UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > coon movement during daytime.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bridger80
UKC Forum Member

coon movement during daytime.

how often does any one see coons during daylight hours on their trail cameras?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-28-2020 02:32 AM
bridger80 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bridger80 Click here to Send bridger80 a Private Message Find more posts by bridger80 Add bridger80 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

I seen 2 young ones about 4pm a couple days ago on my way home from work.

Old Post 05-28-2020 02:47 AM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Coon move a lot more during daylight hours than what most give credit. I have some buddies that do quite a bit of day time squirrel hunting. During the rut, it’s not uncommon for them to tree 3-4 coon a day.

Old Post 05-28-2020 02:59 AM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

When it gets hotter, seems like lots of sows with kittens will be down prior to sundown.

Old Post 05-28-2020 04:30 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Tonight

Treed one right before dark then ran a hot track a ways right after dark and slammed it treed. 2 for 2 and done by 9:15

Old Post 05-28-2020 04:52 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

I have three feeders out with cameras on them. coon are feeding at all times of the day and night. looks like between nine oclock and eleven at night has the most movement right now. the most feeding at one time is seven and they were there for an hour or more. have not seen a sow with kittens yet.what is sad is , I have not seen my white coon yet. its been there for three years and now its not coming back.

Old Post 05-28-2020 03:53 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

early coon

This time of year & crops still small, coon can be seen anytime in late afternoons/ early evening. As temps warm up sows are out feeding & looking for water in daylight. As kits get bigger real soon, they can get out on limbs to cool off until it gets dark. Fun times ahead as we start treeing litters everwhere. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-28-2020 07:58 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

I'm ready for kittens to get out and about. Coon here been moving right at or before dark when still fairly warm. Same every year sows wanting some relief from kittens and coming down get drink early. Makes for colder tracks and more dens than normal. I waited until 1 before I left house this morning and got a hot race and feeder track.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-29-2020 02:29 AM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Bierman
UKC Forum Member

In my daily travels, I see them out during daylight hours frequently enough that it doesn't surprise anymore. I am talking from 8-4. I treed a kit 2 weeks ago.

Old Post 05-29-2020 02:38 AM
Eric Bierman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Bierman Click here to Send Eric Bierman a Private Message Find more posts by Eric Bierman Add Eric Bierman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Southbranch
UKC Forum Member

I haven't been able to get my dog out hunting for a few weeks, so i guess he decided he was going to go without me. 3 different times now in the past couple weeks my wife has let the dog out to exercise and relieve himself and he has ended up getting a very long way off treed with a coon on the oustside. All three have been right in the middle of the day. The first one i didn't get to him until about 7:30 in the evening. This is in WV and the coon population is pretty thin, so i would say the coons are out quite a bit during the day right now in this area.

Old Post 05-29-2020 03:10 AM
Southbranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Southbranch Click here to Send Southbranch a Private Message Click Here to Email Southbranch Find more posts by Southbranch Add Southbranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amoskaspar
UKC Forum Member

ive gotten several on my camera mid morning and afternoon, also tree them in the morning when the suns up

Old Post 05-29-2020 03:16 AM
amoskaspar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amoskaspar Click here to Send amoskaspar a Private Message Find more posts by amoskaspar Add amoskaspar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Edinger
UKC Forum Member

There is up to 14 hours of darkness in the winter and around 9 to 10 during the summer , if you eat at 7pm it will be light or dark depending on time of year.

Old Post 05-29-2020 02:50 PM
Richard Edinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Edinger Click here to Send Richard Edinger a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Edinger Find more posts by Richard Edinger Add Richard Edinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Emily
UKC Forum Member

I live in the middle of nowhere, in the mountains. Coon are out whenever the shadows are long,
away from civilization!

Old Post 05-30-2020 03:49 PM
Emily is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Emily Click here to Send Emily a Private Message Click Here to Email Emily Find more posts by Emily Add Emily to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Emily
UKC Forum Member

I live in the middle of nowhere, in the mountains. Coon are out whenever the shadows are long,
away from civilization!

Old Post 05-30-2020 03:50 PM
Emily is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Emily Click here to Send Emily a Private Message Click Here to Email Emily Find more posts by Emily Add Emily to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

back in the 80's when I was a kid I hunted dogs for Bert Oney, I went many summer mornings just as it was getting daylight and treed a lot of coon

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 05-31-2020 12:07 PM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote