UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Babbling fix all
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, she treed coon and did a good job, but don't take that as a signal that everything is changing. One dog didn't keep the strike running all night she went the opposite direction and was out of hearing. That was a 2 hours hunt and there were in coon. On a 1 hour hunt a dog that strikes first and gets deep with a coon would have beat her. It's just how it works.

http://www.sunspothuntinglights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC Ch CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-29-2017 04:35 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

I thought dominating was the goal?

Old Post 03-29-2017 04:36 PM
rob thompson is online now Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Tar, she treed coon and did a good job, but don't take that as a signal that everything is changing. One dog didn't keep the strike running all night she went the opposite direction and was out of hearing. That was a 2 hours hunt and there were in coon. On a 1 hour hunt a dog that strikes first and gets deep with a coon would have beat her. It's just how it works.
i tried to call you i sent you a light.

Old Post 03-29-2017 04:38 PM
rob thompson is online now Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Tried calling you back. Missed you and your phone doesn't have the voicemail set up.

Home Of:

Old Post 03-29-2017 04:57 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Ya i dont have a mailbox because if i did tar would fill it up anyways!lol

Old Post 03-29-2017 05:00 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Re: Babbling fix all

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
No, don't give them any grace period.

Years ago they had something like a minute or two minutes ON THE FIRST DROP ONLY, then after that if they barked three times they had to be put on the paper.

It made it so much easier to send the babblers back to the house because you could still have your light on them and see them barking at the dog they were running beside for three barks LOL.

Now they are so far in it's hard to prove babbling.

I agree, it was a whole lot easier to bust 'em with the previous rule, and without the arguments you get nowadays on it. Seems like a band aide rule would only be changing rules to accommodate a problem. JMO

Old Post 03-29-2017 08:23 PM
Allen / UKC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Babbling fix all

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
I agree, it was a whole lot easier to bust 'em with the previous rule, and without the arguments you get nowadays on it. Seems like a band aide rule would only be changing rules to accommodate a problem. JMO

Of course it was. Lot harder to deny it when you can still see them. Can't for the life of me understand how anybody could think any different. Break them, leave them home, or lose.

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:11 PM
Donnie Stevens is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Babbling fix all

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC

Then how about ukc decides the 1 minute rule is detrimental to the coonhound breed and get rid of it. Don't call it a rule change you can say it's a policy change. Then we will not have to go through the whole voting thing by a bunch of people that are out of touch with what the majority wants.

Home Of:

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:13 PM
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Babbling fix all

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Then how about ukc decides the 1 minute rule is detrimental to the coonhound breed and get rid of it. Don't call it a rule change you can say it's a policy change. Then we will not have to go through the whole voting thing by a bunch of people that are out of touch with what the majority wants.
?????????I'd like to know this too.

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:15 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Drew a NtCh last Friday, he started barking when the tail gate opened till the judge said cut loose, you could barely hear the judge, he never made a bark after he was cut loose but he had all the other dogs fired up to the point they were the babblers LOL, this was every drop, I wonted to shoot him.

GrNtCh Big Money

GrNtChGrCh Dixie Chick 2 HTX 3
NtCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Logans Kobie Jack (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:22 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email nitehunter2004 Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
Drew a NtCh last Friday, he started barking when the tail gate opened till the judge said cut loose, you could barely hear the judge, he never made a bark after he was cut loose but he had all the other dogs fired up to the point they were the babblers LOL, this was every drop, I wonted to shoot him.
surely yours wasn't influenced by him! That's funny stuff! Why you wanna shoot him if he didn't babble?

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:33 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rob thompson
surely yours wasn't influenced by him! That's funny stuff! Why you wanna shoot him if he didn't babble?

Yes he did and I still do LOL.

GrNtCh Big Money

NtCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:40 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email nitehunter2004 Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
Yes he did and I still do LOL.
sounds to me like you wanna shoot the wrong dog! Hell he did what he was trained to yours didnt!lol

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:42 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rob thompson
sounds to me like you wanna shoot the wrong dog! Hell he did what he was trained to yours didnt!lol

Yelp but I still won't to shoot him!

GrNtCh Big Money

NtCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:50 PM
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Lmao hope you won

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:51 PM