UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Sport & Emma
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

I love hunting Satch! I have been getting him out 3 to 4 nights a week. I'm trying to get him out at least two times alone and me and Tim will hunt Satch and his Sis female together the other. He is hunting much better although still not too deep, which is OK by me, I figure it's coming! He has shown that he will split, or honor Tim's female, if she is right. He has run a deer, for a short distance through the field but is much more interested in coon. He has gone as far a 500 yards alone (on a track) but for the most part, he ranges from 100 to 250 yards. He is starting to tree much harder and knows what (Get on there) means. I'm pleased with his progress and he has shown steady improvement each week. He handles good and is a real looker with a very nice mouth. He still gets a little sick in the hull box and is reluctant to jump in but after the first drop, he's much better. I'm looking forward to every night I can hunt him and it's been quite a while sense I've made that statement. If everything goes right, I should have a pretty good coon hound come spring time.

Last edited by Ron Moore on 08-25-2015 at 08:37 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2015 05:44 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Napier II
UKC Forum Member

Hello Ron,
It is good to hear that you are enjoying your young male out of Sport and Emma. There are others out of this cross that are doing well also. You are probably right when you said that after this season your going to have a good hound. Keep him in the woods and good luck with the upcoming season.

Old Post 08-25-2015 01:34 AM
Gary Napier II is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Napier II Click here to Send Gary Napier II a Private Message Find more posts by Gary Napier II Add Gary Napier II to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Napier II
Hello Ron,
It is good to hear that you are enjoying your young male out of Sport and Emma. There are others out of this cross that are doing well also. You are probably right when you said that after this season your going to have a good hound. Keep him in the woods and good luck with the upcoming season.

Gary,
I wonder if you might know who else might be hunting pups out of this litter. I know of George and that's the only one. Did they all stay local? I Haven't heard anything of the one I sold and I lost his contact information....Thanks, Ron

Old Post 08-25-2015 08:44 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Napier II
UKC Forum Member

If I'm not mistaken, there are just 7 that are living now. I only have direct knowledge of 4 of them. Of these 4, all their owners seem to be happy with them. The other three, including the one you sold, I do not have direct knowledge about. Roger kept a female out of the cross and has been letting her run loose at times. He seems to like her and is going to hunt her this fall with his old dog. I think he told Dale that he likes her actions. Daryl Adkins has a male that he really likes. He has been running and treeing his own coon for awhile now. All 7 of the pups have stayed in West Virginia as far as I know.

Old Post 08-25-2015 10:34 PM
Gary Napier II is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Napier II Click here to Send Gary Napier II a Private Message Find more posts by Gary Napier II Add Gary Napier II to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Gary

From the sound of things, this cross was worth making and may turn out to be a great cross. Thanks for the update, have a great day....Ron

Old Post 08-26-2015 01:49 PM
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Been haveing a ball

I've been having a ball hunting my pup "Satch" out of Sport & Emma. He's been pretty much a natural from the start. Treed his first coon at around 8 months old, (alone in the wild). Has been steadily getting better each night I hunt him. Hasn't fooled with trash much either. Good looking rascal too, big ole boy about 70+ lbs with good conformation and a great mouth and disposition. Just a big happy go lucky pup that can flat tree a coon. He turned one year old on 18 Oct and has treed me 6 coon alone sense then and one tree was over 800 yards away. No record by any means but I'm sure pleased with him. With limited hunting he has done as much and even more than my expectations. Thanks George!

Old Post 11-05-2015 06:25 PM
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Ron

It's good to hear Ur liking ole Satch. I finally got out for a hunt last night. First time Izzy had been out since shortly after I bred her. She got after an old cold track and took it out of one holler around face of hill up and through another holler treeing it just over ridge. She showed Sarge he is still young and inexperienced. He tried to work it out of first holler and around face of hill but got so far behind he gave up and went to her. Lol. I'm liking Sarge and he's fun to hunt as he's a classy treedog and will take tons of pressure on the wood. He's the kind that makes dogs pull to him wen he sets it up and starts clicking. He was a natural. He's smart and handles the way one should. Good luck rest of season.

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

And always looking for a better one

Old Post 11-09-2015 11:38 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

George

Yep, those old dogs make it look easy sometimes. Izzy just showed young Sarge that he still needs some time under his belt. Even though Satch is doing well, I know he has much to learn. It's a big difference hunting one alone and not having something to judge it against. I used to have a good friend that I hunted with quite a bit. He had a very nice Walker dog that was a tree dog deluxe. He hunted alone most of the time. One night he came over to hunt and I took my old Bonnie female. His young male struck and pulled around and up the hill and treed. Bonnie went the opposite way with the track and across an old dusty field and way back in the hollow and treed. We went to his dog and he had nothing, we walked about a quarter mile the other direction to Bonnie and saw the coon. His response was, until you have something to measure your dog against, it's hard to see what you have, LOL! Make no mistake, that didn't happen every time, that Walker was a coon dog! By this time next year we'll see what we have in these two young hounds. Heck, they just turned one year old. Good luck George and keep us posted on the progress of Sarge.

Old Post 11-10-2015 11:09 AM
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Buck

I just bought Buck he's off Sport & Emma. He's not been hunted any but will b soon as weather breaks.

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

Old Post 02-12-2016 01:48 AM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Man that's a beautiful hound. Very houndy looking too.

Old Post 02-12-2016 01:07 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Good luck George

He sure is a fine looking rascal. I have given up coon hunting, at least for the near future. Too many Irons in the fire with too little time for all of them. As soon as Tim gets room in his kennel, he is going to take Satch. Satch is a super nice young hound that has all the tools needed to make a top cooner, they just need refined. I'd say that was a fairly good cross from all the reports on the off spring. Good luck and please keep us posted on Buck's progress.....Ron

Old Post 02-12-2016 01:27 PM
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Litter

It was an exceptional cross as the whole litter will run and tree their own coon. I'm hoping Buck makes the grade hounds out of crosses like this typically r the reproducers.

Ron, Good luck on ur next hound and hope ur back at it soon. Tell Tim keep us posted on Satchs progress. Thanks

U guys gonna b @ Ashland next month?

Old Post 02-12-2016 03:05 PM
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Ashland

No sir, I won't be at Ashland, not sure about Tim. I'll let Tim know to keep us updated on Satch.

Old Post 02-12-2016 03:51 PM
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Satch

Just an update on the Satch pup off of Emma and Sport. I have been out with him 3 times in the last week and have seen 6 coon on 3 trees and 2 dens. The last time he treed is as good as I've ever seen him look. Had a fair track but when he hit the tree after a beautiful locate, it was a big loud chop till we got to the tree. He does throw a bawl in on the tree once in a while but you definitely know what he's doing. My good friend Tim Wolfe owns Satch now cause I gave him to Tim when I quit hunting back in the spring but I couldn't stand not going so I'm back at it now. I believe with a little tweaking, Satch will finish in the hunts pretty easy. He hunts good, is an excellent track dog and doesn't hardly ever miss. Big good looking sucker too, that always helps! Figured I'd let you know about one of the pups off of that litter George hope the rest of the litter is fairing well. Have a great day.....Ron

Old Post 09-30-2016 06:53 PM