UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Looking for a track driving female to breed to in Oklahoma
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bryce Johnson
New UKC Forum Member

Looking for a track driving female to breed to in Oklahoma

I know this post is long, but if you have a nice female, I would take the time to read it.

This is not a normal request I suppose. I have a three year old walker male. "Johnson's Riverbend Willy" I have never had him up as a stud before. He is not a gold champion, or a grand night, and has never even won a competition hunt of any kind. (except a few big coon contests) And he may never win any because I may not take him any.

But he certainly has some positive things going for him. Willy is a running machine. The type of track driver that will leave old and young dogs behind if they are not ready to hustle. His second best quality is his brain power. He is much smarter than most hounds I have been around and it shows in his handling and hunting. He is a powerful tree dog, quick to locate, has a decent mouth, hunts alone or with other dogs, not mean, not trashy, will make some slicks but is pretty accurate. (one time I saw coon in 26 trees in a row) If you send him he will go until he strikes a coon or until you call him back. He will also strike off the rig, out of the back of the truck, inside the box, or out the window if you let him. He is gritty, He has heart and will go all night if you let him. He has hunted in the hardwoods of Oklahoma, California swamps, corn fields, briar patches, hills, and mountains and has performed well in many different types of trailing conditions, terrains, and situations. He is also a bear dog and has run and treed by himself and along with other bear hounds and will flat leave dogs behind. He is even a good pet and can be trusted with kids, cats, chickens, and could even be taken to the dog park. I have not seen another that was better then him by much. I am not here to brag, just to let you know what I have. If you would like dependable references that have witnessed him perform I have plenty. But even better, come hunt and see for yourself.

He is a bit left handed, if a he strikes a runner get ready for a hoe down, and he will get wooded somewhere.

He is a track driver with brain power.
His littermate brother is a track driver with brain power.
His dad was a track driver with brain power.
His grandpa was a track driver with brain power.
If bred right, I bet his offspring will be track drivers with brain power.

With all this said I am looking to breed him to a female or a few females to try and make some real coonhounds or even bobcat or bear hounds. I am not interested in breeding to make money. I have enjoyed him so much and would just like to keep hunting dogs like him in the future that are out of him. I want to see the females hunt before we decide we want to breed. The qualities I am looking for in the female is exactly what he has. I want a track driver with some brain power. He goes back to lipper on top and bottom so if they had similar blood that would be even better, but is not important. If the female has a good nose and mouth and is a strong tree dog that is great but are secondary qualities in what I am looking for.

I am located in Ada Oklahoma and am friends with lots of the local hunters close by. Call if you want to exchange lies, come hunt, want to challenge him, or have a decent female you want to breed. And if you know somebody that fits this description please let them know.

God Bless,

Bryce Johnson
760-977-1414

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-01-2014 12:36 AM
Bryce Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryce Johnson Click here to Send Bryce Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryce Johnson Find more posts by Bryce Johnson Add Bryce Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Outstanding Trackdog

Have you raised any pups out of your male dog and a female of equal
ability?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-10-2024 04:54 AM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote