UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Owens Hardwood Bozo Quiz
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

I had a grandson of Bozo. Mine was off of Steel. Called him Bronco. Granded out easily.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-04-2018 03:24 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hall
Thomasg - you have facts and proof to back this up? I'd like to see it.

Yes i'm quite skeptical of your statement. I've owned several in and around old Bozo and health issues have never been a problem.

He thinks every dog has thyroid Thomasg is an expert just ask him

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 12-04-2018 06:19 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Allen - was that Stone Mountain Bronco off of Steel? I recall him if so.. Didn't Larry Pattison or someone own him for a bit?

Old Post 12-04-2018 09:17 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MR.RATMAN
i could be proven wrong . when i see see a walker stud dog listed in the o.f.a. data bank that test - for autoimmune anti bodies . lol pedigree study and my own limited testing results tell me that the walker breed came from to small a gene pool from the foundation hounds and by line breeding winners and for all grand pedigrees the gene pool has become to small to breed the recessive gene out .

Old Post 12-04-2018 09:45 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MR.RATMAN
i could be proven wrong . when i see see a walker stud dog listed in the o.f.a. data bank that test - for autoimmune anti bodies . lol pedigree study and my own limited testing results tell me that the walker breed came from to small a gene pool from the foundation hounds and by line breeding winners and for all grand pedigrees the gene pool has become to small to breed the recessive gene out .

Old Post 12-04-2018 09:45 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by thomasg

Go troll somewhere else there are plenty of thyroid threads on this site where you can post any and all things thyroid no need to high Jack this thread.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-04-2018 10:04 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Allen - was that Stone Mountain Bronco off of Steel? I recall him if so.. Didn't Larry Pattison or someone own him for a bit?

Pattison owned him, Steve Dunn handled. I drew him twice when Dunn was handling him.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-04-2018 11:17 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

well i could be wrong but i had a walker dog that just passed 3

Old Post 12-05-2018 01:51 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

Had a male pup directly out of Tony's Wild Clover. Lost him and a good female that was bred to Hardwood Maniac due to a flooded creek. I was young and stupid, didn't think I could afford a tracking system. I was so tore up I quit for close to twenty years. Now I've got a Garmin that's worth more than the dog that wears it. I'd dearly love to have another like that pup.

...", nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day" - 2 Timothy 1:12

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we can not be trusted with arms for our own defense?" - Patrick Henry

"Those who would give up essential Liberty,to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Old Post 12-05-2018 02:55 AM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jim - I recall the dog.. Don't think I hunted with him, but remember talking to Larry when he was pushing him..

I like the old Harry blood.. Hard to find and while it's not perfect, it's produced several coon tree'ers..

Old Post 12-05-2018 02:56 AM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greg Coots
UKC Forum Member

I had a grandson to Bozo back in the 80s that looked identical to the Redneck Mafia dog. His name was Shorty his sire was Gr Nite Ch Bridges Drifting Lurch and his dam was Nite Ch Murder Creek Jody she was directly off Bozo.

Old Post 12-05-2018 03:52 AM
Greg Coots is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Greg Coots Click here to Send Greg Coots a Private Message Click Here to Email Greg Coots Find more posts by Greg Coots Add Greg Coots to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:

Yes. He was off of Steve Dunn's old Katie gyp. I got him as a puppy and started him, then eventually sold him back to Steve and Larry. They co-owned him. John Helton in MO had him for a few years, before Steve and Larry bought him back again. From there he went to Tim Durkes and Brandon Stuart in Rochester, IN.

Old Post 12-05-2018 02:16 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I had a grntch female out of a dog called grntch yadkin tar bozo he was out of tar rattler and a bozo daughter and a grandaughter of bozo on the bottom. She was a coondog but would absolutely chew up and destroy a dog pen eat wire in half lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-05-2018 02:36 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Mathis
UKC Forum Member

Hardwood Bozo

Hardwood Bozo line of dogs have always been my favorite and I will list some of the ones I've owned and hunted with ----
GARY'S HICOUNTRY BOZO ---GR NT CH---a direct son---I bought him from Gary Davis when He was 5 and He died at 13.5 years old at my home ---He won many times including several state championships and placed many times in Grand American ----More important ---He was the best hound I ever owned !He was littermate to Nite Heat
MATHIS HARDWOOD LADY ---Nite Champion ---I owned her ---a direct daughter of Hardwood Bozo ---
CHAINS HARDWOOD BO ---GR NT CH---also known as Hardwood Bo owned by Roy Tramble and then Roy and myself.
I could spend all afternoon writing about pups and grandpups off this group of dogs but in short I will name a few.
I owned Mathis Hardwood Bo a pup off Chains Hardwood Bo finished him 16th in PKC World after I sold him to Rodney Boatwright !
Another dog I hunted with a lot and you either loved or hated him but he was automatic and would have been world class in today's word is DAVIS AND BRIDGES MAGNUM owned by Alvin Sneed --He was a direct son off Hardwood Bozo and was Gr NT CH and 2nd in ACHA WORLD HUNT ----
Last dog I will mention is HABITS BAD SON from Arkansas who was National Leader in PKC a few years ago owned by Chad Doolin. He was a gradson off Hicountry Bozo.

Like I said,I could write a book on these dogs and their
descendants.

Thanks to all the breeders who have passed on this bloodline.

Old Post 12-05-2018 07:28 PM
Andy Mathis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Mathis Click here to Send Andy Mathis a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Mathis Find more posts by Andy Mathis Add Andy Mathis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I had a grntch female out of a dog called grntch yadkin tar bozo he was out of tar rattler and a bozo daughter and a grandaughter of bozo on the bottom. She was a coondog but would absolutely chew up and destroy a dog pen eat wire in half lol.

Tar

X2,had a female similar, looked alot like princess just leggier, she was a coondog. Never treed a opposum, or ran a deer. She was silent, except for a occasionally a fox.

Old Post 12-05-2018 10:53 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Here’s a grandson of old Bozo. Son of Hardwood Patch. 21 months old. Three singles and a den last night. Laid up tonight darn it.

url=https://postimg.cc/3dC1JMgb][/url]

Old Post 12-06-2018 01:07 AM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

I bred a daughter to Hardwood Buster, making her a granddaughter to Bozo to Tonys Wild Clover, a grandson to Bozo twice and raised two litters that were extra nice. They were in my opinion late starters. Nearly all never started until 9 months old but progressed steady finishing to nice dogs earlier than most. Good speed and no health problems.
Wish I could get Andy Bedgood to get on here and tell you about Harley but he's not one to toot his own horn.

Old Post 12-06-2018 03:18 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bstuart
UKC Forum Member

Ch GrNiteCh PKC Ch Stone Mountain Bronco

Jason Gillespie will actually be using Bronco semen on his nice Minnie female early next year.

CH GRNITECH P'R' Stone Mountain Bronco (GRNITECH Stone Mountain Steel x GRNITECH Dunn’s Sundown Katie)

Old Post 12-06-2018 11:37 PM
Bstuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bstuart Click here to Send Bstuart a Private Message Click Here to Email Bstuart Find more posts by Bstuart Add Bstuart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Ch GrNiteCh PKC Ch Stone Mountain Bronco

quote:
Originally posted by Bstuart
Jason Gillespie will actually be using Bronco semen on his nice Minnie female early next year.

Lots of memories with that rascal as a pup.

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:37 PM
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Should be some good ones out of that Minnie X Bronco cross.. Minnie is one of the very good ones.. Sigh, wish I had more ambition and time for pups!!

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:32 PM