UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > sprotdog, dogtra, or garmin/tri-tronics?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coch20
UKC Forum Member

sprotdog, dogtra, or garmin/tri-tronics?

which do you prefer for a training only e-collar system for coon hunting?

Northern Backwoods Kennels

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-15-2022 08:50 PM
coch20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coch20 Click here to Send coch20 a Private Message Click Here to Email coch20 Find more posts by coch20 Add coch20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

If you dont mind carrying a extra receiver..The pro trashbreaker works as good as it gets..Good tone button and a train button if needed that will even correct a stubborn dog..can actually put that and a t5 on one collar if you are not in a hunt and if not mistaken you can leave transmitter in truck in a ukc hunt for after cast retrieval.

Old Post 01-15-2022 09:34 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coch20
UKC Forum Member

John you are correct, and its the reason I'm asking. The gps/trainers are awesome and I'm not looking to replace those. Just replace the stand alone unit for ukc hunts and a second option.
I was looking at the garmin pro 70, dogtra edge rt, and/or sportdog 3225 hunter.

Northern Backwoods Kennels

Old Post 01-15-2022 10:01 PM
coch20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coch20 Click here to Send coch20 a Private Message Click Here to Email coch20 Find more posts by coch20 Add coch20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

I've sold two of them and used a dogtra. Dogtra prongs are much longer or use to be and a great product..Sold a world of 3225 and love the size but just when I needed it most it didn't perform..Pro 70 saves a hundred bucks or so and has no antennas on the collars but it also lacks range if you have a big big hunter..Rabbit dogs here wearing that system you better tickle them on a fast moving track before they get much out of hearing especially in thick brush.Im sure some other guys can give you some real world experiences. Hope all is well!

Old Post 01-16-2022 01:01 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jake waddell
UKC Forum Member

i train retrievers, stock dogs , an hounds so the two collar system is what i use, although i will say that the garmin 70 for big running hounds does not have near enough range anything over 400 yards an its useless, i hunt off 4 wheeler so i can usually run them down within its range, an im in flat ground, would defently go with the trash breaker if u choose garmin, i loved the old tri tronic 70 garmin needs to go back to there design, i do like the bark collar feature on the garmin thats a plus for me. i track with 320 no complaints there.

Old Post 01-16-2022 11:35 PM
jake waddell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jake waddell Click here to Send jake waddell a Private Message Click Here to Email jake waddell Find more posts by jake waddell Add jake waddell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote