UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin alpha
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Terrell03
UKC Forum Member

Garmin alpha

Got a new alpha and started some birds eye. Loaded some on sd card and now garmin won't turn on with sd card in

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:39 AM
Terrell03 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Terrell03 Click here to Send Terrell03 a Private Message Click Here to Email Terrell03 Find more posts by Terrell03 Add Terrell03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Terrell03
UKC Forum Member

Help appreciated

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:23 PM
Terrell03 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Terrell03 Click here to Send Terrell03 a Private Message Click Here to Email Terrell03 Find more posts by Terrell03 Add Terrell03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

I’m no expert on these but the limit on the memory size I believe is a 32 gb card. However I have heard of people having problems when using a 32 gb card and they went to a 16gb and smaller and it fixed their problem.

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:41 PM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Terrell03
UKC Forum Member

I'll give that a try I have a 32 SanDisk now. Powers up then fades to black

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:05 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Need several answers before I can made any determination.

Is your battery charged completely?

Very easy to make a mistake and also download the birdseye on the handheld. Sometimes even the handheld and the sd card.

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:05 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Terrell03
UKC Forum Member

Fully charged. Will power up if I take the card out

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:06 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Well there is something wrong with the card.
Possibilities
1. Not installing it correctly-make sure in is in place and the Silver hinged door is SLID DOWN when closed to lock in place.
2. Look at card very closely to see if it has any small cracks.
3. Did you google the type of card to get and get the right one?

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:27 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Terrell03
UKC Forum Member

I got a 32 class 10 SanDisk. What do you recommend?

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:47 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

card should be fine.

How much have you used this new alpha? Go to the home page and from the second page select TRIP COMPUTER and then select RESET. I will show you what percentage of track memory is used up. Yours might be low but worth a shot. Reset it and then try it.

Old Post 01-19-2018 05:14 PM
Terrell03
UKC Forum Member

Brand spanking new. I have a map card coming today but would like to have the birds eye working for other states

Old Post 01-19-2018 05:24 PM
Terrell03
UKC Forum Member

My map card just came. Stuck it in and all is good. Noticed it was a 16gb. Class 4. May get an equivalent and try birds eye again later on

Old Post 01-19-2018 07:49 PM