UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 13. Scratched for Fighting
Scratch For Fighting While Off Leash and During Hunt Time Only?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, per the proposal. 36 46.15%
No, per the current rule "under the authority of the judge". 42 53.85%
Total: 78 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

13. Scratched for Fighting

13. Scratched for Fighting.

• Change rule to scratch dogs for fighting or attempting to fight during hunt time only and shall further include while dogs are off leash and during any time out periods during the hunt.

2019 UKC RULE PROPOSAL CLARIFICATIONS AND NOTES
Be advised, the following notes are the opinions/statements of those who submitted the proposals and may or may not necessarily reflect the opinion of UKC.

PROPOSAL 13: This rule keeps dogs from getting scratched while in the dog box or while on leash. Sometimes dogs do not get along as well with others when sharing small spaces in a box with a strange dog when they otherwise don’t have temperament issues when on the hunt.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-25-2019 01:42 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Cheyenne's opinion is his responsibility as a judge should begin when he states "cut em'" and should end when the last tree is scored. It is impossible to police dog boxes in others trucks during transport and happenings at the grounds are the responsibilities of the host club not assigned judges hunt judges should be just that judge the hunt.. Judges are not babies sitters for up 4 or even more trucks and upto 8 individuals before a hunt begins and after until the cards are turned in.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-25-2019 06:36 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Cheyenne's opinion is his responsibility as a judge should begin when he states "cut em'" and should end when the last tree is scored. It is impossible to police dog boxes in others trucks during transport and happenings at the grounds are the responsibilities of the host club not assigned judges hunt judges should be just that judge the hunt.. Judges are not babies sitters for up 4 or even more trucks and upto 8 individuals before a hunt begins and after until the cards are turned in.
👍👍

Old Post 06-25-2019 06:50 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Shakey ground here. I have personally witnessed two dogs get into a fight while still on the leash as the judge was calling for them to be released. Might be a rare occasion but it happens . On lead ,off lead . It is still a fight.
Some hunt rules spill over to bench shows and dogs too. So if two dogs ,on club grounds, on a leash, waiting to show get into a fight . Do they get a pass because they are on a leash? Waiting to show and not actually in the arena?

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 06-26-2019 at 09:31 AM

Old Post 06-26-2019 09:25 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Bizich
Shakey ground here. I have personally witnessed two dogs get into a fight while still on the leash as the judge was calling for them to be released. Might be a rare occasion but it happens . On lead ,off lead . It is still a fight.
Some hunt rules spill over to bench shows and dogs too. So if two dogs ,on club grounds, on a leash, waiting to show get into a fight . Do they get a pass because they are on a leash? Waiting to show and not actually in the arena?

These are Nite hunt rule change proposals not bench show changes.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-26-2019 09:31 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Some are going to say this doesn’t apply to coon dogs , but I say it does. A friend of mine has hog dogs . They are cur an American bull dog mixed . He can turn them loose in the yard or put them in the dog box together an their well mannered. But when it comes hunting time you have to watch them . We hunt out of a boat a good bit. You better keep them tied apart because a fight will break out. You better find hogs pretty quick or they will get bored an a fight will break out . Some will say they are mean. I don’t think that way. A dog is no different than a human. It’s excitement level gets high when it’s doing what it loves to do an bred to do. Coondogs are no different . No am not promoting a fight or saying let them fight. It’s what I mean when I say it’s gonna happen. Yes there are flat out mean dogs that needs a bullet . When you walk in between a dog an the tree it’s treeing on an it bites you , I say it’s excited so to speak. Face barking, it’s aggressive behavior . But again it’s excited to be treeing. In no way am I saying let them fight . People is just wanting to scratch dogs for being just that a dog. Sometimes we have to use a little common sense an scratch when it’s really needed not just because we can.

Old Post 06-26-2019 10:44 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

A mean dog is just the same as a babbling dog to me when people know it and use it for an advantage. When a fight breaks out the mans demeanor that owns the dog means a lot the way I will handle things.

Tar

Old Post 06-26-2019 10:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:

This is the problem, its a really rare event that you have two dogs get in a fight and then release the dogs together and not have a problem. Or have one of the 2 that got into the fight get onto another dog. It isn't saying they are mean it just happens sometimes but once they get started a lot of them cant turn it off. If a dog fight breaks out in a dog box its more than likely fixing to happen in the woods also. Count on it.

If you got a dog that jumps another one on the leash it needs gone, not turned loose with everything else because the two hours hasn't started yet. For a judge its not hard. If you see the fight in the box or on the leash then scratch them. If you didn't see it go on with the hunt.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-26-2019 11:27 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

quote:
These are Nite hunt rule change proposals not bench show changes.

Exactly! Bingo!

So per the proposal it will be okay for hunt dogs to get into a fight on a leash and no scratch but at a bench show dogs will still be scratched?

As I stated hunt rules can and do cross over to bench show dogs such as two dogs that fight. Another case point. The 5
win requirement .

I over analyze every thing so don't mind me.
But really many of the rule proposals that have been submitted need either revised/ reworded or a little more thought of the possible consequences of the changes.

This is why everyone is on here debating .

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 06-27-2019 at 04:49 AM

Old Post 06-27-2019 04:40 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

See, don't use that word lol, you don't have to see. And how do you as a judge watch the dogs in your cast at the club house and while driving to and from hunting ground in separate trucks? Judges should no be responsible for judging actions not related to the "hunt". They are judges not baby sitting If they fight during the hunt scratch them. People's actions on the grounds and even dogs should not be the responsibility of the judge. A good portion of the time a card comes in with the winner and the judge may not but his authority goes until the card hits the table. And how in the world can cast members vote on this stuff when they are probably not all present to be a witness?
Question?? What do you do if dogs get into a fight before the cast is drawn out? With people you can write them up for misconduct.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 06-27-2019 04:43 AM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
See, don't use that word lol, you don't have to see. And how do you as a judge watch the dogs in your cast at the club house and while driving to and from hunting ground in separate trucks? Judges should no be responsible for judging actions not related to the "hunt". They are judges not baby sitting If they fight during the hunt scratch them. People's actions on the grounds and even dogs should not be the responsibility of the judge. A good portion of the time a card comes in with the winner and the judge may not but his authority goes until the card hits the table. And how in the world can cast members vote on this stuff when they are probably not all present to be a witness?
Question?? What do you do if dogs get into a fight before the cast is drawn out? With people you can write them up for misconduct.

If they fight before draw out you do not do anything with them. If they fight in a truck and no one seen it you do not do anything with them, But if they fight and the judge sees it they are scratched. You do not have to go around monitoring everything before you cut them loose. Its been like this sense the beginning and has not been a problem. Its not the judges responsibility unless he is made aware of it and then if he sees it he can scratch. Two dogs that have just been in a fight do not need cut loose with other dogs period.

That rule has a purpose to keep dogs that have been fighting out of the woods with other dogs. There is no extra burden on the judge to make sure they do no fight. If he sees it fine if not that's fine too.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-27-2019 04:42 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I think the existing rule works pretty good, lets leave it. I hate a rough dog, and I want him out quick, too many get a pass.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 07-01-2019 08:31 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

When the judge gets the scorecard he's in control of the cast. If a dog fight happens anywhere scratch them.

Old Post 07-16-2019 06:56 PM
coondogedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogedog Click here to Send coondogedog a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogedog Find more posts by coondogedog Add coondogedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote