UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Night Hawk hounds
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Night Hawk hounds

I am starting just a fun thread for people that like to look at pictures of what other people are doing. All of my dogs are line bred from Nitehawk Roy. Roy was out of Brown's Nitehawk Jake.
I am not selling anything or asking anyone to buy any of my dogs. Undoubtedly there are better hounds and other lines that will work better for most people. They are just hounds but I enjoy looking at other people's hounds so someone might enjoy this.

Last edited by Cliff Thornburg on 01-25-2017 at 02:40 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-2017 02:28 AM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Here are two of my friends showing nice dogs. George Shurvington is showing his nice Mears Finley River female (she was best open female). Kevin Mathis is showing George's plott female. We had a good time at Seligman, MO yesterday. I apologize I do not know the other man or dog, we were a long way from home.

Last edited by Cliff Thornburg on 12-06-2017 at 12:00 PM

Old Post 01-23-2017 02:32 AM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 01-23-2017 02:50 AM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

This is George Shurvington's really nice male Night Hawk male dog. I am unsure of his Ukc name as it might have his Toad Holler prefix.

Last edited by Cliff Thornburg on 12-06-2017 at 12:07 PM

Old Post 01-23-2017 08:19 AM
lincoln
UKC Forum Member

nice job cliff

Old Post 01-23-2017 02:22 PM
lincoln is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lincoln Click here to Send lincoln a Private Message Find more posts by lincoln Add lincoln to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

This is Jeff Wyatt's nice hound Nt. Ch. grand show ch. night Hawk Sid HTX. Jeff has done a good job with this hound.

Old Post 01-23-2017 03:32 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

This is Josh Hoffman and children with Nt. Ch. Night Hawk Abbey. This picture may have been after he did some winning at this years Chicken Choker Classic in Higginsville Missouri. Will try to post pedigree of her and the litter mate male I have.

Old Post 01-23-2017 08:21 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

This what your buddies tree on the night that you cannot go!

Old Post 01-23-2017 08:24 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Here is Nt. Ch. show ch. grand water ch. pr' Night Hawk Smoke HTX. She is the first hound that I raised from hounds obtained strictly for this cross. Thanks to George Shurvington and Rick Salfen for making it happen! I have enjoyed her.

Last edited by Cliff Thornburg on 01-24-2017 at 12:38 AM

Old Post 01-23-2017 08:30 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Here is a picture from our club's big coon contest with my boy. Earl Howell and my dad and boy had a great time. We did not have a perfect hunt but managed to tree some. My boy Finley is sitting on some of Terry Estill and Jim Stacey's coons as well. A mid nite weigh time had Finley pretty worn out.

Old Post 01-23-2017 08:36 PM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Nite Hawks Grand Daughter

Dottie

And her Grand Daughter

Samantha

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by wbond on 01-23-2017 at 09:34 PM

Old Post 01-23-2017 09:22 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the reply wbond. If you feel like it, pedigrees are of interest to me.

Old Post 01-23-2017 10:05 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Nt. Ch. grand ch. night Hawk Sid HTX cannot read.

Old Post 01-23-2017 11:43 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Pr' Night Hawk Nellie HTX

Old Post 01-23-2017 11:45 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

This is Pete Berry, my brother in law, and boy with Ch. Pr'Night Hawk Taz. Taz is twelve months old.

Here are Taz's papers:

Last edited by Cliff Thornburg on 02-03-2017 at 09:35 PM

Old Post 01-23-2017 11:50 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Here is a picture of Ch. Pr' Night Hawk Scout. I do not own a Dalmatian so I throw my black and white dogs up top as the next best thing...

Smoke is riding in the second fire truck.

Old Post 01-24-2017 12:45 AM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Old Nite Hawk himself

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 01-24-2017 08:51 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wbond
Old Nite Hawk himself

That is a nice picture. Was that your dog trailer?

Old Post 01-25-2017 02:29 AM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

These are the papers of the first Nitehawk Roy dog that I owned. Nt. Ch. Nitehawk Scooter. He was also a silver champion. Bill Bentley owned a dog from the cross called Kane. Kane was a nice dog.

He only had one litter I believe and to my knowledge no living direct descendents.

Last edited by Cliff Thornburg on 01-25-2017 at 02:38 AM

Old Post 01-25-2017 02:33 AM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Thornburg
That is a nice picture. Was that your dog trailer?

No I took one year at Autumn Oaks I had breed a female to him but she did not take. Dan Sears was super to deal with

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 01-25-2017 05:20 PM
GES
UKC Forum Member

This post brings back a lot of good memories. I am grateful for the friendships made and the dogs we have enjoyed. Hopefully, we will continue to make some more!

I hunted with Hawk when owned by Dan Sears of Iowa. I was impressed with both the dog and the owner. Later, Hawk was owned by my friends, Darren and Steve Rodgers, of Southeast Missouri.

Old Post 01-26-2017 12:42 PM
GES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GES Click here to Send GES a Private Message Find more posts by GES Add GES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Here is a picture from last year's Mid-Mo CHA club hunt. From left to right Charles Wyatt and Nt. ch. night Hawk abby, Matt Thornburg with gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. night Hawk Sid HTX and Owen Thornburg with Night Hawk Nelly. It looks like they had a good time.

Old Post 01-26-2017 12:54 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Coons seem to really be rutting right now. Did not do very good last. It was blowing extremely hard last night and Finley was sleeping in truck so we called it an early night.

Old Post 01-26-2017 12:57 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

These are the papers for my old Nt. Ch. ch. Dot dog. She is out of the same cross as George Shurvington's Frosty dog. They were both balanced hounds.

Last edited by Cliff Thornburg on 01-27-2017 at 05:50 PM

Old Post 01-27-2017 05:31 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Treed a couple Tonight. Our season of wInding down.

Old Post 01-28-2017 05:35 AM