UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Cur and Feist Classifieds > OMCBA Mountain Cur - 3 yr male
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redriverslim
New UKC Forum Member

OMCBA Mountain Cur - 3 yr male

Male Cur (age 3) Squirrel Dog. Nice pleasure dog. Hunts hard, hustles, stays busy. Usually Ranges between 200 - 300 yards, but I have seen him go farther. He will not leave the country on you, and he will check back with you about every 15 minutes. Hunts in a big circle all around you, usually with his nose on the ground at a pretty good pace. He ain't lazy and he has good drive, and loves to hunt. You do not need to buy a tracking collar to own this dog. He loads up, handles well, will come to you when you call him. He also road hunts. He will stay about 50 yards in front of the truck. He is horn broke and will come to the truck when you honk. When walk hunting, If you can't see him, you can holler at him and he will come back. He loves a gun. When he trees he will bark consistent but not a 80 bark per min kinda dog. He has a decent mouth, but he don't out range his mouth anyway. He watches the timber pretty good, but when you shoot he watches it better. He will timber a squirrel if it jumps tree. He trees with his feet on the tree. He's accurate and he won't pull the trigger unless he's sure its there. For this reason, he prob misses one or two occasionally that's there and he's just not 100% confident on it. He wont retrieve squirrel but he won't run from you with it either. He is a little bit hot nosed, and he chews the tree a little, but usually won't start chewing unless it takes you several minutes to shoot and he gets frustrated. You can tell him to stop and he will. When you first cut him loose, he is gonna mill around and and piss on several trees and empty out a couple times. Once he is empty, then he takes off and goes hunting. He is a really good looking dog, smaller size cur about 37-38 lbs. Real athletic, really muscled up, solid red. He is not gonna win a competition hunt, but he will tree you lots of squirrels if they are there. He is 100% physically sound, no heart worms, parasites, fleas, etc. He is in shape, not fat. I tried to tell everything about this dog, the pluses and minuses. I'll take $1000 for him and that is a very fair price for what he is. I have video I can send and I'm not afraid to show him in the woods. SW Arkansas. 870-703-2071.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-14-2017 12:29 AM
Redriverslim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redriverslim Click here to Send Redriverslim a Private Message Click Here to Email Redriverslim Find more posts by Redriverslim Add Redriverslim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote