UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Southeastern Treeing Walker Days
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Good guides are what you need to make a hunt successful and most of the guides in Union are hunting on game lands and not bringing in good scores. By moving it to Statesville and coordinating with all the local clubs to provide guides, I think this hunt could be back to the hunt numbers that it used to have within a couple of years.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-09-2018 10:24 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.LEE
UKC Forum Member

SETWD

Mr. Robinson, The year I went we drew out to some game lands on a river about an hour from Union. The guide told us as we parked the trucks that the river was about 2 miles from our location. We cut the dogs and had them go straight to the river and never heard a bark, the guide said there was at least 2 other casts that hunted that same spot. the next drop the dogs went deep again and one dog was struck in almost out of hearing I have no idea how deep they was, my potlicker came back in (thankfully) and I called it quits and went home. It is hard to have a good hunt in hunting like that.

Old Post 12-09-2018 11:47 PM
T.LEE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.LEE Click here to Send T.LEE a Private Message Click Here to Email T.LEE Visit T.LEE's homepage! Find more posts by T.LEE Add T.LEE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lee

I agree it needs to be moved.. I just wish more people would speak up on here then MAYBE the board would finally wake up and move it before they kill it all together.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-09-2018 11:49 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
church
UKC Forum Member

Southeastern

I personally think it is bad that none of the board isn't on here telling the members why they want to keep it in union. Bring it to NC VA tennessee anywhere besides SC. This is nothing against union SC has already got Grand American. A lot of people doesn't like hunting down there because of hell hole. If you get the right guide you have a chance to score on coons. But a lot of guides hunts gamelands which hunters have been killing coons on all season. The ones that win in union hunt in NC. A few cast get to come to NC.

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:31 AM
church is offline Click Here to See the Profile for church Click here to Send church a Private Message Click Here to Email church Find more posts by church Add church to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
Mr. Lee

I agree it needs to be moved.. I just wish more people would speak up on here then MAYBE the board would finally wake up and move it before they kill it all together.

I can’t remember, Was you at the meeting last year?

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:36 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
church
UKC Forum Member

Southeastern

What I understand all 5 board members live in SC. So good luck getting it moved gentlemen. I think we are all wishing it will but knowing it ain't going to.

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:38 AM
church is offline Click Here to See the Profile for church Click here to Send church a Private Message Click Here to Email church Find more posts by church Add church to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clinewalkers
UKC Forum Member

Know what ya mean T.Lee

I’ve hunted in union one time and didn’t care much for it. My dog and another dog hunted hard and deep and didn’t strike a coon. Other 2 dogs minused out and 1 withdrew so I had 15 min to hunt by myself. Guide took me down the road and in a different way to (some hot deer feeders) and as I looked at my Garmin we was back in the same patch of woods as we’d been in all night. Guess he thought i was crazy or something. Needless to say his hot deer feeders wasn’t so hot. Didn’t look like they’d had feed in them in a year. Lol. I know I was packing a coon dog that night and he was hunting hard. I really don’t think their were many coons there. Their were a nitech cast across the road from us in some woods that had a dead cast also.

Old Post 12-10-2018 10:46 PM
clinewalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clinewalkers Click here to Send clinewalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email clinewalkers Find more posts by clinewalkers Add clinewalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Why was it moved to Union?

Old Post 12-11-2018 01:19 AM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

Statesville is perfect

Home of:
PR Fitzko's Hardwood Mighty Mouse

Old Post 12-11-2018 10:36 AM
Daniel Fitzko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Fitzko Click here to Send Daniel Fitzko a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Fitzko Add Daniel Fitzko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I can’t remember, Was you at the meeting last year?

Didn’t make it to the meeting last year as I was busy talking with a few guys about my hounds.

BUT I’m a paid member and my opinion should count just as much as any other paid members does.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:30 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
Didn’t make it to the meeting last year as I was busy talking with a few guys about my hounds.

BUT I’m a paid member and my opinion should count just as much as any other paid members does.

I Agree But if you would had been at the meeting you would know that your opinion along with mine and any other paid member Does Not Count! You would also know how the board members are selected (not voted in) you would also know that members aren’t allowed to question our treasure (where all the money goes or how much money they are sitting on), that’s just a few minutes from our last meeting!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-11-2018 03:21 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
church
UKC Forum Member

Southeastern

Each and every members vote doesn't count. It is totally up to the board. The reason it was moved to union was because union pays SETWA to come there. Salisbury sold the parking lot across from the fairgrounds so they had to move but they should have given other clubs the opportunity to see. It should be up to the members all the members to vote and see where they wanted it to go. You notice that no one from union is saying why it should stay down there.

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:05 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

We asked the board to pick 3 locations then let the paid members vote on final location, that was shot down.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:26 PM
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

Love to see it come back to N.C. but if it doesn’t I wouldn’t be shocked. Me personally never been a fan of union since me and a friend went to the Chkc super bowl hunt a few years ago but good luck to them down there

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Old Post 12-13-2018 06:32 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Sounds to me that a whole lot of people like the Statesville idea. I don't really have a dog in the fight as I've not been to SETWD since it moved to Union. Went to Salisbury the last 5 years before it moved and always enjoyed it. Low turnout for vendors/hunters probably has something to do with adding on another 2-3 hours worth of driving for anyone coming from north of Salisbury. There are a lot of people in Va that don't go anymore based on that alone.

From reading all these comments.. the hunting is no good.. the turnout is no good.. more of a flea market than a coonhound event... so why keep it down there? Tried it, didn't work.. move it.

Old Post 01-29-2019 05:43 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Im sure the board is looking at options but I will tell you something about the bunch at Union..They are one of the hardest working group of guys that I have ever seen put on a coonhunt..The grounds are plenty big,the bathrooms are clean,the dog barns can hold a bunch,they have a big enough area to hold big hunting dogs(isnt that what we are their for)..As far as a flea market..I have been a vendor at these events for over 30 years and I see no difference in here or salisbury as to what is being sold..I do see a few less vendors but I also see a whole lot less at orangeburg and also less dogs..East coast events are hard to come by and if we keep it up with the negativity the ones that are trying will give up..I like union if it moves we go where the hunt will be held but if you get to know them guys and see what it takes to put on one of these you definitely would have a different outlook..See yall there,in batesville,in cedar grove,in hillsboro,in salem or somewhere in between

Old Post 01-30-2019 10:58 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topcat
UKC Forum Member

Setwd

I am just plaesure hunter I do enjoy going to hunts I attended Salisbury alot of years and I have been to Union a couple times the facilities are nice but it is a bad location to to me have to drive to far off main interstates to get to it. Alot of my coon hunting friends feel the same way to. I think attendance would be better again it it was moved to a more accessible place in NC. Another note I didn't see a lot of hunters from northern states like I seen at Salisbury.

Old Post 01-31-2019 01:16 AM
topcat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topcat Click here to Send topcat a Private Message Click Here to Email topcat Find more posts by topcat Add topcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

I have regularly attended SETWD for many years but when they moved it to Union I stopped going. The quality of the guides and hunting territory is what did it for me. If it moved back to NC then I would continue that trend.

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Candy's Stylish Swag 2014 VA State PKC top 10 and 2022/2023 Super Stakes Sire & 2022 UKC Performance Sire
GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Late Night Backwater Piper
NiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Risky Ruby
'PR' Stylish Poison Neon Moon
'PR' Stylish Poison Pickles

Old Post 01-31-2019 05:36 PM
deadeye ruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deadeye ruck Click here to Send deadeye ruck a Private Message Click Here to Email deadeye ruck Find more posts by deadeye ruck Add deadeye ruck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
halin
UKC Forum Member

Plenty of land in and around Union! May not be feeder bucket hunting but the hunting is good. People are even better!!!

Old Post 01-31-2019 07:41 PM
halin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for halin Click here to Send halin a Private Message Click Here to Email halin Find more posts by halin Add halin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

If you would have it any other place it would be the same complaints.
You not going to satisfy everyone no matter what hunt it is, FACT

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 01-31-2019 08:11 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote