UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Birdseye view SD card
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Billy Beckham
UKC Forum Member

Birdseye view SD card

Where can a guy buy a SD card with birdseye view already downloaded on it?

PKC CH, GRNITECH Beckham's Hillbilly Bones

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-27-2014 06:27 PM
Billy Beckham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Beckham Click here to Send Billy Beckham a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Beckham Find more posts by Billy Beckham Add Billy Beckham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott
UKC Forum Member

the Birdseye has to be purchased for your handheld, it goes on a card but has to be loaded by the serial number on your unit. Best option is send your unit to someone & have them download what you want on your unit......

Old Post 11-27-2014 06:47 PM
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Click here to Send Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott a Private Message Visit Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott's homepage! Find more posts by Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Add Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Gilland
UKC Forum Member

I just purchased it about a week ago and it takes forever to download. At least it did for me. But once you get it on the alpha it's awesome.

Old Post 11-27-2014 11:49 PM
Steve Gilland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Gilland Click here to Send Steve Gilland a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Gilland Find more posts by Steve Gilland Add Steve Gilland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

I would love to find someone to do this for me. I would be more than happy to buy the birdseye subscription and send my handheld to someone if I have to. I don't want to deal with the aggravation and lengthy download time to do it.

If anyone offers this service, please let me know because I'm not going to buy the birdseye subscription and do this myself. I also don't expect someone to do this service for nothing.

This looks like it would be a great opportunity for someone with a good internet connection and likes to tinker with this kind of stuff.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Old Post 11-28-2014 06:29 AM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

I would love to find someone to do this also,,,I bought the Birdseye ,,,not knowing,,,I had to have wifi Internet so my Birdseye card just sits in my desk,,I haven't activated it yet,,,hopefully I will find someone with wifi someday,,,good luck Billy

Old Post 11-28-2014 06:45 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HemlockPlotts
UKC Forum Member

If y'all have the time to send your unit to TN and get Birdseye put on it, then I have the time to do it. If interested give me a call 423-261-2551.

Tellico Plains, TN

Old Post 11-28-2014 11:26 AM
HemlockPlotts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HemlockPlotts Click here to Send HemlockPlotts a Private Message Click Here to Email HemlockPlotts Find more posts by HemlockPlotts Add HemlockPlotts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Garmin is starting to put a State of Birdseye on a card and selling those ready to go. I think the cost will be about $99
They have 4 western states already for sale.

Old Post 11-28-2014 02:06 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
Garmin is starting to put a State of Birdseye on a card and selling those ready to go. I think the cost will be about $99
They have 4 western states already for sale.

That's kinda steep aint it?

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 11-28-2014 03:04 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

$76 at Cabelas.
I have put Birdseye on 5 different Garmins and while it can be done with enough time and enough grit to not just throw in the towel from aggravation, Garmin desperately needs to make major improvements to the process of putting those maps on a card. I would love to know just how many purchased the Birdseye and never actually got any maps installed. I bet it is a bunch.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 11-28-2014 04:01 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Whatever what the market will bear. I'll bet they sell lots of them. What I wonder is, if you would buy one could you use it on more then one garmin? I'll bet not, you'll have to send the serial number of the garmin you want to install it on. Too much money if only can be used on 1 unit for me.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 11-28-2014 04:22 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Webb
UKC Forum Member

Birdseye

From Jim, "Garmin desperately needs to make major improvements to the process of putting those maps on a card."
Agree 150%
Helpful hint when loading larger areas (Multiple Maps),
keep away from cities & areas where you will never hunt
When 1st map is loading, just keep building maps & mark
"Send to storage card", NOT unit"
Go watch a couple football game or leave computer running overnight

I loaded the eastern 1/2 part of NC for a bear hunter & it took nearly 15 hours
David

Grand Night Tight as a Cord

Old Post 11-28-2014 06:51 PM
David Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Webb Click here to Send David Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email David Webb Find more posts by David Webb Add David Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Gilland
UKC Forum Member

The other thing is you have to download Garmin basecamp. Then from there its trial and error. Im not a computer wiz but I'm also not ignorant on a computer. It took me probably 4 or 5 hours of messing with it to figure out how to do it. Probably 4 hours after that to download it on to my Alpha. It sure would be nice to just buy the Micro SD card. I would of paid 200 after a couple hours of that aggravation. But like I said before it was well worth the wait. Its like looking at google maps!!

Old Post 11-28-2014 07:10 PM
Steve Gilland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Gilland Click here to Send Steve Gilland a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Gilland Find more posts by Steve Gilland Add Steve Gilland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

i was realy looking into geting a 320 jus cus of the birds eye view but is it worth it ??? ive also herd people say it uses twice the battery --it probly same as google earth- SO WAT WUD YOU GUYS RECOMEND THANKS

Last edited by AndyMiller on 11-28-2014 at 10:56 PM

Old Post 11-28-2014 10:53 PM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whats up
UKC Forum Member

I dont buy into the fact that birdseye cant be used on more than one unit. If a person can still your credit card and use it 1500 miles away in an hour somebody can or has figured out how to put birdseye on more than one unit

Old Post 11-29-2014 12:26 AM
whats up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whats up Click here to Send whats up a Private Message Click Here to Email whats up Find more posts by whats up Add whats up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by whats up
I dont buy into the fact that birdseye cant be used on more than one unit. If a person can still your credit card and use it 1500 miles away in an hour somebody can or has figured out how to put birdseye on more than one unit
I would think once it is downloaded onto a sd card,it could be used on any unit,,I can see only 1 unit downloading it,since it is a subscription, if that's the case,how can we buy topo map cards and install them in any unit we want,,Birdseye is the same sd card,,

Old Post 11-29-2014 01:59 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkhutch
UKC Forum Member

Birdseye cant be loaded onto more than one unit with just downloading it onto to the sd card. The subscription has to match with garmin servers on a per unit basis. I have loaded this program on several of my buddy's and mine. I have done probably around 20 of these. I have not found a way around it. I agree it should be an easier process, but once you have the areas you want loaded on your base camp it only takes about an hour if everything goes right. I have about 3.5 states loaded on my base camp and will fit on an 8 gig card with no problems as long as you load it as a lower resolution. Just don't use anything bigger than a 16gig card. I have tried using a couple of 32 and 64 gig cards on some of the alpha's and they don't like them for some reason. I have called Garmin several times on this matter and they never give me an explanation of why this happens.
I have often thought about loading Birdseye onto a bigger server for more storage to get more maps and a better backup. Does anyone know if there is someone that offers services to install Birdseye onto Garmins? I may consider doing this and offering it to customers as part of my technology buisness. Does anyone think there is a need for it? What would be a fair price to ask?

GRNTCH PKC Ch PR Hutch's Big Walnut Boone HTX DNA-V(Haze X Reba)-
2 Time UKC World Top 100
UKC World Top 20 (13th)
UKC Purina Redbone of the year
PKC Redbone CH
UKC Top Producers List
UKC Winter Classic High Scoring Redbone
Co owned with Richard Lambert

GrNtCh PKC Ch One Chance Fancy- (Boone X Toadie)
2018 Autumn Oaks Grand 16
2018 Grand National Redbone
2018 Redbones Days RQE 1st Place

Walkers-
NTCh PKC CH Jeb’s Finley River Peanut- Co owned with Bishop Stallcop
Claremont PKC Legacy hunt Final 4
PKC Breeders Showcase Final 4

Last edited by jkhutch on 11-29-2014 at 06:16 AM

Old Post 11-29-2014 05:53 AM
jkhutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkhutch Click here to Send jkhutch a Private Message Find more posts by jkhutch Add jkhutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Would love to have Birdseye on my Astro, but not putting up with the aggravation. My internet speed isn't the best either, just ask my kids when they want to watch a movie on Netflix.

When I am in a pinch out in the woods, I will either pull up Google Earth on my phone, or MapQuest. Both give me satellite imagery, my location and it's free.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Old Post 11-29-2014 06:33 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote