UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Public hunting ground near Rochester Indiana
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Liberty Hill19
UKC Forum Member

Public hunting ground near Rochester Indiana

Is there any public hunting grounds near Rochester to run a dog on?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-12-2021 09:35 AM
Liberty Hill19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Liberty Hill19 Click here to Send Liberty Hill19 a Private Message Click Here to Email Liberty Hill19 Find more posts by Liberty Hill19 Add Liberty Hill19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Check out Mississinewa Lake about 45 mins southeast of Rochester and Winimac FWA about 30 minutes west, plenty of ground between the two places

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 04-12-2021 04:47 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Liberty Hill19
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Old Post 04-12-2021 05:14 PM
Liberty Hill19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Liberty Hill19 Click here to Send Liberty Hill19 a Private Message Click Here to Email Liberty Hill19 Find more posts by Liberty Hill19 Add Liberty Hill19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jkidd1
Check out Mississinewa Lake about 45 mins southeast of Rochester and Winimac FWA about 30 minutes west, plenty of ground between the two places

JKidd, Thank you for helping this man, you are a First Class Guy and if I get the chance some time, I am coming up to hunt with you. Dave

Old Post 04-12-2021 07:30 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Your welcome anytime Dave, we’ll have a good time!!

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 04-12-2021 08:08 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

jkidd

Thank you, no doubt in my mind I would have a great time hunting with you. Maybe sometime this fall. Thanks again. Dave

Old Post 04-12-2021 10:39 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Blair
UKC Forum Member

Just curious, could you camp and hunt on the Hoosier National Forest this time of year? Not harvest any coon just hunt?

Old Post 04-16-2021 03:53 PM
Mark Blair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Blair Click here to Send Mark Blair a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark Blair Find more posts by Mark Blair Add Mark Blair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Mark

I don't hunt the Hoosier National Forest (too hilly for me!) but our running season is in all year except for a couple of weeks in late Oct/Early Nov..

You can hunt all you want and camp in designated areas.. Pretty nice down there..

Old Post 04-21-2021 01:11 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hall
Mark

I don't hunt the Hoosier National Forest (too hilly for me!) but our running season is in all year except for a couple of weeks in late Oct/Early Nov..

You can hunt all you want and camp in designated areas.. Pretty nice down there..

Larry Hall, You are another First Class Guy, I sure enjoyed hunting with you up in Michigan, just wish the leaves were a little thinner. Guess you can't have much thinner leaves at the first of October, but the hunting was very good. Hope you had a nice season in Indiania. Ron getting sick in late November put a hurt on our coon hunting, we missed all of Dec, Jan and Feb., but got to hunt the first 10 days of March and trees several coons. Dave

Old Post 04-22-2021 02:46 AM
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the kind words Dave.. I enjoyed hunting with you all as well.. Glad to hear Ron got thru the Covid.. The last week of Oct or first week of November (depending on the full moon) is probably the most enjoyable time to hunt MI for me..

The coons are feeding hard in the oak stands on the acorns and the hunting can be incredible.. The weather is usually still really nice as well.. I'm looking forward to Oct already!!

Our hunting here in IN now is quite good.. March and April are probably the best hunting of the year for concentrated coons on the water, temperature and no leaves!!!! Bout another week and they will be on the night crawlers hard in the open fields, that is fun hunting as well.

Probably can tree more coon in August and Sept as the kittens are thick and in the corn, but not nearly as pleasant.. I've got a pup that will be prime right about wild cherry time so looking forward to hunting the hot weather unfortunately!!

Hope you all are well.

Old Post 04-22-2021 02:54 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Larry Hall

You are welcome, you deserve my compliments. You are one of the hardest coon hunters I have ever met, right up there with Ron. Thank you for asking and commenting on Ron's illness. It was definitely a hard road for Ron, but he has mended back up, we have been fishing these days as we do not coon hunt after the kill season goes out. Our summer hunting days are over, but we love to fish until the fall coon hunting starts again. You fish a lot yourself, don't you? Maybe we will make it back up to hunt with you sometime, I certainly hope so. Dave

Old Post 04-23-2021 02:05 AM