UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > any one huntin in michigan?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
roger wickerham
UKC Forum Member

any one huntin in michigan?

anyone been out in this cold? i went tonight for a drop first time since deer season started made two dens and no tracks home by 9:00 waiting for a warm up !!(shot a nice 9 point the 16th)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-21-2014 02:47 AM
roger wickerham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roger wickerham Click here to Send roger wickerham a Private Message Click Here to Email roger wickerham Find more posts by roger wickerham Add roger wickerham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Nope, not coon hunting, but have been out in the cold. My youngest and me are rat trapping a small pond, and snagged a nice beaver.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 11-21-2014 03:26 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

I'm trying to focus on deer hunting since the snow is on. My old dog knows better then to show any enthusiasm in wanting to go hunting now, she's a "fair weather" coonhunter

Old Post 11-21-2014 03:34 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

I bet there are guys ice fishing in the morning. I drove by the mill pond on my way to work and see where guys have been out checking the ice. I don't think I can ever remember being on the ice before Thanksgiving. I used to be the first on the ice in my younger days but not anymore. Probably shoot ducks this weekend if I can find some open water.

Old Post 11-21-2014 03:57 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
Probably shoot ducks this weekend if I can find some open water.

Do you hunt the shipping lanes? The ice cutter should have open water.lol

As for ice fishing, the penguins are welcome to it.

Have a good Thanksgiving, Todd and fellow UKC employees.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 11-21-2014 06:49 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Roger,

Hope you got out last night. It was beautiful out, and the hunting was great!

Aim small miss small

Old Post 11-23-2014 05:34 PM
roger wickerham
UKC Forum Member

i did. turned some guys on to coon hunting that had never been (the right way )before had fun treed a few i think igot them hooked they loved it the boy was asking his dad can we get a coon hound!

Old Post 11-24-2014 08:10 PM
roger wickerham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roger wickerham Click here to Send roger wickerham a Private Message Click Here to Email roger wickerham Find more posts by roger wickerham Add roger wickerham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Last night was a different story ... talk about getting soaked. I did hunt with an impressive male walker.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 11-25-2014 03:05 AM
Davebrott
UKC Forum Member

Male walker

Who's Male Larry ?

Old Post 11-25-2014 05:04 PM
Davebrott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davebrott Click here to Send Davebrott a Private Message Click Here to Email Davebrott Find more posts by Davebrott Add Davebrott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Dog's name is Duke. The young man lives over by Paul Patrick. It would seem that trying to remember names of students over 28 years has left my memory for names in very poor condition.

I do know that the dog ran a coon track through a down pour, and poor ole Rain was at lost.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 11-25-2014 06:10 PM
bludog29
UKC Forum Member

I know that dog

Dogs name is down river duke owned by Brian hindenach.

Last edited by bludog29 on 11-27-2014 at 01:12 AM

Old Post 11-26-2014 03:44 AM
bludog29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bludog29 Click here to Send bludog29 a Private Message Click Here to Email bludog29 Find more posts by bludog29 Add bludog29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cmuxlow
UKC Forum Member

Been treeing a few in the thumb.....probably just cause I'm running a walker 😜

Old Post 11-27-2014 09:08 PM
cmuxlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cmuxlow Click here to Send cmuxlow a Private Message Find more posts by cmuxlow Add cmuxlow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
horsepuller
UKC Forum Member

no snow

We are stiil hunting in the southern part down here by ohio and indiana as long as the snow stays away its cold but that dont hurt anything.

Old Post 11-28-2014 03:05 PM
horsepuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for horsepuller Click here to Send horsepuller a Private Message Click Here to Email horsepuller Find more posts by horsepuller Add horsepuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

Re: no snow

quote:
Originally posted by horsepuller
We are stiil hunting in the southern part down here by ohio and indiana as long as the snow stays away its cold but that dont hurt anything.
X2

Old Post 11-28-2014 03:29 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote