UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > help? basset hound itching
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blueman1tick
UKC Forum Member

help? basset hound itching

i just got a basset hound shes 5 so not a pup. i dont see ny fleas but she keeps itching like crazy? any ideas on this. thanks in advance everyone

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2010 04:13 PM
blueman1tick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueman1tick Click here to Send blueman1tick a Private Message Click Here to Email blueman1tick Find more posts by blueman1tick Add blueman1tick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willseeyalater
UKC Forum Member

Look at the feed...to high a protein or to much of something causing an allergic problem or look at dry skin problems and try giving it fish oil capsules. There was a thread going real recently about using fish oil for a supplement and how it helps with skin problems.

There's a huge variety of opinions and views on the feed quality, ingredients and etc. so I would try the fish oil first and see if a month of it does something. It can't hurt and switching feeds is a long drawn out process, especially if you like what you are using now and don't want to switch.

Old Post 03-01-2010 04:28 PM
willseeyalater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for willseeyalater Click here to Send willseeyalater a Private Message Find more posts by willseeyalater Add willseeyalater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southernblueman
UKC Forum Member

allegies- I have a pug that does the same thing vet gives her a shot and it last about 6 months.

Old Post 03-01-2010 04:52 PM
southernblueman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernblueman Click here to Send southernblueman a Private Message Click Here to Email southernblueman Find more posts by southernblueman Add southernblueman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jernizzle
UKC Forum Member

update

Any news on the itching? Did you get it figured out?

Old Post 03-22-2010 04:29 AM
jernizzle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jernizzle Click here to Send jernizzle a Private Message Click Here to Email jernizzle Find more posts by jernizzle Add jernizzle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gfults
UKC Forum Member

Id just scratch him!

Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Pa. Junior
Tenn. Black Lexus( Pa. Junior x Hulios Lil Stripper)

PKC Ch. Tenn. Blackjack- R.I.P.

Old Post 03-22-2010 11:27 AM
gfults is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gfults Click here to Send gfults a Private Message Click Here to Email gfults Find more posts by gfults Add gfults to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote