UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 64 65 [66] 67 68 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

upload image free wap

Took Sheba down river tonight to a swamp that I haven't hunted in a few months. Cast her off an old woods road into a hardwood and Cyprus swamp with a slough down the center of it. She went in 300 yards and struck a cold track and moved it on in another 200 yards and made a circle and came back down close to the road that I had come in on and locked up treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up three hardwood trees growing togeather. I shinned for a few minutes, but If he was there I never could get him to look. I'll be glad when some of these leaves are gone. We made our way back to the four-wheeler and called it a night. It sure was hot out there tonight.

Please say a prayer for the ones that are in Hurricane Dorians path.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-04-2019 at 05:58 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-04-2019 05:43 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

To start of tonight Clayton and his wife and me went to a football game where Clayton's son Carson and Chris's son Carter plays on the football team for Columbia Academy I think the are 13 and 14 year old. Chris is their coach. I'll have to say Chris has these young guys playing at the top of their game. I think the finale score was 38 to 8. After the game was over Clayton and Chris and Carson and me decided we would go for a hunt. We came home and loaded up Sheba and headed to the river. We cast sheba down a branch that runs through the swamp and she went in about 100 yards and struck and moved the track on in another 200 yards and locked up treed. We moved around on another woods road and rode to within about 20 yards of her. She was treed up a medium sized oak and Clayton found the coon pretty quick. We left it to run again, loaded Sheba up and moved on down the swamp. We cast Sheba again up an old slough. She went in a ways and struck a cold track and started working it. She moved it on in to 500 yards and locked up treed. We moved up an old 4-wheeler trail up the side of the slough a ways and walked on it The slough was about ankle deep in mud and water. She was treed up a hugh hardwood tree out in the middle of the slough. We started shinning and Claytons said he seen the coon. Now Carter didn't even have a light. Clayton asked him where he saw the coon and Carter told him up there on the side of the tree. We all got to looking and sure enough there was a coon. The smallest little baby coon I have ever seen in the woods. The only way it could have made that trip was for the Mama coon to have carried it. If you look at the picture, you can see the knot on the tree and that's the little coon right above it. I'm sue the mama coon was some where up in the limbs above, but we didn't want to bother them any more so we leashed up Sheba and made our way back to the 4-wheelers and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-11-2019 at 07:10 AM

Old Post 09-11-2019 06:18 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

anonymous pictures website

Took Sheba back in on the river tonight. Cast her up a branch that runs into the river. She moved in about 300 yards and struck, moved the track on in to about 350 yards and locked up treed. I moved around to within about 100 yards of her and walked on in. She was treed up a hugh oak wit a big vine in it. I searched for the coon a few minutes and finally found him sitting up near the top. We left him to run again and moved in closer to the river. I cast her off an old woods road. She made a circle and struck back behind me and moved back in toward the river and treed. I walked in t her and sshe was treed up another oak. I shinned for a few minutes, but if he was there I could not get him to look. Sheba had done got pretty hot, so I decided to take her to the river and get some water. I let her stand in the cool river water and drink for a few minutes, but soon seen some gator eyes headed our way from across the river, so we decided it was time to move on. We went on up the river aways and cast again. She went in about 200 yards and struck a cold track and moved it on in another 200 yards and locked up treed. I made my way to her and she was treed up another oak tree. I shined for a few minutes, but again If he was there I didn't see him, but with my eye sight that's nothing unusual. It amazes me when I am hunting with Clayton and his boys or Chris and his boys how well they can find the coons and a lot of the times I cant see the coon with them trying to show him to me. Of course on a night like tonight probably at least 75 degrees with all these leaves and a full moon. I guess I did pretty well. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-13-2019 at 06:38 AM

Old Post 09-13-2019 06:03 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba down river a little ways to hunt tonight. Cast her off an old woods road. She went in 200 yards and struck a working track and moved it on in another 150 yards and locked up treed. I made my way into her and she was treed up a medium bushy tree. some of the limbs went into bigger trees and I figured the coon had crossed out, but he was in the tree where she had treed. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and moved on in closer to the river and I cast Sheba again. She went in about 400 yards and struck. The garmin showed her right close to the river. I always get a little worried when she gets in close to the river. I've never lost one to a gator, but I have had some friends the did, and I knew that there was several big sloughs between me and her and those big gators lay up in them. The Garmin showed her staying close to the river, after watching her for a little bit staying in there close to the river. Finally my worries got the best of me and I hit the tone button. She immediately headed my way. She was soaking wet when she got to me so I knew that she had swum across at least one of those sloughs. I sure was glad to see her. I petted her up and loaded her up. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-17-2019 at 06:43 AM

Old Post 09-17-2019 06:17 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Clayton and his son Carson and Chris came by last night and we loaded up Sheba and headed to the swamp. Cast Sheba down a spring fed branch That winds through the swamp on its way to the river. Sheba went down it a couple hundred yards and struck a working track. At first she went to he right for about 100 yards and located on a tree and hushed and in about a minute she was back to the left of where she had struck and moving the track on out. She shifted gears on him and crossed a 15 year old planted pine field that's pretty thick. she went into the lower end of an old slough and came back down it and crossed it and went back up the other side. She made that circle twice and then the coon decided to head for another slough. he got about half way to the other slough and Sheba locked up treed. We had to go around close to the river and come back up another woods road. she was treed up a big hollow oak. I hated it was hollow, I would have like to have seen that one. We don't get many that will run like that one did and I sure enjoy a good race. We move on down the river and cast sheba on down it. She went in a ways and struck a bad track. She worked it on down river a ways and locked up treed. We walked in to her, She was treed in another large oak. Chris found the coon pretty quick and we left it to run again. Carson had to go to school this morning so we called it a night.

Steve you should have been with me on that race, you would have enjoyed it and I know Bo would have and Sheba could have sure used the help.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-19-2019 at 11:51 PM

Old Post 09-19-2019 11:16 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

upload photos url

Loaded Sheba up tonight and went back on the river back behind my house. Cast her up a branch that runs through the swamp and empties into the river about 100 yards down from where I turned her loose. She went in about 100 yards and struck a cold track moved it on in another 100 yards and treed. Iwalked in to her, but it was so thick in there than I could no see anything. We walked back to the 4-wheeler and moved on up the river and cast her off an old woods road. Again she went in about 100 yards and struck a cold track, moved it in on the river and treed. I walked in to her. If he was there I could not get him to look. We moved on up the river. Again I cast Sheba off the woods road. She went in about 300 yards and struck a working track and moved it on in another 200 yards and treed. I went around on another woods road to get closer and walked on in to her. She was treed on a big vine going up into a big oak. I shined for several minutesand shook the vine that she was treed on, but did not see anything. There was another vine going up into some limbs that were close to the tree she was treed in. I shook it and still didn't see anything. I was about to give up and decided to walk out and look one more time on the other side of the tree and there he sat right in the top. I'll be glad when these leaves are gone. we left him to run another night.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-21-2019 at 06:26 AM

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:52 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Good Races

We would have loved to been there on that good race Mr Jack. Bo had a good race the other night. Remember when Blue took a track out of Bo’s Bottom across the little county road, across the cutover and way over by some Hot Wire Fences? Bo had treed back below hog back ridge and I went and got him then we had to round Blue up? Remember I thought Blue might have been trashing in a fox or Yote? Bo went the same exact route the other night and teeed 45 minutes later and one and a quarter miles from where he struck. Had a Big Coon with a Jet Black Tail that you couldn’t see the rings on it hardly. I believe Blue was running that same Coon that night. Bo ran him a while like he was looking at him. Love a race from a good ole Warrior Coon. We been hitting it fairly steady. Getting ready for a trip to Indiana and Ohio in a couple weeks. Then back to the house a week before Rose has pups. Got her whelping pen ready today. She definitely gonna have pups. Glad to see you out and about pretty regular. Give me a shout sometime and we will get together. Take Care.

Old Post 09-22-2019 01:35 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Sounds like you may have some of the health issues figured out. Glad to hear your enjoying getting out with the hounds. Where abouts in Ohio you going?

Old Post 09-22-2019 02:11 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Ohio

I’m doing fair Ron, thanks. Just keep marching along, that’s all we can do. Headed to Glouster Ohio, Burr Oak State Park and Wayne National Forest. Going to meet TG Moody. I went to Old Mans Cave many years ago and we will be site seeing the area for 4 days. I’m bringing Bo and gonna hunt him a couple nights in Indiana but I know in Ohio you can’t run them til November. Which is crazy. States like that need to change their laws and have a running training season for houndsmen.

Old Post 09-22-2019 03:53 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Steve we can run our hounds all year round. Kill season starts in November. If you get up mid state or so let me know. I might be able to arrange a hunt with you.

Old Post 09-22-2019 04:07 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out for a run tonight. She dropped in about 450 yards and treed one. I walked in to her and she was treed up a Gum and a Turkey pine growing side by side. I shined for a few minutes but as thick as it was there could have been a bear up there and I would not have seen him either. I thought it was going to be a little cooler tonight, but I believe this was about the hottest night I have hunted this year and it is so dry, I don't see how a dog smells anything. We called it quits after the first tree.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-01-2019 at 03:57 AM

Old Post 10-01-2019 03:48 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11 and Bell

cute boy and girl names

Jeremy came by tonight and we loaded up Sheba and Bell and headed to the river. We cast them down a branch and they went in about 100 yards and struck a pretty good track and moved it on in another 100 yards and both dogs locked up treed. We walked in to them and they were treed up a tree in the middle of the branch Jeremy found the coon pretty quick and we left him to run again. We moved on down the river and cast them up an old dry slough and hey went in about 300 yards and struck a cold track and moved it on over to another slough and treed. We walked in to them and they were treed up a hollow tree that was loaded with vines that went out into other trees.If he was there we never could find him. We moved on down the river a ways. I have a deer feeder in the direction that we were going and we decided o check it out. There had been one there, but hemust have been there long before dark. They finally moved it on out and got it treed. We made our way to them and they were treed in some thick stuff. Jeremy cleared him out a spot where he could see a little better and I went in and shook some bushes and he looked at him. Jeremy said he looked like a small coon. We left him to run again. We made our way back to the 4-wheelers and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-04-2019 at 09:05 AM

Old Post 10-04-2019 05:16 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Loaded Sheba and my 4-wheeler up and went a few miles down the road to a place I haven't hunted in a couple of months. I usually drive a couple of miles back in there, but tonight after I got started back in there I saw that they had recently reworked the roads in there and we had gotten a little rain the last couple of days, so as soon as I could find me a place to turn around, I did so, and came back out of there as I didn't want to mess those boy roads up. When I got home I unloaded Sheba and the 4-wheeler and went down the road a piece and went in on the upper side of the river road and went about a mile back into the swamp. Cast Sheba into a pine and hardwood swamp. on back in there is what we call Dry Creek and it is that until the rainey season. Right now is just some pot holes here and there. Sheba went in about 300 yards and struck a working track and moved it on out of there. There were times that I could barely hear her and I knew that she was in the creek. The creek bluffs are from 10 to 15 feet high. She moved on in to about 475 yards and locked up. I walked in to her and she was treed up a hugh oak on the other side of the creek.I had to find me a spot to get down the creek bluff and back up the other side. There were some of the limbs extended over into a hugh Turkey Pine. I started shinning and blowing the squaller and I found the mama coon and 3 little ones that had made their way over into the Turkey Pine. We left them to run again. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Old Post 10-08-2019 05:38 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 1

Old Sheba still getting it done a 11 years old.

Turned Sheba down a spring fed branch. She went in about 100 yards and struck an old cold track. She worked it down the branch for about 200 yards and turned right off the branch and went out close to an old woods road and came back down close to where I was sitting on the 4-wheeler and went about 50 yards past me and locked up treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a big white oak. I shined for a few minutes, but I never could get him to look. The old girl has always had a wonderful nose on her. I petted her up good and brought her home. That little trip had about wore her out.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-18-2019 at 03:25 AM

Old Post 10-18-2019 03:09 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Turned Sheba off an old 4-wheeler trail. She went in about 350 yards and made a right hand turn and then turning back toward me and made a couple wide circles in there and went in toward some fields and then came on in. She never struck. I loaded up and went on down the river to where I have a deer plot. I have a camera out down there and I wanted to check the card in it. I decided since we were already there to turn Sheba loose and see if there was a coon around. She struck a good track pretty quick and moved it on in through some thick stuff to the back side of it and then turned and came right back through it and on across the bottom side where I don't have anything planted and on through another thick place an on in toward the river. Just before she go to the river she locked up treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a Hugh Oak. I couldn't see the tree for all the smaller trees. I walked back out to an opening and I could easily see the tree for it was a lot taller than the rest and there sat the coon about 3/4 of the way up in some limbs out to the left of the tree. We left him to run again as I probably couldn't have hit him anyway as far off as I was. It was a pretty night to be out.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-19-2019 at 03:39 AM

Old Post 10-19-2019 03:17 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

[url=https://postimg.cc/Y4Lrhf1m][/url

Took Sheba to the river swamp tonight. She struck three cold tracks and treed them. They were all up hugh oaks and I failed to get any of them to look. There is a lot of rain coming in after midnight so we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-25-2019 at 04:53 AM

Old Post 10-25-2019 04:47 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

picture to url

It had been a few nights since I had Sheba in the woods due to all the rain we have had. I don't think I have ever seen the river to keep rising so slow yet keeps on coming for this long with out any added rain. For the last several days it has been rising about 6" to 12" a day and is still rising. Me and Sheba went up river tonight and hunted West of the river road. Our first drop Sheba went in about 200 yards and struck and moved the track another 75 yards and locked up treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a large oak. It was a hard tree to shine and If he was there I couldn't get him to look. We moved around to the north side of the cattle farm that we were huntng on. We ran up on the owner of the farm that was out checking cattle and talked to him for a few minutes. He told me to catch-em all. We told him we would and moved on. I turned Sheba down and ole slough that was full of water and she moved in about 300 yards and struck a cold track and moved it on in another 300 yards and locked up treed. I got to about 200 yards of her on the 4-wheeler and walked on in. A few yards before I got to her there was a branch with about 6 foot bluffs on each side, and I know I don't have to tell you which side of that branch she was on. They are always on the other side. She was treed up a large oak. I finally found him up close to the top. Sheba had not had one in a while so I knocked this one out to her. Afterward we made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-06-2019 at 05:39 AM

Old Post 11-06-2019 05:09 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

"PR"Misty River Ramblin Blue Lace

The newest addition to Misty River Kennels

---------------Ch.Gr.Nite Ch.Maile's Blue Petes Bob

----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Mailes Blue Sue's Rattler

---------------"PR"Mailes' Blue Rudy's Sue

-----Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Ramblin Blue Smoke

---------------Gr,Nite Ch."PR"Racket Ridge Slim HTX2

----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Racket Ridge Weezie

---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River Blue Cricket

"PR" Misty River Ramblin Blue Lace

---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Double Springs Bodacious

----------Ch.Gr.Nite Ch.Goodson's Rowdy Bocephous

---------------Gr.Nite Ch.Ch.Davis White River Salin Sadie

-----Washington's Blue Fly

---------------Gr.Ch.Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Treeslamin Blue Hillbilly

----------Gr.Nite Ch.Owl Creek Barbra Jean

---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Lawransons Blue Elle

Last edited by Misty river on 11-07-2019 at 03:16 AM

Old Post 11-07-2019 02:43 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

upload photos

Took Sheba up to the cattle farm tonight. Turned her up a drain and she headed north for a couple hundred yards and turned east for about 350 yards and then south for a couple hundred yards. and then came back in. We moved on up the swamp. and I cast her again off an old woods road. She headed east for about 400 yards, and then north for about 200 yards and hit the road that I was on and came in. It was plain to see that the coons were not moving tonight. I think the coons were smarter than we were. It had been about 70 degrees all day and it was still running close to that, but the weather was suppose to change a little after dark with rain and wind coming in, but for right now every thing was calm, it was cloudy but a nice night so far. I decided to move to a spot down toward the river and hopefully stay out of the backwater as Pearl River just started to go back down from its last flood. As we were leaving the farm it started misting rain, but it stopped and we went on to the river. I turned sheba off an old an old woods road and she went in 150 yards and struck a cold track and moved it on in another 100 yards and locked up treed. I went around to another road and got to within about 50 yards from her and walked in. She was treed up a hugh Turkey pine. It didn't take long to hind him sitting on a limb up close to the top. We left him to run again and called it a night. It started raining on us about 75 yards before we got to the house.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-12-2019 at 05:47 AM

Old Post 11-12-2019 05:11 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Lace

Pretty Pup Mr Jack. Glad to see you got ya a new project. Keeps us off the couch on these cold nights if they show they got the tools. The way she’s bred I’m sure she will. Take Care.

Old Post 11-12-2019 11:49 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Ramblin Ruby and old Sheba

Ruby and Sheba getting their exercise in the coon pen. They had a Squirrel treed when I got over here and that's a good thing. This is Ruby's first day to run in the big pen.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-18-2019 at 07:01 PM

Old Post 11-18-2019 06:57 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

img upload free

Took Sheba down south a little ways tonight. Cast her off an old woods road. She went in about 250 yards and struck a working track, worked it on out toward the main road. I was headed around to cut her off at the main road when she came treed. I got around there and she was treed about 50 yards from the black top road. I walked in to her and she was treed up an oak tree. I found the coon pretty quick. I decided to knock it out to her. When I shot the coon lodged and is still there. Wasted coon. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-19-2019 at 03:05 AM

Old Post 11-19-2019 02:56 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

photo upload site

Took Sheba in on the river tonight. We had a good hunt. She did her thing and I sat at the 4-wheeler and listened and watched her on the Garmin until she treed and then make my way to her. The first one she treed was in a tall Tuplar Gum. I found him pretty quick setting way out on the end of a limb that still had a bunch of leaves on it. The next one she treed was pretty deep in and she treed it in a hugh Oak. I finally found him about 3/4 of the way up sitting in a bunch of vines. It was a beautiful night out tonight. The temperature was about right and it was cloudy. Just a good night to be out enjoying Gods great out doors. I think the rain is suppose to be coming in later tonight. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-22-2019 at 03:46 AM

Old Post 11-22-2019 03:19 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba back to the river tonight. Pretty cool tonight riding the 4-wheller. Turned her off an old woods road. She went in on an old branch and struck a cold track. Worked it into about 400 yards and loaded up treed. When I got to her she was treed on a tuplar gum in the edge of the slough. I didn't find him on the outside, but it was hollow and I could see where the wet coon had went into the hollow. We loaded up and went on down the river and I cast her close to a deer plot. She went on in a couple hundred yards and struck and moved it on in a ways and treed. I went around on another 4-wheeler trail and got close to her. She was treed up some big vines going into a hugh oak. I found the coon pretty quick. We left it to run again. It was getting colder, so we decided to call it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-03-2019 at 02:36 AM

Old Post 12-03-2019 02:19 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Old Post 12-06-2019 05:35 AM