UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Ideas for stud dog.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Ideas for stud dog.

I have a stud in mind, but he is coming 12 years old. If he can't get it done... What is you all's idea of a stud that might work. I like line breeding, will not consider inbreeding. AI is ok, traveling 500 miles away is also ok for live cover. I believe the right cross is worth it. Sammie is UKC and PKC reg.
And go...

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Last edited by harleydan1956 on 02-22-2019 at 08:34 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-22-2019 08:29 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

stud

Have you considered the Bullet II semen?

Old Post 02-22-2019 09:21 PM
Kenbev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenbev Click here to Send Kenbev a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenbev Find more posts by Kenbev Add Kenbev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueboy71
UKC Forum Member

Bullet 2 semen or Traveler out him.

Old Post 02-23-2019 12:10 AM
blueboy71 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueboy71 Click here to Send blueboy71 a Private Message Click Here to Email blueboy71 Find more posts by blueboy71 Add blueboy71 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Hooked or Leon

Old Post 02-23-2019 12:45 AM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trey melton
UKC Forum Member

Stud

Bo didley- mailes rattler x tuckers boomer female owned by chance irving or meads blue jack- tuckers boomer x b & ds ruby owned by jeremiah lynch

Old Post 02-23-2019 12:53 AM
trey melton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trey melton Click here to Send trey melton a Private Message Find more posts by trey melton Add trey melton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Re: stud

quote:
Originally posted by Kenbev
Have you considered the Bullet II semen?

Have thought about it seriously. But it hasn't been performanced for 2019

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.

Old Post 02-23-2019 04:17 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bubba D's Blues
UKC Forum Member

Ever thought about a heavy Utchman bread stud?

Old Post 02-23-2019 08:30 AM
Bubba D's Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bubba D's Blues Click here to Send Bubba D's Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Bubba D's Blues Add Bubba D's Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Dan

Don't sell yourself short on your good female and choose a stud that compliments her and anything that she may lack. I too will be looking for a good stud in the future if things work out and there are many to choose from. If you are interested in the winners circle then go with what is consistently winning not just making champions but winning at a high level. There is a huge amount of studs out there that are titled out and offered up to the public but how many are winning at a high level or siring pups that do the same? When it comes time for my good female to get bred, (Lord willing) I will go to this type of hound no matter what his bloodline reads, as long as it a Bluetick. I've bred some pretty good females to some top studs in the past with average results. Any cross may prove unsuccessful but if you're gonna pay good money, go for what you want. When I go for a stud I will be looking for fast track speed, hunting fast with good winding ability and good manors with a good personality. We already have enough tree and independence now. The good females in this country carry as much weight as the studs so do them justice and get the best you can or can afford, LOL! Good luck with Sammy and I hope all goes well.

Last edited by Ron Moore on 02-24-2019 at 03:37 PM

Old Post 02-24-2019 03:34 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Weaver
UKC Forum Member

Have you considered the Big Country dog

Old Post 02-24-2019 04:21 PM
Brian Weaver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Weaver Click here to Send Brian Weaver a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Weaver Find more posts by Brian Weaver Add Brian Weaver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jerrod Lawrence
UKC Forum Member

The Bullet II semen should be a good cross on your female. I kept a littermate female to Sam that I was going to breed to either Bullet II or another Bullet son. Unfortunately, she was stolen while hunting one night and I never got the chance.

I would also think awful hard about contacting Rich Eversole and seeing about maybe breeding to some of the frozen semen he has stored on his old Pilot dog. He was a littermate to Sam's mother, Dixie, and was a nice hound that died here at my house of old age. The Albert III/Jane cross was an outstanding cross, with every pup in it running and treeing their own coon well before a year old. I doubt doubling up on the cross would be a bad thing, and it might work out great going back to it on your female. Just something to think about. Good luck with your female and whatever route you go.

Old Post 02-24-2019 05:34 PM
Jerrod Lawrence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerrod Lawrence Click here to Send Jerrod Lawrence a Private Message Click Here to Email Jerrod Lawrence Find more posts by Jerrod Lawrence Add Jerrod Lawrence to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawk32
UKC Forum Member

another line bred option for you. I have seman off my old Dutch dog stored at never gone. He's directly off bullet. Had great luck crossing back on rat and other bullet females. Mark Hoss and Derek Hiat have a female off dutch that is similar bred to your female that has done a lot of winning in Chkc hunts. Believe she is 3rd or 4th. He was as high as 5th on rep list before he passed. Lots of great options out there right now but your interested in a line bred cross he'd be another option.

Home of:

Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Tree'n Blue Dutch RIP
Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Sweet Blue Brandy RIP
Grand Nite Ch Dutch and janes blue Girl

http://dutch32ia.tripod.com/

Old Post 02-24-2019 09:10 PM
Hawk32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawk32 Click here to Send Hawk32 a Private Message Click Here to Email Hawk32 Visit Hawk32's homepage! Find more posts by Hawk32 Add Hawk32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCOTT E JONES
UKC Forum Member

Brush Creek Guss

Check out Brush Creek Guss in Lucasville Ohio on Bluetick Stud page.

Old Post 02-24-2019 10:07 PM
SCOTT E JONES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCOTT E JONES Click here to Send SCOTT E JONES a Private Message Find more posts by SCOTT E JONES Add SCOTT E JONES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

wouldn't mind you looking at lonesome II on this cross. your more than welcome to come hunt with him and several of his offspring.618 839 3572

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 02-25-2019 03:26 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jared Lawrason
UKC Forum Member

Nice bred female she would probably cross good on just about anything.

GRNITECH PKC CH Lawrason's Blue Elle(9/25/01-6/25/10)
GRNITECH PKC CH Owl Creek Barbara Jean(9/15/07-11/15/19)
GRNITECH CH Muddy Creek Spikes Crow(B&D's Spike x Barbara Jean)
GRNITECH GRCH Vining Nail(6/20/10-3/6/21)
NITECH CH Johnson's Blue Widdle (GRCH GRNITECH Hollycreeks Treetalkin Smokey x NITECH GRCH Holly Creeks Treeslammin Katie)
NITECH Code Blue Sue (Bocephus x Barbara Jean)

Old Post 02-25-2019 06:21 AM
Jared Lawrason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jared Lawrason Click here to Send Jared Lawrason a Private Message Click Here to Email Jared Lawrason Find more posts by Jared Lawrason Add Jared Lawrason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze P.
Banned

Last thing i would worry about is a stud being in the performance program.

Old Post 02-26-2019 12:50 AM
Blaze P. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze P. Click here to Send Blaze P. a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze P. Add Blaze P. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rustydonley
UKC Forum Member

Leon

Old Post 02-26-2019 01:21 AM
rustydonley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rustydonley Click here to Send rustydonley a Private Message Click Here to Email rustydonley Find more posts by rustydonley Add rustydonley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pine Log
Banned

Big Country, Or Herrons Ace, go with $winners

Old Post 02-26-2019 01:39 AM
Pine Log is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pine Log Click here to Send Pine Log a Private Message Find more posts by Pine Log Add Pine Log to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tyman
UKC Forum Member

Leon's Darkside he has proven that he throws the right kind

GrCh(2)'PR' Whiskey Run Murph's Sasquatch
*2014 PA Show Dog of the Year
*2014 Jim Hogan Memorial Best of Show Male
*2015 PA Show Dog of the Year co-winner
*2016 BBOA PA State King of Show, GrCh Male
*2016 Little Mountain Music BOB
*2016 World Show Qualified
*2016 BBOA Zone 2 King of Show, GrCh Male
*2017 BBOA Zone 2 Youth National King of Show
*2018 Little Mountain Music GrCh Male
*2018 World Show Qualified
*2021 Little Mountain Music GrCh Male
*1 win toward ACHA Ch
GrCh 'PR' Whiskey Run Abominable Snowman
*2019 World Show Qualified
Ch 'PR' Whiskey Run Clear Blue Moon II
*2018 Little Mountain Music High Scoring Bluetick
*2018 Little Mountain Music Class and Breed
*2020 World Hunt Qualified
*2020 World Show Qualified
*2021 PA State Championship Ch Male
*5 points towards FCh
FCh GrCh(2) 'PR' Whiskey Run A Storms A Brewin
*2015 PA State Youth Championship BOB Female
*2016 BBOA PA State Queen of Show, GrCh Female
*2016 Little Mountain Music High Scoring Bluetick
*2016 Hogan Memorial GrCh Female
*2016 BBOA Zone 2 Championship Queen of Show, GrCh Female
*2017 BBOA Zone 2 Championship Queen of Show, GrCh Female
*2017 World Show Qualified
*2017 BBOA PA State Queen of Show, GrCh female and Overall Show dog
*2018 GrCh Female at ICTHA English Sectional
*2018 World Show Qualified
*1st place towards NiteCh
*Grand Final Line and Tree win towards GrFC
Gone but not Forgotten:
Ch 'PR' Mullens Murph the Smurf II
Ch 'PR' Whisky Run Clear Blue Moon
'PR' Whiskey Run Rock Bottom Sandy
Whiskey Run Tree Dancin Daisy

Old Post 02-26-2019 02:21 AM
tyman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tyman Click here to Send tyman a Private Message Click Here to Email tyman Find more posts by tyman Add tyman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cascade Creek
UKC Forum Member

Get ahold of tony hodge about traveler. With her pedigree he would love to breed her. I own a female out of traveler that I really enjoy. Goes hunting good and gets to herself and stays put. Everyone I’ve asked about traveler says he is a coondog and reproducing good. With limited females brought to him.

Old Post 02-26-2019 04:55 AM
Cascade Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cascade Creek Click here to Send Cascade Creek a Private Message Click Here to Email Cascade Creek Find more posts by Cascade Creek Add Cascade Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

I never thought so many would respond. Gave me many options. I am studying pedigrees and puppies produced. I know you don't get the stud, but what he reproduced. I also know behind the stud produced him. And I see what bloodlines crossed with other bloodlines well.
I am happy to say, 4 out of 5 of my females were born here, 3 made nite Ch quickly, 1 has a first win in her first hunt, the other split treed and held at 6 months old. I do alot of studying and asking questions before I breed. Am I perfect at choosing? Of course not. But I do everything I believe in to try to improve my odds of a good litter.
There may be more studs to be listed and trust me, I will check them out. Sammie isn't due for 2 months. I have time to research.
Again, thanks everyone.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:

Gone but never forgotten

Last edited by harleydan1956 on 02-26-2019 at 04:36 PM

Old Post 02-26-2019 03:59 PM
T. Hodge
UKC Forum Member

Stud

I've got Ch Grnitech PR HULSES WHITE RIVER TRAVELER he is 2019 performance nominated and a super stake sire he's a son of BULLET 2.

(TRAVELER X PR HODGE'S SMOKEY RIVER BLUE FLY)
NITECH PR HODGE'S SMOKEY RIVER BLUE JOE
(TRAVELER X NITECH PR SPENCER CREEK BUSY)
NITECH 'PR' HODGE'S SMOKEY RIVER BLUE DIXIE
(TRAVELER X PR GREENS OKLA RIVER DIXIE)
NITECH 'PR' BLAYLOCKS CACHE CREEK JILL
(TRAVELER X NITECH PR TWIN MOUNDS TROUBLES)
Ch Nitech Tulsa Tyme
(Traveler X Gates Monkey Faced Molly)
NITECH 'PR' HODGE'S RATTLIN BLUE JET (PIAZON X GRNITECH PR RATTLERS BLUE SKY)
NITECH CH 'PR' ROCK CREEK BELLE
NITECH 'PR' HENDRIX OZARK BLUE PAP-RIKA HTX.
Tony Hodge
PH# 918-606-6621

Old Post 02-27-2019 03:53 AM
T. Hodge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T. Hodge Click here to Send T. Hodge a Private Message Click Here to Email T. Hodge Find more posts by T. Hodge Add T. Hodge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Started checking. Got a few to get ahold of.
Thanks everyone!

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:

Gone but never forgotten

Old Post 03-05-2019 01:26 AM
stacy thompson
UKC Forum Member

Oz

Don’t overlook oz. He is a nice hound and a nice dog. He can compete in any level.

----Grnt dancer
---Grnt piazon
----Pr brook (cozspanky daughter)

Grand nite champion HTX OZ PKC (little over $3200 won) Ukc and SS SIRE

----Grnt boomer
---Ntch alice
----Grnt ruby

Dogs Of The Past:::

GR NITE BARKER CREEK BLUE PONCHO
CH NITE CH Limbhanging Big Willie
Gr Nite Sid's Big Tina
GR NITE WIZARD OF OZ (HTX)

Old Post 03-05-2019 02:58 PM
stacy thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stacy thompson Click here to Send stacy thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email stacy thompson Find more posts by stacy thompson Add stacy thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

Lots of options

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 03-14-2019 09:55 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

Lots of options

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 03-14-2019 09:55 PM