UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Disabled Veteran cast or veteran/active duty cast at big hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
B-52 Bomber
UKC Forum Member

Disabled Veteran cast or veteran/active duty cast at big hunt

So I was at a local hunt and there was a DV there that just has some trouble getting around in the woods. He doesnt qualify for the veterans cast cause he is under 55. Could or would it be a good idea to put this in the veteran cast rules for someone who is say a 50-100% disabled vet?

Also, it seems like there are a good amount of current active duty and retired military on here. I think a military hunt at one of the bigger sactioned events would be a great idea to push for. Build up some esprit de corps and get some good banter going on in the woods.

What are your individual thoughts on this??

BENTON LA

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2018 03:59 PM
B-52 Bomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B-52 Bomber Click here to Send B-52 Bomber a Private Message Click Here to Email B-52 Bomber Find more posts by B-52 Bomber Add B-52 Bomber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Great idea!!!

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 10-05-2018 05:24 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Retired Vet/100% DV

Yes in theory is a very good idea, I am 100% Disabled (as of 15 Jul),, now to put a monkey wrench in your theory, I do hunt the veterans cast now in then my disability comes from my heart attack Apr of 2017 and triple by pass surgery. Yes VA gave me 100% due to my original blood pressure rating. Let me assure you I still can get around vary well. Some of those you speak of truly do deserve to have a break, but there are others that have a high rating and still can compete well.
I don't have a good guideline that could be used to seperate and then there would always be someone who would cry fowl.

Again a good idea.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 10-05-2018 10:25 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

At the youth hunt in Seneca I judged a real great tough young man from Arkansas who had a disability , there are older coon hunters and varying degrees of Disabled Vets as well. I can get around in the woods fine myself. I would say the most common disability among Vets is hearing loss compared to the rest of their peers in the same age group and demographic. And hearing aids help some but not always , Sometimes they are a problem as well. I know my hearing is sometimes a directional thing , I can hear the dogs okay but the direction is sometimes a problem. I think it might be something worth looking at. Maybe a Disabled Veterans , older hunters and disabled youth cast type hunt in one category. Also these groups tend to hunt a different style of dog as well because of their disability than most Competition hunters. Just my thoughts. S/FI!

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 10-06-2018 01:42 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Hearing Disability

Chuck great idea, Hearing is one of my disabilities and UKC gave me letter authorizing the use of hearing aids. The ones that VA gave me help considerably, however you are right on directional is a problem.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 10-06-2018 03:40 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN COONER
UKC Forum Member

GREAT IDEAS!

Old Post 10-08-2018 08:49 AM
IN COONER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN COONER Click here to Send IN COONER a Private Message Click Here to Email IN COONER Find more posts by IN COONER Add IN COONER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TankLog
New UKC Forum Member

Good thing to bring to light. Anyone who served honorably and enjoys tromping woods still, like i do deserve to participate .

Old Post 10-12-2018 04:31 AM
TankLog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TankLog Click here to Send TankLog a Private Message Find more posts by TankLog Add TankLog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote