UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Allen... Just a random thought.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Allen... Just a random thought.

With all of the different ways to win money in UKC I think it would be nice to see different Titles for different dollar amounts. Just something to think about.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-18-2018 01:09 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Yeah, Allen doesn't have enough on his mind right now. I know that the Message Forum sure got lively in the last few weeks. And it is all his fault for stirring the pot with all of those changes.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-18-2018 at 01:17 AM

Old Post 12-18-2018 01:13 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Why doesn't UKC just sell out to PKC???

Problem solved.. Since it seems everyone wants UKC to become PKC......

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-18-2018 01:18 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HOBO
[B]Why doesn't UKC just sell out to PKC???

Problem solved.. Since it seems everyone wants UKC to become PKC......

That’s not it at all. They have titles for everything else. Heck I watched dogs this weekend chase a coon that had been drug behind a 4 wheeler and get titles for it. I feel like a dog winning thousands is more impressive and deserving of a title than a dog treeing a drag. I don’t see why everyone is so bitter about UKC giving away money. I guess they are just happy with making there Book Keeper rich. That’s all a kennel club is “A book Keeper” the coonhunters make or break there business and deserve to get money back.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 12-18-2018 01:31 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
........ I don’t see why everyone is so bitter about UKC giving away money...........That’s all a kennel club is “A book Keeper” ........[/B][QUOTE]

Oh my goodness, are you saying that you think that they should have a big money field trial? I remember when you could go to big money water races.

Old Post 12-18-2018 01:50 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

UKC/MONEY

The money $ KCs have proved to be very successful, I wonder if they would even exist if UKC had been having money hunts back in the day. UKC could have been the only player in the game if they had chosen the money route. It's better late than never, I see UKC gaining ground with this move and other changes they have made. You give the hunters what they want or they play ball somewhere else, now they can have both money and titles hunting in UKC. Dave

Old Post 12-18-2018 02:00 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

There are 2 different groups of hunters. Of course there are some bleed overs or Independants. There is room for and should be 2 different Kennel Clubs. Each one has their base. I think that it is a mistake to try to combine the two into one.

Old Post 12-18-2018 02:35 AM
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
There are 2 different groups of hunters. Of course there are some bleed overs or Independants. There is room for and should be 2 different Kennel Clubs. Each one has their base. I think that it is a mistake to try to combine the two into one.

It may be a Mistake in some ppl’s mind but I’m a Gambling man and I’d be willing to bet about any amount that the entries at the RQE’S are higher this year than last.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 12-18-2018 03:15 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert

UKCS failure to see the need for money hunts was a major reason the $KCS came into existence. The lure of winning big dollars played into their success, now after years of growth in the $KCS, everyone sees that it worked and worked very well. UKC can be just as successful in the coming years having money hunts, I don't see the reason why anyone would object to UKC doing something that has proven to work. UKC hunts have struggled, while the money hunts have grown. UKC has the necessary Club base and with them allowing money hunts they too will succeed. Time for change was needed, I believe it will be successful, we would still be in the horse and buggy days if we listened to the naysayers "man will never fly" attitude. Dave

Old Post 12-18-2018 03:39 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, don't you think that PKC hunts are struggling also. Most local hunts only have 3-8 dogs. Large UKC hunts draw just as many dogs as PKC hunts. Money alone is not the answer.

Old Post 12-18-2018 03:46 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

You are correct, money alone is not the answer, but it definitely helps. Say one goes to a hunt and has a chance to get a win and earn a little money, they would be more likely to go. You have hunted in money hunts, why did you go, if not for the money? Now maybe you are burned out on money hunts, but what about all these younger guys? Us old guys are not the future of UKC, it's all these younger hunters or would be hunters. UKC needs to focus on the future and not the past. We all have choices, we can be part of the solution or part of the problem. Personally, I choose to be part of the solution [hopefully], at least I can say I tried. No shame in failing, the shame is not trying. Dave

Old Post 12-18-2018 04:12 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Oh my goodness, don't you think that PKC hunts are struggling also. Most local hunts only have 3-8 dogs. Large UKC hunts draw just as many dogs as PKC hunts. Money alone is not the answer.

Richard the reason the local $$$ hunts only draw 3 or 4 dogs is you win your $100 you can go to the big show. To run the races only a select few can afford that you ever ran for a truck ticket and got beat out at the last minute ? Most win their $100 then spend $250 entry to take a shot at $30,000. There are $10,000 to $25,000 hunts nearly every weekend. Races are a thing of the past for most hunters.

Jmo

Tar

Old Post 12-18-2018 01:50 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Dave, I went to UKC hunts also in the beginning.. As I said, there is a place for both. And as Tarbaby said races are a thing of the past (that Tarbaby is getting smarter in his old age). And going to those big $10,000/$250 entry fee hunts is too expensive for the regular coonhunter. So UKC hunts are the place to be for the regular coonhunters now. I just hope that UKC doesn't make the same mistakes that PKC has done. At some point those regular young guys are going to realize that they are going broke chasing a dream that the odds are very slim to none that they will ever attain. In UKC the regular coonhunter can win big hunts without it costing them that much. In PKC, you have to be a big money, big name guy to have a chance. I just hope that doesn't happen to UKC.

Old Post 12-18-2018 02:38 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Richard I dealt with a stopped up sewer at the fair building all evening yesterday and I had to darn near stand on my head to turn the water valves on and off and I am down in my back so this chair is in my future for the day.

But on the other hand no matter where it comes from that money at the world hunt is just icing on the cake if your going any way. And I am going to try this year.

Tar

Old Post 12-18-2018 02:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, I hope to see you there.

Old Post 12-18-2018 03:03 PM
jdc
UKC Forum Member

Even if they don't give a title for money it would be nice if they would keep track of the dogs money earnings.

Home of
'PR' Nt CH PKC Ch Rack EM UP Hype
'PR' Hammer Down Ricky Bobby
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Old Post 12-18-2018 04:40 PM
jdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdc Click here to Send jdc a Private Message Click Here to Email jdc Find more posts by jdc Add jdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I will keep track of my dog's earnings and let everyone know.

Old Post 12-18-2018 04:51 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Richard I dealt with a stopped up sewer at the fair building all evening yesterday and I had to darn near stand on my head to turn the water valves on and off and I am down in my back so this chair is in my future for the day.

But on the other hand no matter where it comes from that money at the world hunt is just icing on the cake if your going any way. And I am going to try this year.

Tar

You open your back door and Iowa is just a few steps. That's cool!

Old Post 12-18-2018 04:53 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Hmmmmmm I thought we done had a discussion over that lol.

You Hoosiers are hard headed.

Tar

Old Post 12-18-2018 05:05 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Yes, Allen called Tarbaby and asked him where he wanted them to have the hunt.

Old Post 12-18-2018 05:40 PM
yadkintar
Banned

It's about 10 hours from being in my back door !! Curtis knows that he just likes to rev me up.

But $10,000 will make the ride home not to bad lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 12-18-2018 05:51 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Tar, join the tw ass. and go to tw days and you got 20,000$ to play for and you will drive less than 5,000 miles. At least I think that's what they offer. Please check before you join

Old Post 12-18-2018 05:57 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, I am going to paint some spots on my Redbone. Do you have to actually own a walker to join the association?

Old Post 12-18-2018 07:48 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Oh my goodness, I am going to paint some spots on my Redbone. Do you have to actually own a walker to join the association?

No but you have to win with a Walker to get it. My husband is a member of several of the 7 but unless he could win with their breed I doubt any would pay up. They all want your money but all expect loyalty.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-18-2018 08:09 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Well darn!

Old Post 12-18-2018 10:38 PM