UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Color
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kphillips
UKC Forum Member

Color

What color do you recommend on a light. Just wondering they usually come in about 3 or 4 different colors. Advantages and disadvantages please.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-27-2014 02:13 PM
Kphillips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kphillips Click here to Send Kphillips a Private Message Find more posts by Kphillips Add Kphillips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip johnson
UKC Forum Member

I like the Amber because it can be used for walking. The red is to dark for me to walk with

Old Post 11-27-2014 03:24 PM
chip johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip johnson Click here to Send chip johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email chip johnson Find more posts by chip johnson Add chip johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robert whitten
UKC Forum Member

being as I had never had a coon fail to look at my carbide flame which throws an amber color I like the amber lens for spotting coons . the amber lens with the ol flicker switch on is all ways a good combo .

Old Post 11-27-2014 03:30 PM
robert whitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert whitten Click here to Send robert whitten a Private Message Click Here to Email robert whitten Find more posts by robert whitten Add robert whitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

I have never been convinced that a coon will look better at a particular color, but i do think if you hunt much in the summer that green is the best at not attracting bugs.

Old Post 11-27-2014 03:36 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Get a Boss Triple Threat. White, red, green, amber. Your choice. All in one head. Just flip a switch.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 11-27-2014 03:37 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99nighttrain
UKC Forum Member

green

I like green too. Fewer bugs in the summer and not as dark to walk with. Can see the tree well with it too

Old Post 11-27-2014 03:40 PM
99nighttrain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 99nighttrain Click here to Send 99nighttrain a Private Message Find more posts by 99nighttrain Add 99nighttrain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Amber works good for me.Can walk with it and coons look at it good.

Old Post 11-27-2014 04:03 PM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

I use amber and find many coons. I don't really know if it's any better than any other color for getting animals to look. We use red {or green if they are educated} to predator hunt, not many guys use amber. I will tell you that for certain, amber is not a good color as far as horse hornets are concerned...they come right after it just like they do a white light. It would seem like the amber would have been good for bugs because those outdoor "buglights" are always yellow in color but it aint so.

Old Post 11-28-2014 03:35 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

I use the red,,,I can find coon with ease and for me it is plenty of light for walking,,I use my red light for walking about 95% of the time,,just not when woods is cluttered with lots of downed trees and or limbs,,then I use my white light,,which still doesn't help,cause I still fall down a lot using it,,,lol

Old Post 11-28-2014 06:28 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote