UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New Rule On Scratched For Fighting Question
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Bizich
Banned

New Rule On Scratched For Fighting Question

Okay . Got it that if dogs are leashed say at a tree or while on leash otherwise and a fight breaks out nobody gets scratched ? Correct?
Need a ruling on what to do in the following situation. This just recently actually happened on a hunt.
One dog lets call it Dog A has been treed and leashed. Tree is closed.
Dog C is still running.
Dog B comes into cover Dog A.
Before it can be caught a fight breaks out.
No one saw who started it.
So, one dog is leashed... one dog is not leashed.
WHAT DOG GETS SCRATCHED RULE IS FOLLOWED?
Nobody? Everybody.

New rule states dogs must be off leash to scratch.

I can see it now. Guy with Dog A cries but my dog was leashed you can't scratch me. You have to and can only scratch Dog B.
Then again maybe this is the answer???

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 11-29-2019 at 01:06 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-29-2019 12:56 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

i would scratch both, just because a dog is leashed doesnt mean he didnt start fight because he's dominating tree, jmo

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 11-29-2019 02:32 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

I'd agree with you except for that darn new no scratch if on a leash rule.
Scuttle afterwards was that Dog B had been in a few other scuffles this past year. So I think that it probably was the instigator.
I'm thinking to enforce this no scratch ,both dogs would have to be on a leash . Other wise you get into too many scenarios of what if like this one.
IMO this does needs a clarification . It is a certainty that can possibly happen in future events.

Think about this though to everyone reading this.
What if Dog A was actually seen starting the fight?
Does it get a pass at not getting scratched because it was on a leash under this rule ?

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 11-29-2019 at 04:09 AM

Old Post 11-29-2019 03:53 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Why wouldn't he get a pass? If they're both on a leash they both get a pass.

Last edited by shadinc on 11-30-2019 at 04:23 AM

Old Post 11-29-2019 04:50 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Re-Read the post....
Dog A was ….on a leash....
Dog B came into the tree and was not yet handled !
Dog B is …. Off the leash !
If Dog A starts the fight .
Does dog A get a pass because it is on a leash ?

Original post says no one saw who started fight .
So who gets scratched under one on ...one off .
Hardly be fair to scratch B just because it is off lead and A is on lead .
I am thinking that all dogs involved should have to be on the leash to escape a scratch.
Only fair way to handle . Will have to wait for the "Powers that Be" to render a decision .

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 11-29-2019 at 03:11 PM

Old Post 11-29-2019 01:58 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

In this case both would get a pass. No scratch on the leash means just that nobody gets scratched as long as 1 is leashed. The only way anyone is getting scratched is if there rolled up fighting and someone wants to save there dog. Otherwise the rules pretty much made us blind,deaf and dumb.

Old Post 11-29-2019 02:08 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

dog B is scratched. Dog A gets a lucky break

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 11-29-2019 02:09 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Now the dog that covers late will not only get ate, he will get scratched for fighting. I guess that they will have to get some new t-shirts printed up.

Old Post 11-29-2019 03:17 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

IF MY DOG WAS AN ALLEGATOR ID GET A LEASH ON HIM ON HIS WAY IN TO TREE

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 11-29-2019 03:30 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pat Bizich
[B]Re-Read the post....
Dog A was ….on a leash....
Dog B came into the tree and was not yet handled !
Dog B is …. Off the leash !
If Dog A starts the fight .
----------------------------------------------------------------------Would it look any better for dog A if B was on leash? According to the rule it's OK. I see this becoming known as the Pit Bull Rule.

Old Post 11-29-2019 04:44 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grntinokla
UKC Forum Member

I would like to see the official answer to this.I can say that if I owned dog b in this scenario,we would go home,whether scratched or withdrawn,and there would be some major discussions about coming in to a dog that has been treed long enough to be leashed at the tree!Of course,I think it would be a short discussion if he came in that late and jumped on a tied dog.

Old Post 11-29-2019 06:09 PM
grntinokla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grntinokla Click here to Send grntinokla a Private Message Find more posts by grntinokla Add grntinokla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by grntinokla
I would like to see the official answer to this.I can say that if I owned dog b in this scenario,we would go home,whether scratched or withdrawn,and there would be some major discussions about coming in to a dog that has been treed long enough to be leashed at the tree!Of course,I think it would be a short discussion if he came in that late and jumped on a tied dog.

The official answer is in the rules. Can't scratch a dog that on the leash.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Old Post 11-29-2019 11:13 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
The official answer is in the rules. Can't scratch a dog that on the leash.

X2

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-29-2019 11:35 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Basically grin and bare it is what it has come too. Most already been doing that for years anyway.

Old Post 11-29-2019 11:50 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crusader
UKC Forum Member

most times when you tie your dog back.
he is several feet away from the tree.
so the dog off leash would have had to come to dog on leash to start the fight.

Old Post 12-01-2019 04:47 PM
crusader is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crusader Click here to Send crusader a Private Message Click Here to Email crusader Find more posts by crusader Add crusader to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okreddog56
UKC Forum Member

COME ON PEOPLE USE COMMON SENSE A DOG ON LEASH TIED BACK OFF OF A TREE CAN NOT START THE FIGHT THE DOG LOOSE HAS TO COME TO HIM AND START IT.

Grnite.ch.Grch.Hicks Rusty .GRNITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY COOTER .GRNITECH(2)GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY DAZY. .NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY JUNEBUG GR.NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS RUSTY RED CUDA . GRNITECH.PKC CH. CHKC CH. TANK. CH.GRNITECH.MYATT CREEK LUCY.CH.GRFDCH.GRNITECH.WADES TREE TIGHT TINA.CH.NITECH.RUSTY RED RUTH

Old Post 12-01-2019 04:57 PM
okreddog56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okreddog56 Click here to Send okreddog56 a Private Message Click Here to Email okreddog56 Find more posts by okreddog56 Add okreddog56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Yes a tied dog can start a fight! We watched a tied dog jump at and try to eat a dog up just for coming by it.

Old Post 12-01-2019 07:05 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVE H
UKC Forum Member

How long will it be before people are turning ole Gator loose with his leash still on. Lol

BLUE GHOST HAUNTED SKY

Old Post 12-01-2019 09:03 PM
DAVE H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE H Click here to Send DAVE H a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE H Find more posts by DAVE H Add DAVE H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

The game has changed. ukc is going to cater to the money boys that only have 1 goal. Win money. Not title hounds, not breed hounds. Just win. Not many will play along and not win because it's not going to be very affordable.
In the past at ukc you could take a young dog that still needed some experience and work along and some will still try to do that but there going to probably figure out in most cases over time it's not going to work out very often as well as in the past. All that said to get to the point, stay treed to win whatever it takes fight or not.

I want to say I was and still am very opposed to the new fighting rules. I feel we are heading down a tuff rd

Old Post 12-02-2019 12:08 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
The game has changed. ukc is going to cater to the money boys that only have 1 goal. Win money. Not title hounds, not breed hounds. Just win. Not many will play along and not win because it's not going to be very affordable.
In the past at ukc you could take a young dog that still needed some experience and work along and some will still try to do that but there going to probably figure out in most cases over time it's not going to work out very often as well as in the past. All that said to get to the point, stay treed to win whatever it takes fight or not.

I want to say I was and still am very opposed to the new fighting rules. I feel we are heading down a tuff rd

I agree. It was a step backwards in getting rid of fighting dogs.

Old Post 12-02-2019 12:59 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Yeah, new rules have yet to take effect and the sky is already falling. Might as well take up golf.

Old Post 12-02-2019 01:16 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I think you are getting to worked up over it. Still be plenty of hunts that you describe where you can take a young unseasoned dog and help him develop. As for the staying treed no matter what, that my friend has been the way it has been for the 35 years I’ve hunted. If they can’t take pressure of all types your winning will be limited. I wish it wasn’t so, but it’s just life. This is one scenario that is getting beat on pretty hard. How many times do you even have a situation where dogs are coming into a leashed dog ? And then how many of those result in a fight? Maybe I’m living under a rock but I don’t see it happening that often. As a whole I see less rough tree dogs today then 20 years ago .

Old Post 12-02-2019 01:48 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Yes , this may be one of those once in a thousand probabilities.
There are lots of instances of odd things happening on hunts .
The fact that it happened is all the proof needed that it is a possibility .
Therefore an official ruling has been requested.
How many times have any of you been on a hunt ,
Had a dog get treed and tree closed while other dogs are still out somewhere else?
Except for adding in the fight factor it does occur many times in many hunts.
The way the rule is worded the plural use of dogs is used.
My opinion for what it is worth which is a big fat -0-.....
Both dogs should have to be on lead at the time of infraction to escape being scratched. Unless as it has always been the dog that started the fight can be determined .

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Old Post 12-02-2019 02:58 AM
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Dog B is Scratched dog A is in the clear.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 12-02-2019 04:18 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Wow. Is all I can say. I'd like to know where all these mean dogs are. I hunt both KFC's primarily pkc. I hunt all over the country. I've seen maybe 3-4 mean dogs in the last 10 yrs. And most were in ukc and them dogs didn't hunt pkc. If your having that many dog fights when your in a hunt you better look at what's on the end of your lead.

As far as wanting an official answer to the question on this thread. If you can read its in the rules. YOU CANNOT SCRATCH A DOG THAT'S ON THE LEASH.

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Old Post 12-02-2019 04:20 AM