UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > All Breeds Classifieds > GA Dog Breeders Please!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
juliaheid
UKC Forum Member

GA Dog Breeders Please!!

There is pending legislation that will affect us all!

I am not sure I can post a link here, but I will give you the url so you can copy and paste. I am a GA resident and a member of The Calvary Group, so I know the link will take you to the bill in question.

A summary: Georgia HB 144 includes dogs, cats, and equine.

Existing state laws already require State and County inspections for all breeders who have three or more breeding female dogs or cats.

Creates the opportunity to change the number of animals sold to less than 30 at anytime.

Classifies all breeders, even in-home ones, as a "Pet Dealer or Pet Dealership" This changes the law to mean that any person purchasing or selling a dog, cat or horse must be licensed with USDA in order to buy or sell.

Forces a Health Certificate, which is the proof of shipping for the USDA to be required for any dog, cat or equine bought or sold into or out of the state of Ga. This overrides the face-to-face exemption given by the USDA for non-shipping breeders.

Restricts all purchases for those living in Ga. to get the approval of State of Ga in order to buy or to sell a dog, cat or horse.

Removes the individual discretion from a breeder by mandating added vaccinations, risking the health and well being of small breeds, by refusing to recognize vaccines given by non-approved sources.This removes the discretion of a breeder to vaccinate their own animals, or to adjust the dose to fit the size of the animal without causing a vaccine reaction. (Note: This does not apply to rabies, but simply puppy and kitten shots.)

Be sure to add your zip code in the box when you visit the link, so your letter will go out to all your GA Congress folks and to the Governor!!

http://the-cavalry-group.rallycongr...a-oppose-hb-144

Thanks!

Julia

Last edited by juliaheid on 02-23-2017 at 05:03 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-2017 04:57 PM
juliaheid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for juliaheid Click here to Send juliaheid a Private Message Click Here to Email juliaheid Visit juliaheid's homepage! Find more posts by juliaheid Add juliaheid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote