UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rather Breed to A Dual or Grnitech
Breed to Dual or Grnitech?
This poll is closed.
Dual Champion 2 2.25%
Grnitech 16 17.98%
Dual Grand 27 30.34%
Doesn't matter 44 49.44%
Total: 87 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rowdyridge101
UKC Forum Member

Rather Breed to A Dual or Grnitech

I am just curious on if a person would rather breed to a Dual Champion or just a Grnitech?

Bluetick
CCH GrNiteCh Grch"PR" Williams What Now Roho 2016 UKC World Champion Bluetick Male on the Bench
GRCh "PR" Heavens Misery Makin Missy
American Leopard
CCH CH "PR" Rowdy Ridge's Midnight M.I.A

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2017 06:23 PM
rowdyridge101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rowdyridge101 Click here to Send rowdyridge101 a Private Message Click Here to Email rowdyridge101 Find more posts by rowdyridge101 Add rowdyridge101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If you can't hunt with the dog and all you have to go on is titles, I would think the more the better.

Old Post 09-19-2017 09:20 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Better off hunting with the one you want to breed to or hunt with pups off of him. There are some out there that have all the titles that can't do it by themselves to save their life.

Old Post 09-20-2017 11:01 AM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

You didn't list it as an option, but I'd rather breed to a reproducer. Titles are easier to obtain now than anytime in comp hunting history.

Last edited by H.W. Moore on 09-20-2017 at 12:22 PM

Old Post 09-20-2017 12:07 PM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rowdyridge101
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by H.W. Moore
You didn't list it as an option, but I'd rather breed to a reproduced. Titles are easier to obtain now than anytime in comp hunting history.

Your right I didn't. But I have to say if titles are easier to obtain the the reproducer's off Spring are just made up titles so then it's really not a reproducer. Also what about young stud dogs that don't have enough litters on the ground to know if they reproduce.

Bluetick
CCH GrNiteCh Grch"PR" Williams What Now Roho 2016 UKC World Champion Bluetick Male on the Bench
American Leopard

Old Post 09-20-2017 12:24 PM
rowdyridge101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rowdyridge101 Click here to Send rowdyridge101 a Private Message Click Here to Email rowdyridge101 Find more posts by rowdyridge101 Add rowdyridge101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

You gotta compile the data given. If a stud has a significant number of titled pups, some are likely coondogs. I won't breed to an unproven stud personally, but if he has an impressive win record and a good pedigree some people will give an unproven stud a chance. Its a coin toss either way, great dogs are sometimes great reproducers & great reproduces are sometimes great dogs..

Last edited by H.W. Moore on 09-20-2017 at 12:38 PM

Old Post 09-20-2017 12:33 PM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rowdyridge101
UKC Forum Member

Here is the Problem. We all breed to this dog because the data says he can reproduce. But it takes more than just the stud dog to reproduce.

Bluetick
American Leopard

Old Post 09-20-2017 02:06 PM
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

If I was to make any breedings, I would look for a reproducer regardless of any titles.

Having titles on a dog comes with too many variables to make a judgement based on that alone.

Old Post 09-20-2017 02:16 PM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jjlute
UKC Forum Member

Eye Test and knowing what your stuff crosses well on

Like was said before, hunt with the dog you are going to breed to and hunt with multiple of his offspring if you can. When we were breeding our old male, some of the best pups got into pleasure hunters hands and they were/are never put into a hunt, but are probably better than 75% of the dogs being hauled to a hunt this weekend.

Research what bloodlines your dog crosses well and look for studs with those bloodlines.

But I guess if I was going to pick one of your choices in the poll it would be a grandnite because I couldn't care less about benching. Not that there is anything wrong with, I have a lot of friends that love it, but it does nothing for me.

RIP : GRNITECH 'PR' HARDWOOD HOLLY - 2012 Ashland Bluetick Days Friday Nite Ch Winner and double cast winner, 2012 WTDA Grand National Champion

JJ Lute - 330-987-7125

"Speed is great, accuracy is EVERYTHING" - Wyatt Erp

Old Post 09-20-2017 02:33 PM
jjlute is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jjlute Click here to Send jjlute a Private Message Click Here to Email jjlute Find more posts by jjlute Add jjlute to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rowdyridge101
Here is the Problem. We all breed to this dog because the data says he can reproduce. But it takes more than just the stud dog to reproduce.
Agreed, there are many variables. No one truly knows what crosses will work. Its not a science, it's an educated guess. Many believe if they have a well bred winning male dog they have a stud, which isn't always the case.

Old Post 09-20-2017 03:13 PM
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by H.W. Moore
Agreed, there are many variables. No one truly knows what crosses will work. Its not a science, it's an educated guess. Many believe if they have a well bred winning male dog they have a stud, which isn't always the case.

Don't go saying that too loud... might hurt some fellers feelings.

Old Post 09-20-2017 03:21 PM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

On the flip side there's a bunch of pleasure dogs in backyards who probably are excellent reproducers..

Old Post 09-21-2017 02:27 PM
rowdyridge
UKC Forum Member

It all comes down to personal choice
Depends on if you want your pups to sale or make your self happy.
Things I like in a dog may not be what is popular at the time
I have seen alot of all grand Bloodlines I wouldn't have on my place and have seen some Bloodlines with little to no titles make coon dogs
There is a difference between a comp dog and a coondog and every now and then you will get both. Alot of it is genetics and alot of it is the person putting time in a pup.

GRNITECH GRCH PR WILLIAMS WHAT NOW ROHO
GRNITECH GRCH PR Rowdy Ridge's Smoke'n Mirrors HTX
CH PR ROCK'N W'S DOUBLE SHOT OF REGRET
PR Rowdy Ridge's Midnight M.I.A
PR Rowdy Ridge's American P.O.W

Old Post 09-23-2017 10:17 AM
rowdyridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rowdyridge Click here to Send rowdyridge a Private Message Click Here to Email rowdyridge Find more posts by rowdyridge Add rowdyridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote