UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > frog giggers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
get rythym
UKC Forum Member

frog giggers

anybody on here frog giggers if so how yall been doin

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-05-2012 04:00 AM
get rythym is offline Click Here to See the Profile for get rythym Click here to Send get rythym a Private Message Click Here to Email get rythym Find more posts by get rythym Add get rythym to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter 1984
UKC Forum Member

not too good can't get the ponds i use to have anymore.

My Dogs

1.UKC registerd Walker Male <---Bossman
2.Black And Tan Female<----Cookie
3.Redtick female<----Dixie
4.Redbone female<-----LIL Red

Old Post 08-05-2012 04:03 AM
coonhunter 1984 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter 1984 Click here to Send coonhunter 1984 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter 1984 Find more posts by coonhunter 1984 Add coonhunter 1984 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buggy.paulus5
UKC Forum Member

been doin great its been over a hundred or high nintys prit near every nite so all the bugs are out buzzin around on the water and stirrin up the frogs

Old Post 08-05-2012 04:04 AM
buggy.paulus5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buggy.paulus5 Click here to Send buggy.paulus5 a Private Message Click Here to Email buggy.paulus5 Find more posts by buggy.paulus5 Add buggy.paulus5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
get rythym
UKC Forum Member

i went the other night gigged 16 big ones but only like 4 of them were croakinin good the rest never heard just sittin there...couldnt figure out why they wasnt sayin much

Old Post 08-05-2012 04:14 AM
get rythym is offline Click Here to See the Profile for get rythym Click here to Send get rythym a Private Message Click Here to Email get rythym Find more posts by get rythym Add get rythym to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dburnette
UKC Forum Member

How y'all fixing them legs.

Old Post 08-05-2012 04:37 AM
dburnette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dburnette Click here to Send dburnette a Private Message Click Here to Email dburnette Find more posts by dburnette Add dburnette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

I'VE ALWAYS JUST SKINNED OUT THE LEGS AND FRIED THEM LIGHTLY BATTERED, BUT I WAS WATCHING 'DUCK DYNASTY' AND THEY WERE CLEANING THE WHOLE FROG, CHOP OFF THE HEAD, SKIN IT, GUT IT!!! I MAY TRY THAT NEXT TIME!!!

Old Post 08-05-2012 04:41 AM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

we been doing pretty good down south. lots of rain and right now lots of holes holding water and the frogs are out. to hot to hunt but just right to gig or catch (hand fishing) for frogs

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 08-05-2012 04:51 AM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahinsch
UKC Forum Member

I like to soak them in some lemon juice and water a few hours before cooking. Then lightly bread and deep fry.

Old Post 08-05-2012 05:07 AM
ahinsch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahinsch Click here to Send ahinsch a Private Message Click Here to Email ahinsch Find more posts by ahinsch Add ahinsch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

Me n q was just saying we needed a good mess!!

Droppeed your papers off at the po but they was closed already. They be on their way on Monday though!! U can either text me or pm me when u get them!

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 08-05-2012 05:22 AM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

i was going tonight but my boy was a no show lol, ill be headed in that direction tommorow night.i can eat my weight in frog legs.lol

Old Post 08-05-2012 06:33 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
get rythym
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Christy
Me n q was just saying we needed a good mess!!

Droppeed your papers off at the po but they was closed already. They be on their way on Monday though!! U can either text me or pm me when u get them!

sounds good i'm lookin forward to seein all the bloodline in them..i appreciate you doin all that you did to make sure you got them

Old Post 08-05-2012 01:48 PM
cbcoonskinner
UKC Forum Member

We got enough to have quite a few mess's this winter when the snow is deep thats when they taste the best.

Home of:
Red Eagle Chief

Old Post 08-05-2012 02:45 PM
cbcoonskinner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbcoonskinner Click here to Send cbcoonskinner a Private Message Click Here to Email cbcoonskinner Visit cbcoonskinner's homepage! Find more posts by cbcoonskinner Add cbcoonskinner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

quote:
Originally posted by get rythym
sounds good i'm lookin forward to seein all the bloodline in them..i appreciate you doin all that you did to make sure you got them

I haven't finished with the pedigree thing yet because I keep finding more littermated to dreams mom! I did not realize the reproducing blood that's flowing through her veins till I started. I should finish it this week though. I will either mail or email u a copy of it. You will probably go WOW too! Lol

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 08-06-2012 05:47 PM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawwg
UKC Forum Member

.gigged a bunch a few weeks ago...........lots of frogs, nothin' real big...........

Old Post 08-06-2012 05:53 PM
coon dawwg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawwg Click here to Send coon dawwg a Private Message Click Here to Email coon dawwg Find more posts by coon dawwg Add coon dawwg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

The Wife and I went to a Buffet on Friday Night and Guess What They Had Monster Leggs their !!! And for Farm Raised Frogs they had great Flavor !!

And they were the Size of Chicken Legs

Ate a Mess of them Raskels

Aroma Buffet and Grill !!!!!!! $10.95 inc. Sweet Ice Tea

http://alex0716.wordpress.com/2010/...ffet-and-grill/

Harrisonburg, Virginia

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 08-06-2012 06:50 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robert whitten
UKC Forum Member

we've allways skinned the whole frog . it will amaze you at how much meat is on a frog lol . the front legs taste just like the back legs and it don't look like it , but there is a bunch of meat on the back . of course i can't stand to see someone fillet a fish either . lot of meat gets waisted .

Old Post 08-06-2012 07:27 PM
robert whitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert whitten Click here to Send robert whitten a Private Message Click Here to Email robert whitten Find more posts by robert whitten Add robert whitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
get rythym
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by robert whitten
we've allways skinned the whole frog . it will amaze you at how much meat is on a frog lol . the front legs taste just like the back legs and it don't look like it , but there is a bunch of meat on the back . of course i can't stand to see someone fillet a fish either . lot of meat gets waisted .
how do you fry the whole frog?do you roll them in any flour or corn meal or seasonin?

Old Post 08-06-2012 08:30 PM
get rythym
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Christy
I haven't finished with the pedigree thing yet because I keep finding more littermated to dreams mom! I did not realize the reproducing blood that's flowing through her veins till I started. I should finish it this week though. I will either mail or email u a copy of it. You will probably go WOW too! Lol
sounds like there's alot of good bloodline in her..

Old Post 08-06-2012 08:34 PM
robert whitten
UKC Forum Member

yeah rythem you just roll them in your favorite cornmeal mixins and drop them in a skillet or deep fryer

Old Post 08-06-2012 11:05 PM
robert whitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert whitten Click here to Send robert whitten a Private Message Click Here to Email robert whitten Find more posts by robert whitten Add robert whitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dburnette
UKC Forum Member

Get all you can.

Old Post 08-25-2012 08:53 PM
dburnette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dburnette Click here to Send dburnette a Private Message Click Here to Email dburnette Find more posts by dburnette Add dburnette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

gigged/caught 42 the other night in south georgia. good eating size frogs and i can't tell you how many we have caught this summer. we can go after them till end of october round here. we try to catch them by hand if we can, but always have a few gigs for them ones that lay up deep

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 08-26-2012 12:11 AM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Does Ga have a frog season?

Old Post 08-26-2012 12:24 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote