gators in there! Ya'all can keep those.

It is a cool picture despite all that could be lurking in it.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 03-21-2017 07:07 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Dublin Ga call phone pic

Old Post 03-21-2017 07:32 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

My favorite cypress picture.....

Old Post 03-21-2017 07:33 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How about this one. She was there for awhile so was taking a break but still treeing when we got there. That is a Wisconsin beech tree.

Old Post 03-21-2017 07:45 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

[IMG]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah49/rlenhart/ 13315467_255227378169196_1852547689461012682_n_zps
qcqbty6k.jpg[/IMG]

I just use my cell phone. If your pics aren't coming out clear try wiping the window on your phone with a little alcohol, when mine gets smudged my pics start coming out foggy. Other than that a cell phone actually works pretty good IMO.

Last edited by RLenhart on 03-21-2017 at 09:15 PM

Old Post 03-21-2017 09:13 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
qchounds
UKC Forum Member

Hank

This is one of my hunting buddies hounds. I took this a few nights ago. I wish I had a good camera- the cell phone doesn't do it justice- It was a pretty cool scene

Old Post 03-21-2017 09:30 PM
qchounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for qchounds Click here to Send qchounds a Private Message Click Here to Email qchounds Find more posts by qchounds Add qchounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Now that is a cool pic.

Old Post 03-21-2017 11:28 PM
Jon Seffern
UKC Forum Member

Dr law male that hates a coon and do whatever it takes to catch one.

Old Post 03-22-2017 04:10 AM
Jon Seffern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Seffern Click here to Send Jon Seffern a Private Message Click Here to Email Jon Seffern Find more posts by Jon Seffern Add Jon Seffern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Seffern

Dr law male that hates a coon and do whatever it takes to catch one.

Oh man, That's bad!!! It's going to kill him one night. My dog does the same thing, just a matter of time before they have a bad fall.

Old Post 03-22-2017 12:33 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

One of my favorites, the camera I use is an Olympus Tough TG-4. It is waterproof and works pretty good. I got tired of buying a new digital camera every time a little rain water got on it. It's not a DSLR, but it has fast enough auto focus to catch action photos in good sharp view. It's not a big camera either...easy to carry along on a hunt in your pocket. They don't all capture in perfect focus though...might have to take a few to get the one you want, many look like this:

What I wouldn't give to have this little dog back.....been a while, this was taken with a Minolta 35mm.

Last edited by msinc on 03-22-2017 at 01:20 PM

Old Post 03-22-2017 12:55 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
My favorite cypress picture.....

Can only imagine what that cypress log would be worth at the mill!!!! Where I live is about as far north as cypress grows, but they don't get anywhere near that big here. I wish we had Spanish moss, but you guys can keep the cottonmouths and gators.

Old Post 03-22-2017 01:14 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That was White River Refuge in Arkansas. There is no telling how old that tree is. They have one that is estimated to be 1,000 yrs old. Now that is a big tree. Does anyone have a picture of one of those big giant spreading oaks from South Georgia? They are cool.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-22-2017 at 03:02 PM

Old Post 03-22-2017 02:58 PM
chip johnson
UKC Forum Member

taken with a cell phone

Old Post 03-22-2017 03:59 PM
chip johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip johnson Click here to Send chip johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email chip johnson Find more posts by chip johnson Add chip johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chip johnson

taken with a cell phone

COOL PIC. TREEING DEER HUNTERS. LOL

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 03-26-2017 03:16 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

My daughter actually takes pictures of treed dogs for people. I don't know what camera she uses, but I do know it was not cheap. I have a couple I could text to someone if they could post them as I am just an old grunt and somewhat computer challenged.

Old Post 03-26-2017 06:21 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote